The Last Wishes of a Dying Serpent

jkHdalduS1_0ie4EYjvq5r5ukbCxYKdz8ab58g7Gp8whL2wvLO6AvSW25Vchv1ZloNNrL5WMLb9xakQlPGMTbZBLLHTZJ-yTY2W538fORp2ZOBE82HxheA_eYDUmpJrzeYE24sDyhjxbg3tvvJrJRp4

๐•ฌ ๐•น๐–Š๐–œ ๐•ฐ๐–—๐–† ๐–‹๐–”๐–— ๐•ฌ๐–™๐–๐–—๐–Žโœ๐–”๐–“๐–“
ย 

Issued on, Year 117 of the Second Age

ย 

ย 

๐•ด๐–“๐–™๐–—๐–”๐–‰๐–š๐–ˆ๐–™๐–Ž๐–”๐–“:ย 

ย 

To those whom it may concern, to the nation we once pledged our loyalty to, and to those of our kin who wander the realm- If you are reading any part of this letter then it means that I have passed on from this corrupted and tinted land we called โ€˜homeโ€™. I am no longer living and all of my wishes are to come true in the near future. I write in the hope that this document finds you all in the best health and that it may give you all some insight as for what the future may hold. To my Kin- May our Ancestors and may the Serpent guide you along this perilous journey we call โ€˜lifeโ€™. Good luck and farewell to you all.ย 

ย 

ย 

๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ฎ๐–๐–Ž๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–—๐–•๐–Š๐–“๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–”๐–™๐–๐–Š๐–—:

ย 

It saddens my heart to announce that my son who I named as my successor all those years ago has now declared that he would be stepping down from the position of Serpent Father immediately. He has come to this decision because he believes it would be best for the entire family. With that being said, we now recognize August Clark Athriโ€™onn as an Elder Serpent for our people. I shall also formally proclaim that only daughters of my blood are to be the leaders of our great house. This is something I believe to be essential for our familyโ€™s as we followed such a tradition in the days of old and it has yet to fail us. Furthermore, I would like to now close this section by naming my youngest daughter, Freya Tanarya Anarion-Athriโ€™onn as the new successor of our family and Serpent Mother. May her blood protect her and guide her upon the right path.ย 

ย 

ย 

๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–“๐–ˆ๐–Ž๐–‘ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ฐ๐–‘๐–‰๐–Š๐–—๐–˜:

ย 

In past years the Elders of our family have been rather quiet and were not put to good use. I seek to change that with introducing a new concept to the family as it will make things easier. The council of Elders will now be functioning as a regency council temporarily as my daughter grows in age. The Elders will guide her decisions and prepare her for the world she is to enter. Additionally, once Freya reaches the age of twenty five, she will be granted full sovereignty over the family as the regency council will no longer be needed and thus revert it back to its original purpose as more so advisors.ย 

ย 

ย 

๐•บ๐–š๐–— ๐•พ๐–™๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–Ž๐–“ ๐•ฎ๐–Š๐–‘๐–Ž๐–†โœ๐–“๐–”๐–—:

ย 

As I have come to announce these changes that have begun to take place now that I am dead I believe I have yet one last thing to address. I have come to an agreement with the Serpent Elders and we do believe it is for the best that we step down from the nobility of Celiaโ€™nor effectively. Even though we contributed to the very founding of the nation and continued to reside within those lands for countless years, we now have fallen inactive and no longer have the ability to contribute. We also believe that it would do our family good to work on ourselves away from the responsibilities that comes with being nobility in the nation. We have the best intentions for both my family and the great nation that we wereย once a part of. ~The Mother, Renaeย 

ย 

Original Document by our Mother, Renae - Revised by the Serpent Elders

Signed,

The Mother, Renae Athriโ€™onn

ย 

Lord August Clark Athriโ€™onn, Serpent Elderย 

"Why? Why does this feeling linger?"

ย 

Queried a serpent to no one other than himself

ย 

"This... emptiness won't seem to leave."

ย 

"I've read this over, watched it revised and still... why?"

ย 

"Is it because she was my only 'parent'?"

ย 

As water glazed the serpent's vision theย missive was placed to the side, left amongst others to collect dust.

ย 

"I hated her for a time"

ย 

"But Iย just can't help but wonder..."

ย 

"Was she ever proud of me?"

ย 

Another inquiry to never be answered, one to haunt his mind for the rest of his days.

Edited by Air