Things the server needs

argonian

Isnt the issue that 1.18 is causing a lot of lag in the newer version for LOTC?

Otherwise the 1.18 PvP was obviously more newbie friendly.

18 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

Isnt the issue that 1.18 is causing a lot of lag in the newer version for LOTC?

Otherwise the 1.18 PvP was obviously more newbie friendly.

If 1.8 would break performance, then yeh we just gotta stick with 1.9--but they should at least fiddle with the damage/regen values so people actually hurry up and die IMO.

On 3/2/2023 at 2:56 AM, argonian said:

but there's never any discussion about how there's literally nothing a noob can actually do other than AFK at meetings where the important people do all the actual RP'ing.

I love reading all of your posts. On the killing mobs and getting loot idea:  I would have loved if when I was a pink tag I could stop making the high-ups in my nation look cool, found an adventuring guild and go down into the Rimeveld caves to slay monsters and find cool unique items.

Loot itself is just so, so sparse. You will most likely never get a cool weapon unless you lootgremlin every single ST event for one (the cool weapons in ST events are usually hardlocked so only the main characters get them), or find a generous person who'll oocly throw something at you that's been sitting in their six doublechests of ST items. Like, no one got shit from that dragon event unless you were the main characters - which is odd considering that it was very much an Avengers Assemble level event that effected the entire continent. 

Like, magic is literally everywhere in LOTC. It's as normal to the average joe now as paying taxes, yet the really unique shit is so gate-kept as to not devalue the artifical ST item market. Even the most conservative fantasy RPG out there will throw you a firesword every once and awhile. 

46 minutes ago, SethWolf said:

I love reading all of your posts. On the killing mobs and getting loot idea:  I would have loved if when I was a pink tag I could stop making the high-ups in my nation look cool, found an adventuring guild and go down into the Rimeveld caves to slay monsters and find cool unique items.

Loot itself is just so, so sparse. You will most likely never get a cool weapon unless you lootgremlin every single ST event for one (the cool weapons in ST events are usually hardlocked so only the main characters get them), or find a generous person who'll oocly throw something at you that's been sitting in their six doublechests of ST items. Like, no one got shit from that dragon event unless you were the main characters - which is odd considering that it was very much an Avengers Assemble level event that effected the entire continent. 

Like, magic is literally everywhere in LOTC. It's as normal to the average joe now as paying taxes, yet the really unique shit is so gate-kept as to not devalue the artifical ST item market. Even the most conservative fantasy RPG out there will throw you a firesword every once and awhile. 

You're probably one of the best positioned people on the server to write a feedback/ideas thread tbh, because you joined (relatively) recently but rose to the highest echelons of your nation on your first character, so it's still fresh in your memory what it's like to be both sides of the coin, a noob and a noob-wrangler.

I'd encourage you to make a thread about just that: what you liked and disliked when you joined, what kept you around in other words, and what helped you keep your recruits active and engaged once you rose up through the ranks. And whatever other thoughts and indeas you have, of course. It'll be by a balancing of the opinions of new players and the guys who RP with new players that we'll work out how to keep the former around as best we can.