Things the server needs

argonian

2 minutes ago, ReveredOwl said:

Realistic terrain and usable mc head farms!

If by realistic we mean navigable/usable/sensible and not "looks realistic when zoomed out 1000x farther than server render distance ever actually allows" than agreed.

wdym by mc head farms though?

yes please 1.8 make bringing children into the server to goon viable again! MAKE LOTC GREAT

31 minutes ago, argonian said:

Related to the above: streamline the application process. One important example, instead of just telling them to "read duh lore stupid" and directing them to our thousands of pages of mostly out-of-date lore, we should just have a thread for each race describing the basics (the Four Brothers, the original racial nations, major religions, etc.) and just ask the applicants questions that are clearly answered in the thread for the race they're applying as. Or smth like that. In Aegis we just had to know who the Four Brothers were and we could wave away our characters' ignorance by saying "ahyes but you see I come from a distant land". These days noobs have to pretend they came from the capital of Haense and then log in unable to actually find their "home". What purpose does that serve?

this is so real tho but ppl hate making joining the server easier for noobs bc they're so diehard on their "good rper noobs onlny plz" or whateverthefuck other convoluted reasoning ppl are on a mission to enforce lol

the application form has been made simpler and requirements and restrictions and standards are being made lesser recently and people are actually mad about it

8 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

this is so real tho but ppl hate making joining the server easier for noobs bc they're so diehard on their "good rper noobs onlny plz" or whateverthefuck other convoluted reasoning ppl are on a mission to enforce lol

the application form has been made simpler and requirements and restrictions and standards are being made lesser recently and people are actually mad about it

ppl these days moan abt noob rp quality going down, meanwhile they spam every new applicant with 80 PMs begging them to join their nation/settlement/whatever. it's so disingenuous it's painful

also a couple other things, (1) the lore requirements the way they are don't rly separate the wheat from the chaff: sure the chaff are just not gonna bother reading anything and just never reapply, but there are plenty of quality noobs who try to apply with a backstory that actually doesn't work because they read an outdated nation post, and then get denied because "your character is too young to be from vienne!!!" through no fault of their own. the only thing a lore requirement should inspect for is interest in the setting and motivation to learn, so we should make the info we test blindingly obvious to anyone who wants to find it. 

and (2) honestly, the guys who are noobs at RP'ing are often far more compatible with the server than veteran RPers with weird expectations. usually the worst new players we get are guys with 5 years experience of terminal protagonist syndrome on some 20-man comatose server somewhere. i'd much rather an eager illiterate than an arrogant fuckwit, in other words.

7 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

Very simple solution to this. Ignore them.

Idk if it was said yet but the only comment I have is the 1.8 pvp instead of 1.9 pvp. I disagree with it because 1.9 pvp is quite less arthritis inducing than 1.8 pvp. That is all.

I have mixed feelings on a lot of these ideas, but everyone who has more playtime than I do feel free to put up your cases and convince me.

14 minutes ago, mkaxeman said:

Idk if it was said yet but the only comment I have is the 1.8 pvp instead of 1.9 pvp. I disagree with it because 1.9 pvp is quite less arthritis inducing than 1.8 pvp. That is all.

1.9 raids and warclaims last like 10x as long, with no one dying for the first half an hour before suddenly one side kills one guy and wipes the other. Objectively more arthritis-inducing.

13 minutes ago, Mannamannaa said:

I have mixed feelings on a lot of these ideas, but everyone who has more playtime than I do feel free to put up your cases and convince me.

No one can read your mind to agree or disagree. Your feedback would be a lot more constructive if you just said "you retard, x, y and z are the dumbest ideas ever cuz..." rather than this.

6 minutes ago, argonian said:

1.9 raids and warclaims last like 10x as long, with no one dying for the first half an hour before suddenly one side kills one guy and wipes the other. Objectively more arthritis-inducing.

No one can read your mind to agree or disagree. Your feedback would be a lot more constructive if you just said "you retard, x, y and z are the dumbest ideas ever cuz..." rather than this.

Agreed, that was mostly a placeholder for when I can stop and actually think about all the different ideas mentioned. XD

5 minutes ago, Mannamannaa said:

Agreed, that was mostly a placeholder for when I can stop and actually think about all the different ideas mentioned. XD

👍 lmk

edit: is that broken just for me or are the forum emojis broken in general

1 hour ago, argonian said:

BUT in return swap back to 1.8 pvp so we stop dying of old age, arthritis, and the embarrassment of telling our doctors we got carpal tunnel from fighting for the glory of House Novellen.

I tried telling my doctor that but she just shouted "KRUSAE ZWY KINGDOM" and tried to stab me with a needle or some shit

All these ideas I support. 1.9 started killing conflict on the server along with a certain moderation admin and I agree with more armor tiers. Only thing I don’t support is frewbuild everywhere, I’d say there should only be a limit to how close a build can be to a nation 

5 minutes ago, Elite Snipes said:

All these ideas I support. 1.9 started killing conflict on the server along with a certain moderation admin and I agree with more armor tiers. Only thing I don’t support is frewbuild everywhere, I’d say there should only be a limit to how close a build can be to a nation 

nations are fake though

what is a nation

i believe we should instead just let nations region what is important 2 them. instead of buying tiles, they buy regions of their own specifications. instead of "yes i want my capital here so im buying this whole tile!!!", just let them be like "yeah i wanna buy a region covering the coords x, y and z" (for my capital, farmlands, buffer, etc. or whatever they want rly. buyer's choice!)

you're right tho that some kinda of gap betwen regions would be needed, but i'm also not suggesting letting randos dig 2 blocks outside the walls of the capital of urguan. urguan can just buy a bigger region, as opposed to buying a tile or x-tiles as rn