[Your View] The Mina Economy

Llir

Do you think there should be a way other than voting to earn mina?  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there should be a way other than voting to earn mina?

• Yes
    • No

Kind of a minor thing but something I always thought could help is to get rid of the potato spam & add the old food expiration so there is a reason to hire jobs for farming and tavern work.

I actually really liked that system where you could complete missions for NPCs that required travelling certain distances to deliver things like potions. You used to be able to buy potions from an NPC at spawn and deliver them to another NPC at Elvenesse, who would buy them for slightly more, thereby allowing for people to get big llama caravans going on. You could do that, but on a more progressive scale where you’d be able to use the money you got from that to enter a market system that requires a lot of money to start off with, but with larger profit margins for your efforts. But, also a cool down system that basically prevents you from being able to make too much too quickly, and perhaps occasional changes to profit margins over time with each of the different NPC missions/trades, which can change how much money people can make and encourage player-player purchasing, perhaps.

Making mina anything more than a backdrop will simply take away from the fun of the server in my opinion. Adding more ways to get it and optional avenues to spend it are fun, but "inflation" and "the economy" will never matter. Don't make people worry about their block game wallets please!

11 minutes ago, Lmcfc said:

i find hard way to make mina now since auction house was removed! T-T it sucks!!

Player shop ?
Just wander around and offer to sell stuff to people? Like, you're on enough and you play in Haense and other places too iirc, there's no shortage of people around. Make irp deals w people, other sellers, etc.

There's no shortage of demand, but now the AH is gone you actually have to RP :)

Make NPCs which allow for us to sell general use items Ex. Ores, food, equipment, etc.

22 minutes ago, Benleft said:

Making mina anything more than a backdrop will simply take away from the fun of the server in my opinion. Adding more ways to get it and optional avenues to spend it are fun, but "inflation" and "the economy" will never matter. Don't make people worry about their block game wallets please!

i agree world of warcraft vending my items to a villager without contributing to rp or trading to see a funny number go up is an idea-obsessed waste of time 

people will buy and sell as they need what they need, overcomplicating it is unnecessary 

i think adding on more options and choices on how to gain/lose minas is preferable, because by concept inflation always exists in LOTC with even only the voting system, it's just matter of time and the prizes that are offered. i'm all in for as much more ways to gain minas, and vice versa to use them for new mechanics. 

45 minutes ago, Orlanth said:

I believe there also needs to be more ways of spending money for the average player as well, as for the most part the biggest money sinks are currently only for nations. 

rare orlanth W

there's really no reason to save mina atm bc there's nothing to spend them on other than nations and settlements. but incentive to collect mina shouldn't be hamfisted through pointless mechanics, instead people should be given more avenues of RP that would allow for economy-based RP and should be navigated in a way that doesn't give people massive ******* headaches and prevent people fron RPing if they dont want to constantly grind for mina

22 minutes ago, squakhawk said:

i agree world of warcraft vending my items to a villager without contributing to rp or trading to see a funny number go up is an idea-obsessed waste of time 

people will buy and sell as they need what they need, overcomplicating it is unnecessary 

my biggest concern with the lotc economy atm doesn't have much to do with how you get minas but rather how it is spent.

on Almaris minas has mostly been useful for nation/settlement leadership with everyone else having few to no ways to invest their minas that provide long-term yield.

Buying tiles? Nation leadership stuff

Tile improvements? that was all nation and settlement leadership stuff

Pastes? All leadership

Warfare costs? That is also all leadership oriented for obvious reasons.

Thus we have the strange meta where players give 100% of their minas to their nations treasury in the form of bank tokens because said treasuries are the only place where minas is A: not taxed at 1% a week and B: can actually be used on useful things.

The more you think about it, the more stupid it is. It's weird that everyone gives their nations free zero percent interest loans. Ideally your typical player spends their minas on investments and things for themselves, and if they want to maximise their minas earning they spend their minas on things that return them more minas in the future instead of putting it in a nation treasury.

in other words I also agree with @Orlanth we need more things your average, casual LOTCer can spend minas on.

people should be able to put up quests on nation notice boards "i need twenty seven pieces of dark oak wood for xyz" and people should be able to take them, deliver them and have it all b automated... questgiver but the PLAYER is the questgiver + it'd be localised, so each quest for elvenesse/celianor/haense would be for different players

1 hour ago, christman said:

people should be able to put up quests on nation notice boards "i need twenty seven pieces of dark oak wood for xyz" and people should be able to take them, deliver them and have it all b automated... questgiver but the PLAYER is the questgiver + it'd be localised, so each quest for elvenesse/celianor/haense would be for different players

goodguymatt did smthn like that in Haense ages ago, long dead though, and it was over a discord channel, but people could ask for stuff and people could take the contract and give the stuff in return for mina or whatever else.

3 minutes ago, Borin said:

goodguymatt did smthn like that in Haense ages ago, long dead though, and it was over a discord channel, but people could ask for stuff and people could take the contract and give the staff in return for mina or whatever else.

i think its a cool system, but it requires two players to be online.. it should be able to be automated (maybe akin 2 a shop, or like u right click a sign n get an inventory idk) so people can just rise and grind