[✗] [Addition] Kani: Let me carry Minas

ronin_champloo

KANI ADDITION

Persistence with Mana

Amend:

Kani takes [2] slots.

REASON: The versatility of Kani has led me to suggesting this, after RPing it for a few months.

Persistence with Mana

Add:

Persistence with Mana can only affect one spell per use of the effect.

Persistence with Mana has a range of [6] blocks.

- Only affects all projectile, tether and area of effect spells. Spells that leave a lasting effect, such as Fire-Swords aren't able to be canceled out by this.

REASON: Lowering this to match the range of Resonance and for Balance.

Continuous Resonance

Remove: Feat app requirement because LT passed it without enforcing it at all. It was an oversight.

REASON: Clarification.

The Resonance Anomaly

Add:

- In accordance with CRP rules, inciting Resonance (Connection) does not impede one's movement, nor is it hampered by moving at speeds exceeding the running standard, however a character cannot incite or upkeep resonant effects of the aggressive frequencies whilst sprinting. The incitement of passive resonant frequencies is never impeded by movement and neither resonant frequencies are affected by riding a mount at any speed.

REASON: Clarification.

Armors and Weaponry

Add: 

- Stowed away metal equipment; such as Minas, Weaponry, Necklaces, etc.. do not impede the flow of Resonance. However High-Density materials such as Pure-Carbarum, and High-Density Boomsteel would be too much for the Oscillit.

REASON: The insulated metal explanation since it doesn't make any sense given the nature of resonance and it's pre-existing interaction with metals, metal shouldn't just EMP resonance, what I'm proposing here is a compromise instead of the change that was done.

Spoiler

It’s important to note that an Oscillit’s Resonance has range, though it’s very difficult to give exact numbers considering the myriad of materials and elements in the world with varying solidity and toughness, along with the flexible nature of the art. The manipulative range of water would be roughly six meters, whereas the manipulative range of hard solids tends to be a few millimetres.

Large amounts of heavy solid armour inhibit resonance by being both a non-receptive material and increasing the complexity through which the Resonance frequency must travel through. The interference of strong solids vastly cuts down upon potency and range of Resonance while also cutting into the control the Oscillit has as the common shapes of armour begin to distort frequency.

Light gear and non-solids provide less interference than heavy solids. With varying levels of rigidity and density will have various levels of interference but in simplicity, less direct protection means less interference.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Discussion

A big point in Kani, which has been contested for a bit now, is that people say that it's used too much for feat/magic-stacking. I wanted to get people's thoughts with this before proceeding further, as while Kani as a few 'spells', the versatility and the ability to layer spells atop of one another. That, coupled with the fact that it takes [1] emote -- once connected -- to do the spells make this an extremely useful magic that can be used in most situations. However, last time I proposed this, there was a lot of debating about it.

Therefore, I wanted to know the community's feedback and thoughts on making Kani 2-3 slots. Is it good? Is it bad? Am I being too harsh? Etc. 

CREDIT

- Hexe (For ideas, explaination etc.)

10 minutes ago, ronin_champloo said:

Armors and Weaponry

Add: 

- Stowed away metal equipment; such as Minas, Weaponry, Necklaces, etc.. do not impede the flow of Resonance.

No.

Stay poor.

Absolutely not on allowing stowed weaponry etc, it will just make it more min-max. -1 

42 minutes ago, rukio said:

Absolutely not on allowing stowed weaponry etc, it will just make it more min-max. -1 

What's wrong with that? Metal weaponry can't be used with Kani at all, so it's just to let people cast while there's stuff like that in their inventory

-1 I think there's a lot of narrative potential to there being a poverty stricken MA

55 minutes ago, ronin_champloo said:

What's wrong with that? Metal weaponry can't be used with Kani at all, so it's just to let people cast while there's stuff like that in their inventory

Cause Metal messes with the Resonance frequency and having it on you is like putting an emp near your electronics.

4 hours ago, ronin_champloo said:

Adding minmax to lore is bad

If Kani is interrupted by metal, holding metal on your person interrupts it. 

in the interest of possibly trying to prevent minmax but also allow someone to carry stuff like pvp gear, minas, and other bits and bobs, perhaps it'd be better to go more into depth about what metals can and cannot be carried, or what quantity of it can be carried based on mass

take gold - a slayersteel blade being carried by a kani user is a bit iffy, but a gold trinket like a necklace or so and such, something that doesn't weigh very much and is used solely for vanity, would be fine

i think it'd be a good idea to go more into depth to perhaps disallow 'roleplay metals' - boomsteel, thanhium, lunarite, etc, explaining that despite how much mass of any of them you could be carrying, their nature alters the level of disturbance of resonance in comparison with other metals

1 hour ago, creamynoteblock said:

this is literally just an amendment to let kani users carry pvp gear and minas idk where ur getting the minmax from

No one is going to use this to carry pvp gear, especially given the fact the VAST majority of conflict no longer relates to pvp.

6 hours ago, ronin_champloo said:

Because it's 100% going to be used to carry around ST materials and min max further, which is lame. 

1 hour ago, rukio said:

No one is going to use this to carry pvp gear, especially given the fact the VAST majority of conflict no longer relates to pvp.

im going to use this to carry pvp gear. i will also use it to carry minas

you're mostly concerned about kani users carrying around ST metal weapons, which can easily be done already by stacking another magic and using that to summon/banish weapons. i dont see a problem with this considering it already happens

1 hour ago, rukio said:

Because it's 100% going to be used to carry around ST materials and min max further, which is lame. 

+1

Mages and CAs have complained abt the same thing (child roleplayer taking down olog in pvp because the ologs player can't pvp), but we haven't given them strength III or eldritch blast spell pluggin

If a character can't use xyz in rp they probably shouldn't use it in pvp anyways since pvp still correlates to rp

(Aka: don't pvp on an rp server if you want to use your special magick)

1 hour ago, creamynoteblock said:

you're mostly concerned about kani users carrying around ST metal weapons, which can easily be done already by stacking another magic and using that to summon/banish weapons.

giphy.gif

Time to make an amendment prohibiting heralds from using that spell if they have kani to summon metal weapons.