"HERZOG, WHERE ARE YOU?" [PK]

A young Raevir lord looked to the setting sun upon hearing the news "Era has ended, da. Leon was only Waldenian who truly earned my respect, rare amongst our folk. May he find peace with GODAN."  @GoodGuyMatt

Yvian's hammer rang silent and as did his duties for the day, on pause. He was in deep contemplation, of sorrow and of mourning. It was under Leon's reign that he was welcomed in Minitz, armed and armoured and sworn to protect. His death, sudden and unpredicted a dastardly and wicked plot.

The Minitzer stood on his knees before the alter, hands clasped together, he prayed for the safe passage of the Duke to the skies above, signing the lorraine he stands.

"As is our motto. Wer Rastet, Der Rostet."

"May GOTT watch over you,  Leon..."

“Its been a while cousin.. how was vyr life aye? Dobre ea hope…” Johanna Josefina Ludovar said to her cousin in the seven skys with a smile welcoming her cousin. “Ea remember when vy couldnt speak common at all” she chuckled

Edited by Lmcfc

Prince James personally lit the eternal candle afforded to the Duke-Emeritus by his rank as a Knight-Immortal, mourning the passing of a man who had been one of the few living to deserve such a title, and one who was now worthy of enlisting in the company of its fallen holders in perpetuity.

"God rest you, Sir Leon - and thank you for everything you've done for us."

On 3/14/2022 at 12:58 AM, GoodGuyMatt said:

Leon Barclay would be playing with his knight toys inside his room as he heard of the Prince Johann's return. He smiled somewhat as he kept enjoying his entertainment, picking up the figurine of the Marshal as he enjoyed his playtime "Uncle Johann is coming back!" he celebrated in Waldenian "I hope he has good stories to tell me!"

If Leon Barclay has a million fans I am one of them. If Leon Barclay has ten fans I am one of them. If Leon Barclay has no fans, that means I am no more on the earth.

If the World is against Leon Barclay, I am against the World. I love Leon Barclay till my last breath.

Jan Jazloviecki sighed, remembering how he found Leon's dead body on the road. He recalled all deeds of Leon - the good and the bad "You fought against my father in the Harvest Revolution, but later you have been one of the few to welcome me and my kinsmen back to the Heartlands with open arms. I will probably never understand where did that sudden change of attitude come from but it does not matter on this day. You were a hero. A hero who saved Prince Henry's life. I will personally make sure Aaun will never forget that. Wherever you are right now Herzog Leon, I hope you have found peace." He said to himself before walking to the Merryweather chapel in order to pray

He fell

The boy woke up. He breathed heavily, covered in sweat and tears. Or were they tears? No, they couldn't be. He shouldn't cry - no, he couldn't cry. He was a Prince - a King, one day. Tears were for the weak and he had been weak, oh so, so weak.

He rose, the candlelight casting a mighty shadow on the armor of Prince Leopold, but the boy was not mighty. He had failed, or had he? They had told him he hadn't, that it was not his fault, but the boy knew they were lying. Someone - no not just someone, his friend had died for him, and he didin't do anything. Not when they had first attacked, not when he could've turned back, not when the Warsovian party went to avenge Leon. The boy had frozen, unable to move or think, unable to act. He couldn't do that again, that was weak. And he couldn't allow himself to be weak.

Henry Charles, Crown Prince of Aaun stared at the mirror, and saw nothing else but the lifeless, joyless eyes of a failed King staring back.

After a hour, or two, or three, he fell back asleep.

And began falling again.

Edited by Frymark

Luisa Klaire held an arm out to the Barclay as he joined his kin in the Seven Skies,

"I believe that you have made us very proud, liebchen. . . And now you have time to rest without rust."

Sir Ludolf Barclay bowed his head as the news came to him. He’d sign the Lorraine and make sure to tell his descendants the story of Herzog Leon.

"Now you lay down to rest, thy struggle has now come to end." A black-clad figure lamented, looming over the memorial after the congregation settled down.
"Harvest Lord exanima."
He left, leaving a black tulip in his wake.

Anton bowed his head, remembering the man who had welcomed him into the Miniz family when he had none of his own. “Fair well beloved Hertzog. I hope to see you in the Seven Skies.”

Manfred Barclay prayed for the soul of his fallen kinsman, fondly remembering the few personal encounters he had with the man he considered a true hero.

"Gott hab ihn selig." 

Siegfried Barclay was amongst the first who saw Leon's bloodied horse reach Neu Brandthof. Without his brother atop it, he understood the graveness of the situation. He gritted his teeth, and let out a huff, awaiting for the body to be delivered "Say hello to Vater for me."

He then left to find a private place with tears falling from his eyes.