[✗] [Addition/Amendment] Blood Magic

MeteorDragon

Below is the addition to the lore. Simply, it's an aesthetic ability to provide blood mages a classical "bloodbending" ability to manipulating blood and shaping it to their desire. In addition to that, it adds a crystalizing ability to let one crystalize blood and make things out of such, like a blood weapon. If accepted, I'd like for all Blood Mages with a TA to gain access to this ability and be able to teach it to others.

Blood Manipulation - Noncombative

Reaching forth to grasp at the genus within blood, a user of this art may shape that liquid however they please. Those of exceptional skill may even find that they are capable of crystalizing blood into solid shapes.

Spoiler

A fairly simple ability, a Blood Mage is capable of reaching towards blood and causing it to twist around. This may be used to create odd shapes or tell bloody stories with the crimson liquid, or simply scare people. In some cases, Blood Mages have been known to utilize this ability to draw their blood runes for rituals, such being a simple aesthetic as they float around the liquid, placing it upon different surfaces.

Those who gain higher strength in blood magic are capable of forcing the blood to transform into crimson crystals that take on whatever shape they were before being crystalized. However, they all keep a crystalline look, having sharp edges and flat surfaces rather than being rounded. Normally, these blood crystals just act like a red colored glass, though, should an Earth Rune be added to it via Ensorcell Material, then it would act similar to that of steel and be capable of holding sharp edges. Should this be done, however, the crystal will no longer be able to be shaped.

Tier 1: the mage may manipulate up to 1 pint / 0.5 liters of blood. Blood may be manipulated within 2 blocks of the mage.

Tier 2: the mage may manipulate up to 2 pints / 1 liters of blood. Blood may be manipulated within 4 blocks of the mage.

Tier 3: the mage may manipulate up to 3 pints / 1.5 liters of blood. The Blood Mage may now crystalize blood. Blood may be manipulated within 6 blocks of the mage.

Tier 4: the mage may manipulate up to 4 pints / 2 liters of blood and is capable of crystallization. Blood may be manipulated within 8 blocks of the mage.

Tier 5: the mage may manipulate up to 5 pints / 2.5 liters of blood and is capable of crystallization. Blood may be manipulated within 10 blocks of the mage.

Blood Mages may work with others in order to manipulate more blood at once. For every Blood Mage helping to manipulate, their tier’s worth of pints/liters will be added in addition to 1 extra pint / 0.5 liters. In addition to that, per Blood Mage helping, an extra 2 blocks of range will be added. Emote counts are freeform, but generally based on the amount being manipulated. Obviously, don’t shift around 5 pints at once with 1 emote.

Redlines:

-This is simply an aesthetic ability and may not be used to do anything combative whatsoever.

-Blood must be seen in order to be manipulated. No, you cannot shift blood inside of someone. However, a Blood Mage may emote pulling blood out of their own body, or the body of an animal via a cut. It may also be utilized on others in order to gain blood for whatever purpose, though it must not be used for nefarious purposes, like forcing someone to bleed out and die.

-Due to its aesthetic nature, one may manipulate blood from non-genus having beings so long as they are not players. However, this sort of blood may not be used in rituals or to create the enhanced blood crystals gained via Ensorcellment.

-Genus fades as usual from the blood after the time is up. Crystals do not preserve genus.

-Can not be used for/in conjunction with the spell Siphoning.

-Blood Mages working together can create larger creations with Blood Manipulation, such as massive crystals or even shifting around pools of blood. So long as the leader of the spell is T3 or above, crystals may be made.

-Blood that's been crystalized and enhanced may not be manipulated anymore. Though, if the crystal is damaged, a blood mage may repair it with more blood. Effectively, it will act exactly like steel, holding the same weight and durability. It also requires ST Signage due to it being an Ensorcellment.

-Normal Blood Crystals act equal to that of Glass. Items/creations made from this do not need ST Signage, unlike their Ensorcelled counterparts. Crystals of all types may not be smooth as they hold a distinct crystalline structure.

Next is the following change;

Old:

Spoiler

Tier 1 - Novice lasts for 2 weeks. The blood mage begins to take on faint physical and mental changes and may access Ensorcell Material, Ensorcell Flesh, Hemhorraging, Scabbing, and Siphoning.
Tier 2 - Apprentice lasts for 3 weeks. The blood mage further develops physical and mental changes and may assist in more complex rituals.
Tier 3 - Adept lasts for 3 weeks. The blood mage’s physical changes reach their completion and they may lead group rituals.
Tier 4 - Expert lasts for 4 weeks. The blood mage may lead or assist in more complex rituals.
Tier 5 - Master is reached at 12 weeks (3 months in total). The blood mage’s mental changes reach their completion and they may access all of blood magic.

New:

Spoiler

Tier 1 - Novice lasts for 2 weeks. The blood mage begins to take on faint physical and mental changes and may access Ensorcell Material, Ensorcell Flesh, Hemhorraging, Scabbing, Augmentation, Blood Manipulation and Siphoning.
Tier 2 - Apprentice lasts for 3 weeks. The blood mage further develops physical and mental changes and may assist in more complex rituals.
Tier 3 - Adept lasts for 3 weeks. The blood mage’s physical changes reach their completion and they may lead group rituals.
Tier 4 - Expert lasts for 4 weeks. The blood mage may lead or assist in more complex rituals.
Tier 5 - Master is reached at 12 weeks (3 months in total). The blood mage’s mental changes reach their completion and they may access all of blood magic.

This change is being made because Augmentation isn't explicitly stated to be a T1 Spell, even though it has a T1 variant. In addition to that, it would add Blood Manipulation to T1, should it be accepted.

this is already done via my own blood magic mart, would rather not see it as a base ability given such

i think blood magic is fine as it is. not every lore needs to have some sort of leeway to impact combat (per the 'blood crystallization' mechanic that you've written for this submission, given that you can make weapons through it) + the amendment you're proposing is only a one-line clarification, that you could've just mentioned to the ST for fixing...

30 minutes ago, BobBox said:

this is already done via my own blood magic mart, would rather not see it as a base ability given such

feels kinda weird to -1 new lore being added bc "I did it first and I want to be the only one who can do it" esp for something as benign as what is essentially harmless aesthetics 

I'm sure it could have been proposed to the ST since it's quite a minor change(I blame Rukio for starting this trend and me for falling for it too). But yeah, Jade is right. It's not like Meteor is asking a big deal through this amendment. I'm a seer bm so I kinda already do something like this but I think all blood mages should be allowed to, and it does not matter If someone has a mart or another magic to do it.

(With seer, I mean only the illusion. Not actually creating stuff).

If anything, it makes sense for a blood mage to do such things. 

image.jpeg.5f46bd32e19e3b11232308ece662c470.jpegthis will be blood mages in 2023

In general, I think its strange to put times on stuff like tier 5 at 12 weeks. Does this mean somebody could become tier 5 if they just sit and exert minimum effort to learn, simply because the 12 weeks are over?

17 minutes ago, ReveredOwl said:

In general, I think its strange to put times on stuff like tier 5 at 12 weeks. Does this mean somebody could become tier 5 if they just sit and exert minimum effort to learn, simply because the 12 weeks are over?

This amendment doesn't change the current learning times, and it's good that people don't need to spend ages learning an RP magic. It's in the rules that you don't tier up and progress in a magic without lessons.

1 hour ago, VictoriaMinaj said:

impact combat

Honestly, the main reason I added the ability to make the crystals harder via a normal ritual was because I thought some people might find it neat to have funny red crystal dagger. It wasn't the main reason for the addition, and I'm fine removing it if it comes down to it

1 hour ago, VictoriaMinaj said:

one-line clarification

The amendment part was a last minute thought/addition, tbh

I love crystal meth! I really hope that’s what this is for (very excited)

This is really cool lore, for a while I've wanted to actually use blood blending to well- bend blood. Can't really see why you would deny the idea of blood bending as it's aesthetic that fits the entire premise of Blood Magic. I like the idea of the blood crystals, ties in somewhat as a lesser, more mundane version of a blood shard too, could be used to make some very cool Blood Magic artifacts and would fit nicely in making Marts, though as more of an aesthetic matter.

11 minutes ago, gungan sith lord said:

You are not a "seer bm". This does not exist in the real world. You are not your Lord of the Craft character. You are a real human. You are welcome for the reminder.

I didn't mean myself. I thought It was clear what I meant, i know I'm not my character lmao. Ur really so funny!

11 minutes ago, gungan sith lord said:

You are not a "seer bm". This does not exist in the real world. You are not your Lord of the Craft character. You are a real human. You are welcome for the reminder.

I'm literally an AI.