[✗] [Heralds of Azdromoth Addition] Kani and Draan bound weapons

rukio

Proposed new redlines:

-If a Herald has Kani and has used Kani during conflict they will be unable to summon or desummon any draan bound metal weapon until the combat in question has ended.

-If a Herald has Kani and has summoned or desummoned a metal weapon via draan binding they will be unable to use Kani for the duration of the combat.

Purpose:

giphy.gif

Heraldry should not be used as a loophole to get around not being able to carry metal weapons as a kani user.

I approve my overlord's suggestion. All Hail! +1

literally pointless lol, you have to stop using kani to use any CA or magic and then if the weapon you've summoned is made of metal you can't cast anymore anyway? tell me what the point of this is

5 hours ago, _Hexe_ said:

literally pointless lol, you have to stop using kani to use any CA or magic and then if the weapon you've summoned is made of metal you can't cast anymore anyway? tell me what the point of this is

Prevent people from swapping between the two in combat lol if u don't understand just say soooooo

4 hours ago, rukio said:

Prevent people from swapping between the two in combat lol if u don't understand just say soooooo

alright so hypothetically speaking instead i'll cut the extra MA, the additional emotes required to get the sword, inability to use kani's effects 2 emotes after using another magic and just have my buddy hand me my sword when i need it? i don't even use any of these 'loopholes' (literal normal interactions between lore) and it's so blatantly poorly thought out

there's also no situation where using a sword is better than having kani's effects active

17 minutes ago, _Hexe_ said:

and it's so blatantly poorly thought out

Sounds like cope to me....

Stacking is bad and reduces the flavor and individuality of each magic/feat used. I support amendments like this which prevent casual abuse/use of "swapping styles" in a fight to beat the emote economy. 

3 hours ago, Mannamannaa said:

Stacking is bad and reduces the flavor and individuality of each magic/feat used. I support amendments like this which prevent casual abuse/use of "swapping styles" in a fight to beat the emote economy. 

beat the emote economy ?......

5 hours ago, _Hexe_ said:

alright so hypothetically speaking instead i'll cut the extra MA, the additional emotes required to get the sword, inability to use kani's effects 2 emotes after using another magic and just have my buddy hand me my sword when i need it? i don't even use any of these 'loopholes' (literal normal interactions between lore) and it's so blatantly poorly thought out

there's also no situation where using a sword is better than having kani's effects active

hello?

3 hours ago, _Hexe_ said:

beat the emote economy ?......

hello?

Why are you so pressed Hexe...everyone else surveyed thinks this is good and based...

44 minutes ago, rukio said:

Why are you so pressed Hexe...everyone else surveyed thinks this is good and based...

there are ways of preventing minmaxing that actually make sense. dropping balance amendments that prevent lore interactions or players from doing certain things entirely OOCly (meaning with no actual grounds in lore) is just shit.

if something doesn't work, it should have an actual reason as to why. not just "i don't like that it's this way so i want it to not be this way"

45 minutes ago, rukio said:

everyone else surveyed thinks this is good and based...

how many of these people have kani and/or have actually read and understood the lore?

2 hours ago, _Hexe_ said:

if something doesn't work, it should have an actual reason as to why. not just "i don't like that it's this way so i want it to not be this way"

how many of these people have kani and/or have actually read and understood the lore?

It doesn't make sense to be able to bind something to your soul and call it at will if you can't physically carry it and channel kani too.

As for your other point

image6-1.png