Declaration of Support

*The note would be posted publicly*

Read below my declaration of support for the cause of Gwendel Vilac, who is to be tried for the murder of Taft Barclay.

I state publicly and with God as my witness that I, Leonid Martius Vilac, pledge the full extent of my ability, and that of my family, to supporting the family of Gwendel Vilac. It has become my conviction to see that Gwendel Vilac be absolved of the crimes which he has been charged with, and allowed to continue to live in the realms of man under God without being constantly hounded as he exists at present. It is through peaceable means that I wish to see that where a man has lost his life true justice is fulfilled, rather than the hazed desire for death which otherwise clouds the judgement of the good and honorable men of the realms. I declare my support of the truth which is held by the family of the accused Gwendel Vilac, that Antonius Vilac acted alone in the murder of Taft Barclay, Gwendel Vilac wounded and unable to have committed the act, rather guilty of witnessing the murder and failing to report it, out of true care for his beloved brother. It is evident that justice was done when Antonius Vilac died for the act which he committed, beheaded and placed upon a wooden stake before the Duchy of Minitz, as God set forth for him. This being laid clear I state that to seek the death of Gwendel Vilac is not truth nor justice, in this time where man is so divided, it must be the task of thee to be forgiving, to be as people of God, and with justice which has been enacted to bury the hatchet, lest divided we allow cracks to creep through the land, and Ibleesic thoughts to seep forth into man's minds.

Toward the powers that be, who shall trial Gwendel Vilac, let it be known that I, Leonid Martius Vilac, am an absolute defendant of his innocence, which I shall endure to see recognized at a peaceable end.

May we see justice be true,

Leonid Vilac

eA5THDd.png.905739de9a731bc3ba298c8604577934.png.d42d26ac8db9518ba6dd72c397fa7647.png.3a460830bd78cb922385cc6701a1e90b.png

Edited by Charlemagne.

The wife of Gwendel felt ease in her heart for the first time in awhile, even momentarily as she read the declaration. "May GOD show mercy towards my family" she muttered a quick prayer before signing the lorraine.

A certain grey orc reads over the declaration with interest, despite the rattling coughs echoing thoughout his tower. Perhaps this might need some research when he recovers. Even an interview?

[This may be mentioned in a later Kaktuz Weekli... When the skygod gets better.]

Constantine Vilac looked over the missive with understanding and respect.

"My peaceful father wishes to bring peace pon the realms, and see justice done, let's hope he is replied with the same coin."

Sir Gwendel "the innocent" Vilac had moved from his hideout to another! reading over the public missive he had picked upon the road a smile formed across his face.. a sense of ease and hopes for GOD's justice and a end to the conflict that had hunted him for closer to a decade filling him.

Yvian blinked as he read the missive, then clenching it tightly "Its Teft, not Taft... ploughin whoresons, may GOTT strike ze lot of you." the ritter then threw the parchment into the fire, the words of folly serving as rather good kindling for the flames. "Matters not ist es be one, or ein whole battalion of you, you all will be on pikes."

"Wer Rastet, Der Rostet..."

he'd finally comment before going to return to his duties.

Brandt Barclay, the Duke of Minitz and the closest kinsman of the now-deceased Teft Barclay reads over the missile, making a 'tut' sound with his teeth as he read through the lines. "All criminals are made from the same mould. If I went up and murdered his brother, and had all my kinsmen write essays about innocence, I wonder if this man would react the same way that he wants me to react; do nothing while my kinsmen are being butchered. Let this be known; May the Church give Gwendel Vilac mercy, for Minitz has none to give. No matter how many of you write falsified reports of support, the very fact that you lot write support letters for a clearly guilty man goes to show how much you lack in moral fibre and character, that you would knowingly, and blindly defend the perpetrator instead of the victims and the objective truth. I know the Church of Canon, when overseeing these trials will see justice."

Casimir Marius Vilac read the missive nodding in approval of his kin's words. "The time has come for that bastard-filled family to end their trivial hunt for my pater." The heir of House Vilac spoke to himself setting down the missive on a table as he returned to his dragon-crested swords. "The nation of Minitz is a blood thirsty nation led by a war mongering family. If they want for blood, I will give them blood."