Things the server needs

argonian

50 minutes ago, argonian said:

also a couple other things, (1) the lore requirements the way they are don't rly separate the wheat from the chaff: sure the chaff are just not gonna bother reading anything and just never reapply, but there are plenty of quality noobs who try to apply with a backstory that actually doesn't work because they read an outdated nation post, and then get denied because "your character is too young to be from vienne!!!" through no fault of their own. the only thing a lore requirement should inspect for is interest in the setting and motivation to learn, so we should make the info we test blindingly obvious to anyone who wants to find it. 

Dont know when the last time you looked at the server applications was, but knowing lore hasnt been a requirement for apps for a while now. 

14 minutes ago, SaviourMeme said:

Dont know when the last time you looked at the server applications was, but knowing lore hasnt been a requirement for apps for a while now. 

Nope, lore references are still required

I'm not here to pick a fight with you personally. I just want the lore noobs get asked to be shit that's (a) relevant and (b) easy and unambiguous to find. Dunno why this should be some kind of Highland Call for the CT.

Edit: also, shit like "this application has been auto denied for being the older of the two" is absurdly dumb. That is how a bot would respond. And rightfully too, because a bot can't use human judgement in filtering spam. But for an actual human player to tell a noob to go **** themselves because they tried applying as two different characters to be more likely to get accepted, when we get **** all applicants as it is, is just pathetic. Hire some more CT if this shit (like 1 app a day) is really so overwhelming that you have to LARP as a robot to cope.

Might also wanna check what "auto" means in the dictionary while you're at it.

4 minutes ago, argonian said:

Nope, lore references are still required

I'm not here to pick a fight with you personally. I just want the lore noobs get asked to be shit that's (a) relevant and (b) easy and unambiguous to find. Dunno why this should be some kind of Highland Call for the CT.

I see, thanks for bringing that up. That goes against our protocols for the Apps, they seem strayed from whats needed. If you have a look at making a new app you can see the actual requirements, nothing with lore is needed. Not trying to be nitpicky, just wanted to clear it up.

Though as to your second point, a very basic current world lore requirement will be added in the near future.

1 hour ago, argonian said:

If by realistic we mean navigable/usable/sensible and not "looks realistic when zoomed out 1000x farther than server render distance ever actually allows" than agreed.

wdym by mc head farms though?

like, a plugin that allows you to harvest mc heads that gives you a textured (with a resource pack) food item that represents the crop, like cabbages, which can then be used to perhaps add saturation or custom food crafting recipes instead of just the generic minecraft carrot and wheat farms

31 minutes ago, ReveredOwl said:

like, a plugin that allows you to harvest mc heads that gives you a textured (with a resource pack) food item that represents the crop, like cabbages, which can then be used to perhaps add saturation or custom food crafting recipes instead of just the generic minecraft carrot and wheat farms

It would be cool if like, there were head items representing different food w a seed item, u could plant the seeds and it'd grow said food head, can be harvested like any other crop (gives u more seed, and an item) for custom recipes

honestly bring 1.8 pvp back PLEASE.

Every fight that the nations have in 1.9 turns into a 2 hour long bow trade where barely anyone loses more than 3 HP, then they just charge each other, the outcome of the fight being purely determined by who has mastered the art of jump clicking every 0.58 seconds through meticulous tranining.

Back in 1.8 days, you could have entire nations fight PVP, and conclude the fight within a manner of minutes, at most, the battle lasting 45 minutes of pure unfiltered fun, where every individual had an agency in the fight. The whole point of PVP was to give a quick solution in CRP combat to players who otherwise have to be somewhere else. Now, with 1.9, we are basically replacing a 2 hour long crp session with a 2 hour long left clicking session. 

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING 1.8 BACK I BEG OF YOU

4 hours ago, argonian said:

1.9 raids and warclaims last like 10x as long, with no one dying for the first half an hour before suddenly one side kills one guy and wipes the other. Objectively more arthritis-inducing.

Still 100% disagree, as a former 1.8 player my wrist and hands hurt much worse than they do now with 1.9. I’m not disagreeing that it should be 1.8 just like now arguing with you that 1.8 is far more arthritis inducing than 1.9.

segregation and racially separated nations

cook.

Especially agree with just throwing tiles directly in the dumpster. Lord of the Craft's most arbitrary mechanic, does not mesh with common sense, roleplay, or any other rule on the server. People like to call LoTC a "factions server" but the literal factions plugin would do a better job than this goofy ass tile system does. 

8 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

cook.

Especially agree with just throwing tiles directly in the dumpster. Lord of the Craft's most arbitrary mechanic, does not mesh with common sense, roleplay, or any other rule on the server. People like to call LoTC a "factions server" but the literal factions plugin would do a better job than this goofy ass tile system does. 

teach me the history of tiles from the inception to now monkeypoacher

1.9 pvp actively makes battles worse, lasting far longer in warclaims and bigger battles causing cancer tornadoes where 30 minute fights occur with people just ducking in and out to eat food only to regenerate all their health in the lag. most people who shill for 1.9 have spent hours practicing so they aren't missing and wasting literal seconds in a fight, whereas noobs will more than likely hit less than 50% of their clicks and just die.

1.8 pvp makes literally every aspect of pvp more accessible and enjoyable.

I will fight freebuild to my death because if it gets reimplemented I know I will be the one who will manage it.

10 hours ago, argonian said:
  1. Overworld mining and resource gathering.
  2. Caves with dangerous mobs that me n the boys can hunt for mina and loot.
  3. More armour tiers. Swap iron with chainmail and make have actual iron armour be made from iron blocks or smth, and then add diamond on top of that.
  4. BUT in return swap back to 1.8 pvp so we stop dying of old age, arthritis, and the embarrassment of telling our doctors we got carpal tunnel from fighting for the glory of House Novellen.
  5. Remove tiles they literally serve no purpose besides making things worse.
  6. Remove most nation/settlement perks and just make them purchasable etc. This dumbfuckery that you can't get a green pillar because you have 50 too few EU4 bird mana or whatever is just ridiculous. 
  7. Freebuild anywhere that ppl don't pay up (mina-wise ofc!) to region.
  8. A general abandonment of the idea that new player retention is fostered by babying them rather than by giving them agency (freebuild, overworld resource gathering, etc. are very much connected here!)
  9. Related to the above: streamline the application process. One important example, instead of just telling them to "read duh lore stupid" and directing them to our thousands of pages of mostly out-of-date lore, we should just have a thread for each race describing the basics (the Four Brothers, the original racial nations, major religions, etc.) and just ask the applicants questions that are clearly answered in the thread for the race they're applying as. Or smth like that. In Aegis we just had to know who the Four Brothers were and we could wave away our characters' ignorance by saying "ahyes but you see I come from a distant land". These days noobs have to pretend they came from the capital of Haense and then log in unable to actually find their "home". What purpose does that serve?
  10. Mass rule wipes. Some rules can just be deleted or merged, others trivially made obsolete (instead of banning players for jumping 3+ blocks on a horse... just limit horses to 3 block jump height???), and any and all rules related to RP magic and combat can be deleted too while you're at it.
  11.  Related to the above, mass rollback of Region Owner rights. Just one example: crazy that these ppl can ban "vehicles" (read: boats) in their regions purely to prevent ppl sailing away to safety on their streams n rivers.
  12. Oh and stop having half the map be literal OOC demilitarised zones. The whole point of this server is to "deal with it in RP stupid", but then you actually log in and everywhere you go you get a message like "*THIS IS A HUB. YOU WILL BE PERMA-BANNED IF YOU SWEAR HERE))". You're mid-PVP chasing some guy and suddenly it's all like "Papieren, bitte!" because you accidentally crossed into the OOC international zone that takes up half the map. I heard the CT is being moved off map. Good move if so! Never let anyone return without dying please.

That's it for now. More l8r

Opinions on each thing numbers
1. This is a minecraft server. Its goddamn stupid we are not using the main appeal of the game by allowing people to mine and shit. Current nodes are so boring and ugly, why does every nation have the exact same spiral and the exact same ores? Really dumb, have caves ffs, like actual mines.

2. I support more caves. if you have hostile mobs in them, its gives much more things for noobs to do. Like you could give them a quest or something to kill some mobs so they can get into the game a bit more. Its a bit an RPGish, but this is a game and we do RP so yeah. Let there be mobs people can kill on their own so they don't feel bored.

3. Yes, i support. Remove the damn surge system make everything craftable normally. More armour tiers is better at reducing amount of iron and shit in the economy so its even better and will prevent nations from hoarding stacks upon stacks of the stuff.

4. I'm cracked at 1.8 so yes.

5. I've not experienced a tile-less system so i can't comment. I don't think they should be so damn huge though.

6. Agree. If you have the money, you should be allowed to. It removes useless mina from the economy and does something useful. What the hell i'm gonna spend 5k mina on? I'd rather spend it to benefit the community than waste it on trinkets, but people can't cause of "rules".

7. Unsure, i've not experienced freebuild. I'm picturing it as just paying for creative for a few hours using mina, to me that sounds alright. Better than waiting on staff for a few weeks to paste my house in, by which point i could have built it by hand live.

8. No opinion. I think just a better explanation of LOTC rules and RP culture would go a long way for newbies, make them less anxious.

9. Anything to improve ease of access is always better. If people complain about inexperienced and bad RPers, its your job as a member of the community to help them out and set them straight.

10. Agreed again. For example, Why aren't CRP rules for pets listed in the rules tab on the forums? Among other things like that. Streamline streamline streamline

11. I've literally never heard of this? If so its ridiculous.

12. I don't mind demilitarized zones. But i'm sure its scary for noobs to hear see the change "you can now get killed" after walking past an arbitrary line in the sand. I'd rather have it make sense IRP, like it being a monk temple so no violence, or some other force making sure nothing bad happens like merchant guards or something. This goes into something more like let people actually do stuff there? Set up shops and stuff, with money going into staff to server as another money sink for the economy.

My own suggestions: I really think there should be an economy team responsible for handling it. Every "mmo" type game has at least someone looking at that shit, because its severely important for both gameplay and immersion. Like lowering bread prices to 0.01 to compensate for the sheer insane amount of productivity nations have. it would help regulate money prices more. But i'm no economist, I just RP one.