Why Activity Checks are good

JoshBright

Top 10 reasons why activity checks are good for the server!

1) They cause people to be stressed over a block game 

2) They cause people to go into mental breakdowns 

3) They weed out the weak by causing people to permanently quit the server 

4) Activity can destroy nations overnight without any rp leading up to it as rp is bad for an rp server

5) Burnsider hates them

6) Laeonathen loves them

7) "you only need 2 people on your tile for 24 hours" this is a very very good thing, some nations struggle with GMT and EST and have 0 people on the tile for up to 8 hours a day because of this 

8) Leads to burnout, this is very healthy for people and studies have that it improves their ability to cry and cope 

9) It teaches kids that video games are more important than their education 

10) Admins have no activity requirements which is completely and utterly fair, they are more important people on then server and more important than the general public, even tho they are likely just as busy as them. 

Warning: this post is lazy, just like the activity system 

Spoiler

Alternative name for post: Why Activity check ******* suck. 

14 minutes ago, JoshBright said:

activity checks are dumb and whatnot but if you're having mental breakdowns over activity and furthermore this server then genuinely step outside for once

39 minutes ago, JoshBright said:

Top 10 reasons why activity checks are good for the server!

1) They cause people to be stressed over a block game 

3) They weed out the weak by causing people to permanently quit the server 

4) Activity can destroy nations overnight without any rp leading up to it as rp is bad for an rp server

5) Burnsider hates them

6) Laeonathen loves them

7) "you only need 2 people on your tile for 24 hours" this is a very very good thing, some nations struggle with GMT and EST and have 0 people on the tile for up to 8 hours a day because of this 

8) Leads to burnout, this is very healthy for people and studies have that it improves their ability to cry and cope 

10) Admins have no activity requirements which is completely and utterly fair, they are more important people on then server and more important than the general public, even tho they are likely just as busy as them. 

Warning: this post is lazy, just like the activity system 

Reveal hidden contents

Alternative name for post: Why Activity check ******* suck. 

1. Go outside

2. Go outside

3. Go outside =/= weak it makes you strong

4. Good all nations are OOC scemes

5. I agree, this is a good reason why they're good.

6. See 5.

7. Go outside.

8. Go outside

9. Go outside, it's more important than education 

10. They touch grass, you don't

It’s called touch the power button and take a break Lol

16 minutes ago, rukio said:

1. Go outside

2. Go outside

3. Go outside =/= weak it makes you strong

4. Good all nations are OOC scemes

5. I agree, this is a good reason why they're good.

6. See 5.

7. Go outside.

8. Go outside

9. Go outside, it's more important than education 

10. They touch grass, you don't

this. most of my vassals are able to make 1% when they put in the effort to do so without capital help. if people are actually interested in a nation other than sitting in a house on a bed then the activity requirements to get at least 1% are quite easy. If theres no interest in a settlement outside of 2-4 people, then they simply won't meet requirements because it means they are not active. If you don't want to worry about activity, become a vassal of a larger nation or a lair. 

i love lotc

Don't follow the patriarchy, leave the region, lose it, rebel against the system.

Don't let the admins win.

The easiest solution to activity-check induced stress:

1. Close Minecraft.

2. Turn off your PC.

3. Open the door.

4. Breathe in that crisp, air. Wipe away the gamer sweat.

5. Admire the grass. Bend down. Touch the grass.

11 hours ago, JoshBright said:

6) Laeonathen loves them

You're a certified fanboy

you had me in the first part ngl

this is good. i agree 100%

In times like these I like to touch the grass I have growing on my desk 

The activity system is by far not a perfect system (I don't see anyone saying it is) but it is really important to prevent the server from becoming like CERTAIN OTHER "RP" SERVERS

On 2/24/2023 at 12:26 AM, JoshBright said:

unironically writing ban appeals on a block game and garrys mod taught me more than the u.s public education system ever did so take that as you will

if your nation cant get 2 people on for 24 hours maybe its time to consider moving under the umbrella of another nation. why is it that everyone thinks they should be privileged to a tile or region of their own when they barely have any people? it's drawing away from the activity of hubs that should be the centers of roleplay.

We should not have inactive zones that cater to small groups of people roleplaying in isolation because that is not conducive to a cohesive narrative or story, or group roleplaying. It's like in DnD if you went off your own while the rest of your party is in the city doing something. It detracts from everyone elses experience by you and 5 other people (maybe sometimes 12+ once in a blue moon!!!11!) being able to sit in your own build in a random area of the map, especially when there's 5-10 other groups of people doing the same thing.

I cant do it i must stay on LoTC even when im forced out of my super sweaty gaming chair. For example the other day i was walking to work and in the middle of the road i screamed out "GRAND TELEPORTATION" in an attempt to cast an achor down to where my job was and teleport.. but this did not work i am extremely sad [I'm joking]

You gotta by Joshing me right now! I can't believe this! Go outside and touch some grass my brother. You'll feel much better!