[✗] [Addition/Amendment] Blood Magic

MeteorDragon

Funkys Food For Thought No One asked for. 

"Those who gain higher strength in blood magic are capable of forcing the blood to transform into crimson crystals that take on whatever shape they were before being crystalized. However, they all keep a crystalline look, having sharp edges and flat surfaces rather than being rounded. Normally, these blood crystals just act like a red colored glass, though, should an Earth Rune be added to it via Ensorcell Material, then it would act similar to that of steel and be capable of holding sharp edges. Should this be done, however, the crystal will no longer be able to be shaped."

"these blood crystals just act like a red colored glass"

Blood contains iron, yeah? I would argue that with this, you can get away with saying that naturally these blood crystals can range from red colored glass to flux iron, such as cast iron etc by itself or just a universal iron. This should be dependent upon how much blood is used to create these crystals as its durability should naturally stem from its natural mineral content. But would be raw. It could also server as a smithing flux in this form. Ferrum with this crystal that has been ground into a powder could be use to create a sort of mix between Ferrum and Daemonsteel with mechanical applications of can be set on fire twice instead of Daemons steels 3-4 (Idk atm can't remember how much just got off work). 

How ever, with any iron strength blood crystal, it will chip easier or break, this could be anywhere between 8-10 strikes before it starts to chip and if more blood isn't given to fix, will fully shatter in the next three. It should be able to be used to make any sort of weapon that defaults to our standard of Iron or 'Ferrum'

This could extend to 'blood armor' or 'blood scale mail' as well. And just hold the same strength as our standard Ferrum armor

"though, should an Earth Rune be added to it via Ensorcell Material, then it would act similar to that of steel and be capable of holding sharp edges."

The Earth rune should be used to counter act the chipping of the material or weapon made. Making it able to be used for fancy Armors, Weapons, and the sort that have the durability of honestly Lunarite. An Earth Rune on the object means it needs to be ST signed already yeah? Go the extra mile. 

"Should this be done, however, the crystal will no longer be able to be shaped."

Personally, I think this doesn't need to be in here. Blood mages should be able to, in a form of ritual, to repair the weapon or armor, give it more ichor or something akin to how it was made to repair the item itself. It should also work in tandem with existing affects. Such as alot of BM have weapons or items that fully transform into a weapon upon blood coming into contact with it and I believe, that it should function the same here. 

All and all, I would love to see this, and blood mages being able to ******* cut their arm open, and make a short sword on the fly should be added. A BM should be able to slit their wrist and slit my throat. 

I mouth spoke what the **** I mouth spoke.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.