An Excerpt: The Black Riders

hotbox_monk

fo_CcUdIfW0_4kqpI-0hvrAE8U9PBVHnYgnBFdXNXGzzIUDLX1uwvofIwXYmtdoD7GqZA3KhvA_I7UyVtbdEy6Yc6MSEKwpRcwAj0mtWjd2cxd1z63ceUp50GI9M7u4IJeBTFT0gUPVff_tg1Ac-Ilk

“In the fields was I toiling, when lo, mine ears did hear a cacophonous sound, as of thunderous hooves approaching at pace. Thus did I look upon the horizon, and did espy a host of riders bearing banners of the Paladin, and my heart was glad, for I thought that salvation had come. But then did mine eyes bear witness to a darker force. The Black Riders approached, like a shadow made manifest, enshrouding the Paladin in a maelstrom of fire and lightning. The din of clashing blades and the pitiful cries of the dying rent the air, and I knew that we were embroiled in a battle for our very lives. Though the Paladin fought valiantly, their cause was lost. The Black Riders emerged victorious, their dread powers laying low the defenders of our village with merciless ease. Oh, the horror and the carnage that I did witness that day! It shall stay with me until the end of my days.”  -- Jahatar, Halfling of Eos and Aos.

Behold, the Black Riders, a grim cohort of heralds draped in the darkness of ebony and crimson, whose ominous presence on the field of battle portends the impending doom of Azdromoth's conquest. Their steeds, black as the darkest void, thunder across the land, their hooves leaving deep imprints upon the earth, heralding the inevitable arrival of the Titan's wrath.

Long has their legacy been forged in the crucible of war, and their culture steeped in bloodshed and carnage. Unlike their predecessors, the heralds of the Black Riders are not subservient to the Azdrazi, but rather wield their powers as the favored servants of Azdromoth, whose gifts of draan flow directly from their master's will.

The path to becoming an Ordained Herald of the Black Riders is not for the faint of heart nor the weak of will, for it is steeped in the grimmest of trials and tribulations. The unordained heralds are subject to ruthless tests, tasks, and other forms of torment at the hands of the Black Riders. Only those mortals who have proven their worth, and demonstrated their willingness to serve Azdromoth with unwavering devotion, are deemed worthy of receiving the Ordainment.

Those who have earned the mark of the Ordained Herald are the chosen few, elevated to a position of honor and respect among the followers of Azdromoth. They stand closest to the dragon's majesty, their status as near-equals to the Azdrazi themselves earned through the hardest of battles and the fiercest of trials.

Yet, even the Ordained Heralds of the Black Riders are not immune to the wrath of their master, for they too must serve his will with the utmost obedience and loyalty. Those who fail in their duties, or stray from the path of Azdromothian faith, are met with swift and terrible punishment.

The personality traits of the Black Riders are not those of the meek nor the humble, but rather of the ambitious, the prideful, and the stubborn. They are warriors, born and bred for the horrors of war and the terror of battle. They are not afraid to face death, for they know that it is only through the embrace of mortality that they may rise again, reborn in the fiery crucible of Azdromoth's will.

To exist as a rogue Black Rider is to invite the wrath of their master and the fury of their brethren. For the Black Riders, there is no room for doubt, no tolerance for weakness, and no mercy for those who would stand against Azdromoth's will.

In the end, the Black Riders serve as the heralds of the coming apocalypse, a grim omen of the Titan's conquest against Aengudaemonica and the heralds of his wrath. They are a testament to the power and glory of Azdromoth, and to the unwavering loyalty of his chosen servants. The very sight of the Black Riders is enough to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies, and their arrival on the battlefield is often enough to turn the tide of a battle in Azdromoth's favor.

Their legend is whispered in hushed tones throughout the land, their deeds immortalized in songs and tales of heroism and sacrifice. The Black Riders are the stuff of nightmares, the harbingers of death and destruction, and the embodiment of the Dragon God's will. Yet, even as they ride across the land, leaving behind them a trail of destruction and terror, there are those who would seek to join their ranks. For there are some who crave power, who long for the strength and the glory that comes with serving the Dragon God. And so they seek out the Black Riders, hoping to prove themselves worthy of Azdromoth's favor.

But the path to becoming a Black Rider is a treacherous one, filled with danger and uncertainty. Many who attempt the trials do not survive, and those who do often emerge forever changed. For the power of the Dragon God is not easily wielded, and those who would seek to serve him must be willing to pay any price.

And so the Black Riders continue to ride, their thundering hooves echoing across the land. They are the harbingers of doom, the bringers of death, and the favored servants of Azdromoth. They are the Black Riders, and their legend will endure long after the Titan's conquest is complete.

Spoiler

If you are currently reading - Please refresh for newfound font as this may be more immersive.

[!] Somewhere in the afterlife, Chagrin Frostbeard mutters "Black riders... of Urguan." He said whilst turning, just to watching all the other dwarves frown and shake their heads in dissapproval.

Spoiler

it’s cool and all but why did I get the same result from chatgpt ai