food decay?

Mio

food decay?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. food decay?

(sent on iphone)

this post is not endorsed by the map development team.

with this and the discussion ppl were having about mechanic buffs based on magic/race/etc, let's (unironically) bring back the cool pluggins we had a few maps ago

Please no not my taters anything but

Food rotting was probably around top 3 of the most annoying part of nexus. Logging back in with all your food rotten because you don't have time to login every day was horrible.

We shouldn't be punishing players that don't no life the server like some of us do.

Instead of food decay, could we not limit how much food is generated by the crops/animals?

depexed (evil) mio

I would have 2 conditions to add to this:

1. Have food that is signed not expire

2. Have food that is Signed not replenish Hunger.

That way people can have their fancy RP food/hunt materials/trophies as they like but in terms of staying nourished they still need to have a steady supply of normal consumables on hand. 

1 hour ago, DahStalker said:

everyone who said yes never had to tolerate the food decay plug-in lmao

True for me. I don’t have personal experience. Would there be a way to do a trial at the beginning of the next map? Say for a month or two and have a vote at the end to decide whether to keep it?

20 minutes ago, Mannamannaa said:

I would have 2 conditions to add to this:

1. Have food that is signed not expire

2. Have food that is Signed not replenish Hunger.

That way people can have their fancy RP food/hunt materials/trophies as they like but in terms of staying nourished they still need to have a steady supply of normal consumables on hand. 

I think this is an excellent suggestion!

food decay wouldn't even help farmers b/c it's very easy to store food as blocks of hay (which obviously won't decay) and only craft the bread when you need it.

better idea is to make farming productivity the same as vanilla and not let people farm the fields of nations they don't even live near with infinite durability /edit roleplay hoes b/c that is absolutely broken and has ruined all farm economy.

44 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

better idea is to make farming productivity the same as vanilla and not let people farm the fields of nations they don't even live near with infinite durability /edit roleplay hoes b/c that is absolutely broken and has ruined all farm economy.

This is a thing?!?

Onw to harvest HNors wheat that they haven't harvested since they got evicted

50 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

food decay wouldn't even help farmers b/c it's very easy to store food as blocks of hay (which obviously won't decay) and only craft the bread when you need it.

I didn’t know that was a thing. I’ve been burning through iron harvesting all my crops. 

making food decay because ppl i guess think there's too much food (?) is a waste of server resources in basically every sense. it's a waste of our tech team's resources fixing a problem that doesn't really affect (or arguably benefits) the average roleplayer. it's a waste of our server's computational resources on a plugin that periodically has to update the contents of chests/player inventories. it makes the literal resources in the game go to waste and forces players to find a way to dispose of them. real heads remember the chests full of rotten Nexus food and the laggy composters. lol

3 hours ago, DahStalker said:

everyone who said yes never had to tolerate the food decay plug-in lmao

if it were me i would focus on adding fun stuff to do with the food surplus (like a cooking plugin!) and maybe add food decay as an afterthought to that