THE PALATIAL POST: SEVENTH EDITION

Nolan_

THE PALATIAL POST

SEVENTH EDITION

RLKx2W00naTTNsZIp23pbHQY9MbGnmYp4wmoOUZWZA10GoxFKfKja4x5yJ0rCdg6q2sSNx73cu55PbAgcd50M-1f2HXqkuLWPGpBEu7nff81nAz3GMsixPvuTvF8iqCVL8VW5IQa

BAR MAAN OVARE SYR

Issued by the

LORD PALATINE

On this 10th day of Joma and Umund of 466 E.S.

Table of Contents

I. Chancellor’s Report

II. Important Announcements

III. Updates to the Aulic Government

IV. Updates to the Nobility

V. Updates to the Brotherhood

CHANCELLOR’S REPORT

Va Birodeo Herzenav ag Edlervik,

It is with great pleasure that I dress you all in the same manner the great Palatines of old did; with my own Chancellor’s Report. Regretfully I have put off writing this nearer the beginning of my tenure as your Lord Palatine due to the busy nature of the office I am privileged to hold. I wish to thank both the two previous holders of the Gold Bulava, the late Duchess Johanna Barclay and Prince Marius and I am happy to build upon the foundations they left.

At the same time I have been honoured to have been appointed your Patriarch of the Patriarchate of Jorenus by His Holiness Pontian IV at much the same time so may I serve not only as a man with powers secular but also to aid my nation as a man of the cloth and promote its necessary growth throughout our country. I intend to inform the Haeseni flock of the changes and ongoings of their Church throughout the Kingdom in timely updates, the first of which is to be expected imminently.

It is my intention that these Palatial Posts keep you, the people, informed of the goings on in your Kingdom but that the opening part, being my Chancellor’s Report, is informative of my and indeed the Aulic Council and governments plans for the future. We’ve an exciting time ahead with the forthcoming renovation of the Haeseni staple of the main square tavern to promote entertainment, merriment and trade once more. This goes in tandem with the Royal Treasurer’s stellar work on the economical and merchant reforms which will soon culminate in the official creation of the Merchants’ Guild. I believe this to wholeheartedly be better for the further prosperity of our Kingdom and its people.

Following His Majesty’s Aulic Court reforms, a much needed change, we are going to move forward with the long planned revisions on His Majesty’s Royal Duma to reinvigorate the chamber and the peers once more. Also to look onward to in the coming year or so is the state endorsed opening gala and fundraiser of the Georgian Museum of History and the clearing of the unsafe and treacherous forests around Dobrov. It is my solemn promise to you, the people, that we will rout out the plague that persists there and to aid in this and give us His blessing, His Majesty has permitted me to display in the Basilica of Saint Henrik a series of Holy Relics of the Sanctified ordinarily kept under the protection of the Royal Family. 

God is good and may He bless his Royal Majesty, King Georg and the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS

-OPENING OF THE GEORGIAN MUSEUM-

pWhOiayuSmvEkxYOSBtjZvXog_z2HUge7QkKIrS8hjidDKypyY_ZO1szGOQCNthBb9QZ-O0gQS6Gx9CBT9cTpejSH1l4LEr-ZwxREyhRw03Vd_ZiobWawB65I-auudpM1Bgr44EQe0PJn9uIyqF5ses

It is with high hopes and great expectations for the future that we are glad to announce the forthcoming opening of the Georgian Museum of Histories in place of the stagnant NGS building. Spearheaded by the Deputy Palatine Otto Gant, an opening fundraiser gala will be hosted and be an event no Haeseni in or around the Royal City of Karosgrad should miss.

In the meantime, any wishing to aid or get involved in the running of the museum or merely looking for employment as a historical enthusiast are encouraged to apply to the Deputy Palatine and the museum Chancery Councillors.

Spoiler

-PASSING OF MATRIARCH KATERINA-

ALYrDdCeWxeerwff8nK3JCDpWbYY0u0gRrskrK8_Wu-44PY2ut1jZGCS36KPbqtzsVrZivJZf9Jn5--4yLsubxAdCHK353c6Ts5RbnJVPFJ3a-JsOKIGodOTfyX1G-IIz1TcAHv-7GTGQiph3GJAn9o

We are sad to announce the passing of Matriarch Katerina at the age of 116 in 463 E.S. from natural causes. A state funeral service was held for the late Cardinal in the Basilica of Saint Henrik, officiated by His Holiness Pontian IV. Her Eminence’s warm personality, peaceable nature and virtuous life is an example to us all and path on which to follow. We pray she made it to the Seven Skies and knows that the entirety of Haense mourns the loss of one of its longest serving members of the clergy. I, Father Iosif, have been appointed as her replacement to be the next Patriarch of Jorenus.

HER ROYAL HIGHNESS

PRINZENAS KATERINA CECILIYA BARBANOV-BIHAR

Matriarch of Jorenus

Pontifical Chamberlain

347 E.S. - 463 E.S. | 1794 A.H. - 1910 A.H.

Spoiler

-FAILED PETRAN COUP AND ROYAL WEDDING-

m4ltIoPNbDHe04dWk3Ifp2Z8IASCrGKZkZmBa2O5pwTrJEJdjS0-naglsVzJ0tCVflfVAc1UaBoL37xuaGT_k_ijt_-SH-VMl6UiWCP92V9j3I_u2Ieibg6QdwKxqRx84plS533s5GCBImNQMQbKHL8

As the realm well knows, tensions arose in the nation of the Commonwealth of Petra on the Haeseni border over the adultery of the Petran head-of-state, Archduchess Renilde of Petra. Brought into the conflict not least because of Prince Marius’ part in the affair, some Haeseni were present in the fight against the short lived coup of the Archduke-Consort Constanz of Balian. It must be stressed that, while a sin had been committed, the false Archduke used it as a chance for opportunistic gain to try and usurp the title for himself in violation of God’s mandation despite having no dynastic claim and without any consultation with the Church. Indeed both Prince Marius and Archduchess Renilde have sought and been given their penances since. Following the meeting of the Petran armies, with Prince Marius and a small number of Haeseni warriors participating, the coup was quashed and the Archduchess Renilde returned to her rightful place. It is well reported that Prince Marius was a most capable fighter in the effort.

The ousted Prince Constanz then challenged our Prince Marius to an honour duel in the Karosgrad Trelka Arena and, after a few rounds and back and forth strikes, Prince Marius struck him down with a mortal blow to the neck that ended his life soon thereafter. Prince Marius was left severely injured but recovered in the following year and both him and the Archduchess accepted their penances. The two were wed on the shore of the River Petra in 464 E.S. in front of a congregation of friends, family and peoples. We wish the two a long and prosperous life together.

Spoiler

-WRIT OF SAFETY-

RLKx2W00naTTNsZIp23pbHQY9MbGnmYp4wmoOUZWZA10GoxFKfKja4x5yJ0rCdg6q2sSNx73cu55PbAgcd50M-1f2HXqkuLWPGpBEu7nff81nAz3GMsixPvuTvF8iqCVL8VW5IQa

A writ banning anyone not expressly permitted, such as the Knightly Orders and the Brotherhood, from entering the region of southern Haense known as Dobrov. These provisions are still in place but rest assured a plan has been formulated and the area will soon be cleansed so that the populace may safely travel through and settle there once again.

Spoiler

-PASSING OF PRINZEN SERGEI-

m4ltIoPNbDHe04dWk3Ifp2Z8IASCrGKZkZmBa2O5pwTrJEJdjS0-naglsVzJ0tCVflfVAc1UaBoL37xuaGT_k_ijt_-SH-VMl6UiWCP92V9j3I_u2Ieibg6QdwKxqRx84plS533s5GCBImNQMQbKHL8

Prince Sergei, Duke of the Rothswald and former Lord Marshal, has passed away at the age of 63 in 462 E.S. from natural causes and slipped away peacefully in his sleep. Known for his unwavering loyalty to his brother King Karl III and his nephew King Georg, it is the hope of all the Haeseni peoples that the Prince rests safely in the Seven Skies.

HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS

PRINZEN SERGEI ALEKSANDR BARBANOV-BIHAR

Herzen van ek Rothswald

XX Lord Marshal of Hanseti-Ruska

399 E.S. - 462 E.S. | 1846 A.H. - 1909 A.H.

Spoiler

UPDATES TO THE AULIC GOVERNMENT

-THE EDICT OF STAALGRAV-

d_0ykoNDj7mg-TtrZ4O863trLuVUOWdeh0KedhZQZ5naIEb578XXCoCqrMQPCKO38VyTctoExSXZF5zlEzHitlFwspRyYGDySoH2u4mUW1jua2Oc8KXy_IuGS05dsPc7SgsVdHezYjHG3HCZ8GEHFQc

An Edict issued by the King himself and one of his planned Aulic reforms. The Edict of Staalgrav changes the functioning of the Aulic Courts and dismissing of the High Justiciar position, with the responsibilities of prosecution falling to the Palatial Office and the right to judge guilt falling solely to the Jovenaars, chief of whom was the most senior member of the Courts Lady Adele Ludovar but replaced since by Firr Arthur Stafyr due to the Lady’s unfortunate passing. Investigation of crimes and gathering of evidence is now handled by the Brotherhood of Saint Karl and reports of crimes are to be directed exclusively to them.

Those wishing to pursue a life in the imminently growing and expanding judicial offices are encouraged to seek out Chief-Jovenaar Arthur Stafyr or Lord Palatine Iosif for training and employment as soon as possible.

Spoiler

-THE MERCHANTS’ GUILD BILL-

zsO07UB-v6z0QdvQyZghnRY7HaYnbN7DKhKgK88mvaYGPvWYqWBGb0jlHTZcek9oLs1sOhCCThqOBIO7iPtETanANMquSi6-BZ2R7zKySD6DZvSKofSCuHd6iQAEEUPUo7JJDRAHEi2qO3YMDfk9Yb0

Presented by His Excellency, Ser Vanhart, Royal Treasurer of Hanseti-Ruska in 465 E.S. during his summons to His Majesty’s Royal Duma that sought to radically change the trading rights and limitations on underhanded tactics employed to undermine fledgling businesses. Merchants, traders and those operating businesses will be required to join and adhere to this Merchants’ Guild and its rules. Members will be given a say over the way the guild functions.

The Bill was voted majority ‘Aye’ and given Royal Assent on the spot with the proactive Ser Vanhart going to begin implementing the clauses outlined very soon. New merchants are encouraged to seek out the Royal Treasurer even before it is beginning to be enforced as to encourage a smooth transition.

Spoiler

A copy of the Merchants' Guild Bill of 465 E.S. in enclosed herein.

-AGE OF LIABILITY-

Zi1gAVG-It07kivl_69-qssHFsy8S5yW1V49xj8DI_s2KM51iRsqJ5xG2dKv95SVQ7GfVWH3gudbI3uj05JO3kUTJMhL2n0F7ORUnKBa8MmLS6JtJg_fp2tae7UQtoMXW3TnUACQBQiGnjH6eUXI9oc

Presented by Lord Audo Weiss in 465 E.S. during the sitting of His Majesty’s Royal Duma to petition the chamber to decrease the age of liability, and thus capable of receiving legal punishments, from sixteen years of age to twelve years of age. Such came following the disruptive and vandalistic adolescents of the current generation, being a particularly large one after a boom following the relative peace of King Karl III’s reign. 

With multiple stories shared of their wilful disregard for the boundaries of what is acceptable of one their ages and repeatedly insulting the most noble houses in the Kingdom, the Bill was voted majority ‘Aye’ and given Royal Assent on the spot with the condition that the law now read “Let he is below the age of sixteen be judged and punished proportionally to his age.”

Spoiler

A copy of the Age of Liability Bill of 465 E.S. is enclosed herein.

-THE HEAD OF THE ROYAL MINT-

It is after a long tenure and most healthy balance in the Royal Treasury that Ser Maric Colborn has left the Office of the Treasury and we thank him for his many years of service. Since the former Viscount’s retirement, Ser Vanhart ‘the Flying Carrot’ Barclay né Alstreim, former Duke-Consort of Reinmar, has been appointed as the eleventh Royal Treasurer of Hanseti-Ruska. With a productive tenure already, Ser Vanhart aims to see the Haeseni economy flourish with the implementation of anti-vampyr countermeasures and the Merchants’ Guild as well as a series of further treasury edicts.

HIS EXCELLENCY

SER MARIC COLBORN

X Royal Treasurer of Hanseti-Ruska

U0jMc9fCnfPtuI_IcucsSsPhyuCMEC1QieqSK-gSsPFl3riNONt1LoFwfCbs3wB4Yhrj34_feffqTgTmYVQxRU4voEx8n6-X9-s6vK9gaJfZQirV6AJATj-biFGExvTDpekIJRZK3faBj5mpC5Nr1No

Succeeded by

P0Grhq9EFMLYPEu9ZlwrIFJa3sR1n0kVd1IHSgMlqBLlom7Q7to_CJvK-dOOP4FF98LbRbLrou9E3QCjFY6jgJx45TulEOrb1M4tVX-2vNFuIk4JDYkpIgp-1pJJP-8OtO712Zyt1DXktHG7WXJMsjo

HIS EXCELLENCY

SER VANHART BARCLAY né ALSTREIM

XI Royal Treasurer of Hanseti-Ruska

@Xarkly

-THE COMMAND OF THE HAESENI FORCES-

After a tenure of a good few years, the Lord Marshal Sviatoslav Godunov, Baron of Verskaya, resigned with the permission of His Majesty Georg to live well and spend the remainder of his life focussing on  the continued prosperity of his House. It is with a long history as an officer in the Brotherhood that King Georg did appoint Baron Felix Weiss to the office as the 22nd Lord Marshal of our realm. With impeccable work and gumption thus far, we are happy that Lord Felix’s tenure continues.

HIS EXCELLENCY

BARON SVIATOSLAV GODUNOV

XXI Lord Marshal of Hanseti-Ruska

UOITfHCe3ZS1y8X1h3OQ_cgZXXvAZUpjl2FsEwIZvqbiNfpmZbpMJ18HAkFZMcOyS0bhMc849cTTPAwuGWkQ7POgTz07jAMqVSQeStrcegmjosIr-_mkc6j3OYu2-yvG-5V5M6G5aPCY2gxqZeZs7MU

Succeeded by

IBYKIUj_J9TT6iG5eX9-dFhJGS_FUjEWb53cuKmDq2AXrASgtnbsT0DTjF4ruBPgB1Os5EyXym8KwGAVjFJVlT2dKsH7x8HptX-omqcKuEQ3Qw4gMGW-Z3Q2WTRXR5BJ2jsIZ3g8c05uA9aiUZa7G3BanhShx2VVNEcjh4nCfYJruZIManASxnyATy7OSA

HIS EXCELLENCY

LORD FELIX WEISS

XXII Lord Marshal of Hanseti-Ruska

@SethWolf

-THE LEGISLATIVE MODERATOR-

Moving on from his role as Lord Speaker, Lord Felix Weiss was considered more suited to the role of Lord Marshal and thus the next obvious choice was his capable and noble Lord Handler, Duke Wilheim Barclay. An innovative thinker with a mind for our necessary traditions, Duke Wilheim with work in tandem with the Lord Palatine and His Majesty himself to better the Royal Duma during his tenure.

HIS EXCELLENCY

LORD FELIX WEISS

XV Lord Speaker of His Majesty’s Royal Duma

IBYKIUj_J9TT6iG5eX9-dFhJGS_FUjEWb53cuKmDq2AXrASgtnbsT0DTjF4ruBPgB1Os5EyXym8KwGAVjFJVlT2dKsH7x8HptX-omqcKuEQ3Qw4gMGW-Z3Q2WTRXR5BJ2jsIZ3g8c05uA9aiUZa7G3BanhShx2VVNEcjh4nCfYJruZIManASxnyATy7OSA

Succeeded by

ryDGHas_fvvV2bpXWbpY59nuLCRQqORLPOM9T-vgjlsG5okS77xxrNT8Cecs8UHSCMLnNLcnNxxOfrGyJhxFEcPBlPz_t4TvFD2-rS888JJnOG3Zmjbpob0qfRLIL-qqfqjZzqkicB04jSySe_VESno

HIS EXCELLENCY

DUKE WILHEIM BARCLAY

XVI Lord Speaker of His Majesty’s Royal Duma

@Fionn__TWG

-THE CATS IN THE CRADLE EDICT-

An edict penned and authorised in 462 E.S. by the Lord Palatine in accordance with the wishes of the Crown to enact two necessary changes to specify newly made properties of the Crown and further regulations on the right to ownership of both commercial and residential properties in the Royal City of Karosgrad. Since its decree, it is now illegal to harm or steal an Queen Amadean Wildcat from the Queen’s Wood and unmarked crows, as a symbol of the Kingdom, in Haeseni territory. Furthermore, ownership of residential buildings, coined as mansions, have been limited in number per person and notable family as well as the right to continue owning a commercial property that is not providing a necessary amount of goods or services. Merchants and traders have a total of two years to have their wares on show and buildings renovated before eviction.

Spoiler

UPDATES TO THE NOBILITY

-PASSING OF THE FORMER COUNTESS-

WPfyDqULvgTbE_1KKqsKDXSA4eJt2mnp7S-VTaB5YBDW-i0Hw-a3Ber1Qu4u53GUQkEabFer30c8sJI9NRFxfMf_l6hNiRx4uxPHmMcfsE7eA7zIdfXsrrDbVbkoZ_jEmq18ab4U6TUfWANZzeJFjA4

Word from the County of Otistadt has confirmed that the former Countess and High Justiciar, Lady Adele Ludovar, has passed away at the age of 67 in 466 E.S. of natural causes. The County of Otistadt and the whole of Haense mourn the loss of the late Countess and pray for her safe arrival in the heavens alongside her husband and son.

THE RIGHT HONOURABLE

LADY ADELE EMMA LUDOVAR

Komitas van Otistadt

XII High Justiciar of Hanseti-Ruska

399 E.S. - 466 E.S. | 1846 A.H. - 1913 A.H.

Spoiler

-WEISS ABDICATION-

UrYXADPKobvHmmg3Nh0UxgfuhhYZHzB7GaS-ul7zgbn4DAlX0MezScnrYL7M1edSNCr1HVz48mFTXDnPkrtXkpQDqfHFjO-8aXNWqEvKqpYsUNdsOqg1V7n2ZOeLNsH00FTeUj6vFhYSq31pHQyRjXg

Following the marriage of his son and heir, the Viscount of Novkursain has issued his ‘Letter of Abdication’ in 466 E.S. which details the ceding of his titles to his legitimate heir Audo Weiss. We wish The Honourable Lord Audo Weiss, 2nd Viscount of Novkursain, luck in his new role as a Haeseni peer and head of the noble House of Weiss.

Spoiler

-DEATH OF THE VICEROY-EMERITUS-

qHIexvkvzAFJur0j_HPjLbAY_kN5tE3dw47JmbNi_bQykgnS1PBxh4f2YQlHVmOzwJH4ioY9hZx0WecX0AwG2G6nDdl4R0z9j_ExEWKUMrXxqFztSjSE_D-Kjz8UOgduoVqBNKrSx929T4zQRJZ3M4E

It is with sad tidings that we inform the Haeseni people of the untimely death of the Viceroy-Emeritus of Hyspia at the hands of an unknown assailant. Prince Cesar de Pelear was the first of the Haeseni Hyspian vassals and was an ardent and competent ruler of the Silver Isles. His loss will be felt throughout the Kingdom and by his most caring Canonist family with whom our sympathies lie. Prince Cesar abdicated his titles in 464 E.S. to his son and heir Crown-Prince Francisco whose investiture ceremony is imminent. God rest Prince Cesar de Pelear’s soul.

HIS HIGHNESS

PRINCE CESAR I DE PELEAR

Viceroy of Hyspia

407 E.S. - 465 E.S. | 1854 A.H. - 1912 A.H.

Spoiler

-A COLBORN PASSING AND SUCCESSION-

Vp9aydVeMIGv6cniea9uZmU5WXzv9w-xsamgR1_6TwfSQmHKCEZZejQ4IfNPiGkbkaNw6nlPSKkl4Whpoi1y_bPrGoB6Dop7AXhkGDvdL58LG6Wm4hE7MxstFktIxnDGa-3Z6tRONfNxChurRKyocM8

The noble House of Colborn has had the great misfortune of seeing their Viscountess perish at the hands of presumably dark spawn inside the malignant forests of Dobrov which in turn prompted the Writ of Safety of 462 E.S. and in retribution the dark forces will be routed out. The Viscounty of Venzia has passed to Lady Ada’s cousin, the Honourable Lord Baldrum Colborn, 3rd Viscount of Venzia. It has also been announced from the Colborn lands that the new Viscount has selected Lord Carolus Colborn as his legitimate and recognised heir.

THE HONOURABLE

LADY ADA NATALYA COLBORN

Zweinkomitas van Venzia

Crow Knight

Spoiler

IV JOVEO MAAN

His Excellency, Patriarch Iosif, Lord Palatine of Hanseti-Ruska and Cardinal Jorenus

Gf_ukEB2SdUQqwUYdaMBdEpFbOfGWJkCgnONFreYmNV5BOTbLLqCqUbk12J8tPdm-fnr2yYbgI7-1pLNYCq2JQZ7kfjp0lYDZKXY3X_KYNXiZCH861SgMQVH1BAzYnDQq6BdLrXUrbL6VAnHPEHegno