[✗] [Lore Addition/Amendment] Arcanium

exogens

[LORE AMENDMENT/ADDITION] Arcanium / Voidal Eminence

This amendment would be pretty much simple unlike the other modifications I made before lore-wise. I believe Voidal Eminence users should have a threshold of -4 instead of -3 per Eminence participant. Why? 

• 1. Voidal Eminencers are the best type of magical feat where voidal mages can manipulate mana from their surroundings, as explained in their ability whenever they use Expulsion, meaning they can channel their mana towards Arcanium Forging better than any other mage.
  • 2. Voidal Eminence is starting to become more useful with the last recent amendment, however, it still needs to have a few more additions so that people can feel like it is as balanced and as good as Voidstalking.
  •  

As for the Mechanics? Simple, the threshold will be -4 IF the mage adds an extra emote, clearly identifying that they're collecting the mana around themselves in order to channel it to the Arcanium, just like in Expulsion, if that extra emote is not added, then it would be -3 as usual. 
If you feel like this is "OP" then you can simply say only Voidal Eminence Transfigurationists can use this ability.

My other addition, as suggested by Classy, with an Eminence mage leading,  they have the ability to put two items to turn into Arcanium instead of one, however, the thresholds would be -2 for all participating mages minus the leading mage, perhaps something as a take-lose all.

The way for voidal emmenance to be more useful is not by encroaching on one of the niches of voidstalking imo. Maybe think of an advantage for them that isn't just manipulating the modifier?

I have to agree with classy on this. Encroaching upon what other tests do isn't the right way to make eminence viable. There might be something else that can be done but this ain't it chief

27 minutes ago, MeteorDragon said:

I have to agree with classy on this. Encroaching upon what other tests do isn't the right way to make eminence viable. There might be something else that can be done but this ain't it chief

34 minutes ago, ClassyBells said:

The way for voidal emmenance to be more useful is not by encroaching on one of the niches of voidstalking imo. Maybe think of an advantage for them that isn't just manipulating the modifier?

Oh, I didnt mean to headbutt or barge-in mainly on voidstalkers, I was just explaining how this Feat is technically the least used out of all the 4 exclusive ones related to Voidal Feats, I just wanted to explain on how to make it useful on other things other than combat mainly. I tried to think of other advantages just as Mana manipulation from surroundings or anything related to enchantments to make it more 'efficient' but pretty much I cant think of anything else except the threshold, which is pretty much silly but, it made sense in a way, though Im more happy to brainstorm on more ideas

1 hour ago, exoo said:

Oh, I didnt mean to headbutt or barge-in mainly on voidstalkers, I was just explaining how this Feat is technically the least used out of all the 4 exclusive ones related to Voidal Feats, I just wanted to explain on how to make it useful on other things other than combat mainly. I tried to think of other advantages just as Mana manipulation from surroundings or anything related to enchantments to make it more 'efficient' but pretty much I cant think of anything else except the threshold, which is pretty much silly but, it made sense in a way, though Im more happy to brainstorm on more ideas

The two ideas which jump to my head are either letting them combine the aesthetics of multiple magics onto arcanium or letting them make two arcanium items instead of one if they lead the ritual.

8 minutes ago, LoTC's Next Top Model said:

ignoring the "you shouldn't encroach on other magics" thing i half-agree with

mechanically, shouldn't this be an artificer ability instead? you know. the /crafting/ one.

Not really since Arcanium is mainly made by a ritual of mages, giving so much mana that it would be refined by then. If we will talk about Mana Manipulation and making it efficent, Eminencers are the best at it

19 minutes ago, ClassyBells said:

The two ideas which jump to my head are either letting them combine the aesthetics of multiple magics onto arcanium or letting them make two arcanium items instead of one if they lead the ritual.

I dont know about the first part, but surely I like the second idea, but what would you think be the downside of it, or the reasoning that they can? Just asking from an ST perspective to connect the dots

16 hours ago, exoo said:

Not really since Arcanium is mainly made by a ritual of mages, giving so much mana that it would be refined by then. If we will talk about Mana Manipulation and making it efficent, Eminencers are the best at it

this is a very bizarre point, since every magic crafted item is made by a ritual of mages. it's not like artificers are literally screwing things together, they're also using enchantment and shit, and they are the best and specifically binding mana to items. like making arcanium. why do artificers have better ability making grand artifacts and better enchanting, if eminents are dramatically better at all of the aspects of putting mana into an item, so much so they are noticably better at making arcanium?

overall this ability doesn't make much sense to be held by an eminent, the /casting/ focused feat, as opposed to the one who literally just bind mana to items, speaking as an eminent. this ability has no connection to any of the other things eminents does. if anything, an eminent, the best casters and most capable of doing whacky spells and casting forever with big flashy magic, should probably be more along the lines of what classybells said of combining multiple magics together. i still think that ability would be completely unattached to what eminents do otherwise, but it's a unique ability reflective of what eminents actually do, rather than a random numerical buff to a random void magic thing that's uninteresting and disconnected.

overall pretty against this, even as an eminent who mostly does crafting. it doesn't fit. i agree eminent absolutely needs a buff, but this isn't the way to do it.

Edited by LoTC's Next Top Model

On 3/11/2023 at 3:44 PM, exoo said:

not here to add anything or comment but actually if i recall it was recently stated scions are the least played of the feats nerd emoji

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.