[✗] [Addition] Kani: Let me carry Minas

ronin_champloo

Mina is OK I think, stowed weapons not really because then they can just unstow them. 3 is too high, 2 slots seems fair.

16 hours ago, wowj said:

Cause Metal messes with the Resonance frequency and having it on you is like putting an emp near your electronics.

What wowj said here, if kani can all the sudden carry stuff that’s like an EMP to their abilities then any mage, spellsword with enchantments, etc should be able to carry a thannic weapon while still being able to cast.

As for mina as it’s own thing, either have a redline for mina only to avoid loopholes or rp being poor

Just got back home so I'll be able to respond to claims and words.

For the argument that letting Kani users have stowed away weaponry is min-max, it really isn't. If this is passed, they can't use Kani combatively if it's actively wielded.

For what happened, originally large amounts of metal stopped Resonance from occurring, and old Oscillits such as Phil wore gambeson and used Kani with steel weaponry. The change that was placed contradicts old lore, and is seen as an overreaction to a rather simple issue. I'm rather confused with the claim since the majority of the playerbase stacks and actively uses ST materials for CRP, this only allows an Oscillit to have it on their person and still be able to cast.

As for the EMP near Electronics argument, that doesn't make sense either. Think of Resonance as heat. Covering a potato with tinfoil traps the heat inside. Placing tinfoil next to the potato doesn't stop the heat from escaping at all.

The Thanhium Argument is a heavy over exaggeration, as it's rather dangerous -- able to deter a Mage or CA from using their magical abilities for an entire CRP encounter. Letting an Oscillit carry weaponry on their person is not equal to allowing a Mage to cast with Thanhium.

If there's a problem with players carrying ST materials on their person, then apply a weight limit to all players. If there's a problem with enchantments, then apply an enchantment limit. If there's a problem with Alchemy, then apply a limit of how many potions that a person has on their person -- Limit + Nerf Tawkin Mutations, perhaps as well.

This change doesn't allow an Oscillit to cast with metal on their hands, or even apply abilities on weaponry such as spears and swords. It just gives the ability to carry it on our person. It doesn't allow us to have Animii or Atronach limbs (Orc Strength BTW), etc.

If they unstow their weaponry WHILE connected, to reconnect, they must first do an emote to place it away, and then have to do [3] emotes amidst active CRP to connect once more. That's [4] emotes.

Following what Morhaund said, though, I do find that reasonable as more dense materials such as Pure-Carbarum or High-Density Boomsteel would be too thick, perhaps.

As for that, though, I'd like to see more people's ideas concerning the slot suggestion that I had.

BUY YOUR BAGELS USING WOODEN YEN COINS AND POLKA DOTS

14 hours ago, creamynoteblock said:

im going to use this to carry pvp gear. i will also use it to carry minas

you're mostly concerned about kani users carrying around ST metal weapons, which can easily be done already by stacking another magic and using that to summon/banish weapons. i dont see a problem with this considering it already happens

not for long

I’m going to expand my point a little more.

Kani makes it so you can fight pretty damn excellent with your fists. It should be a trade off as opposed to a straight up buff- that’s something that LOTC likes to stick too. Currently Kani is a bit too much of a straight-up buff and banning holding metal weapons fits with the theme.

However, mina is more just a technicality. I think mina is so small and insignificant that making people not able to carry food cash is just kindof annoying- if Kani had some sort of plugin that made it IC more valuable to have it instead of mina sure.

I guess the same can be said of weapons because sometimes you’ll get into pvp.

really like 99% of all balance issues could be fixed with a simple magic plugin.

6 hours ago, Slorbin said:

I’m going to expand my point a little more.

Kani makes it so you can fight pretty damn excellent with your fists. It should be a trade off as opposed to a straight up buff- that’s something that LOTC likes to stick too. Currently Kani is a bit too much of a straight-up buff and banning holding metal weapons fits with the theme.

However, mina is more just a technicality. I think mina is so small and insignificant that making people not able to carry food cash is just kindof annoying- if Kani had some sort of plugin that made it IC more valuable to have it instead of mina sure.

I guess the same can be said of weapons because sometimes you’ll get into pvp.

really like 99% of all balance issues could be fixed with a simple magic plugin.

Thank you for the feedback and points!

If I may interject though, I'd like to explain some misconceptions with Kani. One, we have to do [3] emotes to do anything while being unable to wear armor.

I wouldn't say it's a Buff since we currently aren't able to wear any armor at all, or even use weaponry. We're locked to wood. I just wanted this to be a quality of life change that allows us to carry around stuff -- we can't use this stuff in CRP with Kani, by the way -- without being punished for it.

It's not allowing them to cast Kani with metal weaponry in their other hand. It's allowing them to cast with it sheathed away or something.

EDIT:

I was wondering about this, having been recommended it by a friend. But what if it took [1] extra emote to connect in exchange for having stowed away steel weaponry?

late to the party but i would like to say that everyone pushing the notion that metal emps resonance is unironically [redacted] and hasn't read the lore lol, stop putting out such adamant opinions about things u don't understand please

it never has worked that way, never should, and the reasons why are pretty obvious

read:

Spoiler

It’s important to note that an Oscillit’s Resonance has range, though it’s very difficult to give exact numbers considering the myriad of materials and elements in the world with varying solidity and toughness, along with the flexible nature of the art. The manipulative range of water would be roughly six meters, whereas the manipulative range of hard solids tends to be a few millimetres.

Large amounts of heavy solid armour inhibit resonance by being both a non-receptive material and increasing the complexity through which the Resonance frequency must travel through. The interference of strong solids vastly cuts down upon potency and range of Resonance while also cutting into the control the Oscillit has as the common shapes of armour begin to distort frequency.

Light gear and non-solids provide less interference than heavy solids. With varying levels of rigidity and density will have various levels of interference but in simplicity, less direct protection means less interference.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.