A Planar Contract

milksoda

-rpmHPMMM8cFJRJ5r5vr9J7mTcUy1ooIBp7tAAL3xd5lol4FTjIB1y2DgeuSf6kMLelj7dvMJXmE6zrt4VBZf7USEBY8DLsSz2E4-hGzC4aHf_hLqRURxUrBYPqEXmTbPNaYAn-7LiDBwhrO6uYxrj0

Upon the cosmic vagabond’s first contact with the tome did the world seemingly distort and twist, becoming glazed in citrine hues.

Spoiler

The following are a loose collection of journal entries and notes, labelled numerically. The parchment is pungent and covered in sour juice.

Ena Lamm | C-1: “My miscalculation has landed me somewhere far from the Tuppered Grove. The chance to rest and jot down my thoughts has presented itself too late for comfort. I’ve been here only 4 days and have been sustaining off my own rations, four smashed food-sticks I had left at the bottom of my satchel. . .I have come equipped for a civilized dimension and it has left me horribly unprepared; for much of it is untamed wilds. I scavenged and stole some horrid tasting fruit for survival. The sky has this painful gradient with amber sky and gilded clouds. The rain stings the eyes and sears open wounds.”

• The fruit is all edible (if you can get past the taste). The meat within is the same substance that idly floats within the “waters”.

• The “eels” within the rivers will leap outward toward the overhanging rock structures to pluck the fruit. Harmless?

• Hide in caverns during rain.

• The grass that lies on the ceiling of the caverns hides odd fireflies birds. I sneezed and disturbed them, their light left me awake for hours.

• Although there is no sun the world only seems to become dark when it rains, seemingly occurring at random for random intervals.

Ena Lamm | C-2: “I opened my mouth, and raised my head toward the juice storm. . .While it satiates me physically it chewed at my mind, with each drop my craving for water grew. Two days ago what was once nothing but sour is now tart and delicious. The longer you're exposed the more it eats at the skin, I’ll have to find out how to filter it, I can't stand the itchy feeling in my throat.”

Ena Lamm | C-5: “I was searching for more of those shining obtuse prisms before being accosted by a flash storm. The acidic ooze left my arms red like a tomato and my skin raw. I was able to set up a makeshift sleeping sack out of a large widened “peel” that I ripped from the west face of a donut shaped hill, wrapping myself within like a cocoon. Before I was interrupted by that citrinian beast again, it was a narrow escape but it seems I can lose him by covering my foreign colors in amber goo. I was so tired. Today I ate fruit, laid on the leathery grass, and watched eels jump. . .I will never go out during the rain again.”

• Oblong, faceless, quadrupedal, worm-like face and neck.

• It climbs faster than it runs.

• It only comes out in the rain.

Ena Lamm | C-4: “Despite the constant stinging in my eyes, I’ve fashioned a spear by wrapping the lilies over the top of a smoothed over branch. I've found out that you can attract the eels by placing fruit peels along the shallow end of the stream. They hop out and get stuck in the mud. Their meat is filled with horrible little chitinous cubes and they taste no different than the juice I suck from the bark of the trees. The bark itself acts as a natural filter for the acidity of the tart sap. Nonetheless, eel meat has been the most energizing."

• Leave a net in the mud and bait with peels.

• You can wrap the skin of the coral over your mouth to shield your lungs from when the rain evaporates on hot days.

• Use bark to filter the acid from sap.

Spoiler

Ena Lamm | C-7: “I had witnessed what I can only assume to be a cruel hallucination, the air is finally getting to me. Whilst in my tent peeling eels I saw a purple smog in the distance. A green antennaed woman donning Qalashi clothing manifested before my eyes, like a mutant descendant, before she was confronted by the tiny tribe. As they thrust their spears at the thing it manifested before my eyes a bucket of yellow paint that she poured over her head. Those things began to gurgle and scream, spraying the pathetic woman with projectile juice before she produced for them a simple teapot. I could not believe it but those beings rejoiced! They began to follow the creature around as she tossed various baubles and trinkets outward from within her hair. I can only assume this to be a vision from Gazardiel. An odd contract, though it gave me an idea.”

• The little tribe like objects!

• They spray projectile juice as a defense mechanism.

• Maybe they can be trained?

Ena Lamm | C-9: “After recovering from my hallucinogenic state I got back to work creating Lelson. I have hollowed out a gourd like object and imprinted my own blood filled palm onto its chassis. Together we were able to assemble a makeshift craft, though it quickly shattered.”

Ena Lamm | C-13: “Today I have finally gained the trust of three little tribespeople, when they become feisty and start spraying I corral them with ripped parchment. If I had known earlier these beings are fascinated so easily I would not have surrendered so many of my valuables.”

• They can be controlled so long as I have something to give them.

---

Ena Lamm | C-22: “After donning the mask gifted to me by my pulp filled brethren I marched onward to confront the beast I had so cowardly avoided until now. Luring the daemon with a sack of foreign colored objects I had intended to climb its back and lure it off a cliff - However, I had jumped ship too late, with my eyes closed and my mind braced I begun to plummet, soaring father, deeper toward the abyss - it was only a stroke of luck that caused the tome I so desperately clung to to blink me back to safety. The year long journey had ended, and my citrus brothers could now rest easy.

- Ena Lamm, Cosmic Archaeologist

Spoiler

2116997600_lemson(1)(1).thumb.jpg.0cd942daadb41e27f4669ff68bb6adc8.jpg