LAWMAN'S SPEECH - Ludrik Katzak

GoodGuyMatt

mmst-2fzfo_lk_ZbosXAbzmO3O9XNIqbDnIxrUmxd6lm7zK3fNyxVMNYjZJbIji1CqI7rQETfhJRsh1L4lvsIshMJXm53y5hikNdmMO9RLDoSALgvIX3mhNyAZFvTcWd16dZHeE7jUE2JEJ8rRWJEU8

DIE REDE DES GESETZGEBERS VON LUDRIK KATZAK

THE LAWMAN'S SPEECH OF LUDRIK KATZAK

Issued by Ludrik Katzak, Nominee for Lawman

in the year of our Lord 1915

xrAXdNnWe_uCh4WW30UhSFeWi0ryw2qRewZhXV03saF9def64fDt32oVM10UFAlbirJCvjbF7VuDSxfkgOB3uSvSDGZVBG7degHGqLrqkpUVioX9yzrxEveqdcXAZ9_4pLkxU-lldAY2IqwEV0aQ9h8

Artist’s depiction of Ludrik giving his speech to the Reinmaren masses

SÖHNE UND TÖCHTER VON MINITZ,

When I came upon this land many moons and many seasons past, I came as a peasant of Reinmar. I knew not the common language, but I knew of the practices of our people, for I was born and raised a Reinmaren. Thusly I went back to Reinmar, and attended the Reinmaren College, to learn the arts of writing and of reading, of law and of history. It is thus, through my education and through my personal experience, that I find myself to fill the position of a lawman well"

The Kanun which Herzog Leon wrote - GOTT rest his soul - while elaborate and long, remains subject to addition and to edicts. As lawman of the Landtag, I would bring forth propositions of law which not only uphold the customs of our people in cases of wrongdoing, but of everyday life. I would propose the practices of the mountainous villages of Reinmar, for example. Where the dowry paid to the woman or her family is set and according to the law. Or where he who enters another man's home must knock thrice and call twice, as Theoderic did when he entered Gelimar's pasture.

The Kanun is not only our law, but our very lifestyle, and additions must be made so that it reflects such, that the ways of our people are held staunchly, so that they may never be lost. Thank you for your time.

GOTT MIT UNS,

Ludrik Katzak von Minitz