[Lore Addition / Amendment] Voidal Eminence

Luxury

Amendment

Move to Tier 1: Aura Sensory

Tier 1
A Magi familiar with Voidal Eminence would begin to feel the physical and mental changes rather rapidly onset, likely causing some mental instability and physical confusion; resulting in cold or fever-like symptoms as the body adjusts to changes. As well, the magi is plagued by periodic headaches and miasmic visions of errant Mana as they grow accustomed to Aura Sensory. This Tier lasts two weeks.

Mechanics:
Week One - The Mage’s eyes strain themselves to process the new visions of aura in their field of view.
Week Two - The Mage’s vision clarifies and becomes able to hone in on this Mana, now able to use Aura Sensory to it’s full effect.

Reason:
As is, the feat is written such that a player will have to roleplay a sick character for two weeks with no discernable interaction with the magical force that is causing it. I believe this will make the early piece of this Feat more enjoyable to roleplay, and offer a more elegant transition between tiers.

Addition

Add to: Aura Sensory

Eminents are further evolved in their understanding of arcane and thus perceive its flow with greater clarity, allowing them to become visibly aware of one's own (or another's) exhaustion when it comes to voidal spellcasting. This is to say that an Eminent will be able to distinguish the slightest flicker in their own or another's aura as spells are cast, which implies that they may tell when an arcane mage is more or less drained by the act of mustering a spell.

-This effect is wholly aesthetic and cannot provide one any sort of combative advantage (or disadvantage) in any capacity, including but not limited to relaying information about another's spellcasting exhaustion. It is but a harmless, vain tool to allow Eminents another storytelling resource and all that one may see when another (or even oneself) starts becoming exhausted due to over-exertion is a decrease in light arouund the caster's aura.

Addition

New Ability:

[Passive] [Non-combat] Magister Magnificus
It is woven into the fibre of their bearing, that these casters are certain of their ability, and by all means the very gesture of weaving spells is proven as close to them as flesh and blood. Hard pressed are they to conceive of limitations that would hamper their influence. Empowered by this ideology, only their hand can extend just a bit further than others into the depths of the unknown.

Archetypical geniuses of Voidal Magic, some claim. Others deem them power hungry and covetous. Nonetheless, an Eminent seated at the pinnacle of control over the Inner Void is a proven master in every right. The precision of their influence over Mana, inherent tether to Void, and indominable focus all serves the Eminent rightly; so much that these magi may envision and compose two total Magnum Opuses over their lifetime. The first of which is the inherent claim of any mastered Mage, and the second of which replaces the opportunity to learn one. Solely a skill of those archons who take hold of Magic and mold it to their Material desires.

-An Eminent may choose to replace their ‘learned’ Magnum Opus slot for a second ‘Created’ one. Note: Created Magnum Opuses cannot be dropped.

-An active Eminent Affection is required to access this ability and the subsequent created Magnum Opus.
-All Magnum Opus and Spell Forging redlines must be observed.
-The player is required to post their Eminence [FA] when applying for the second Magnum Opus.
-Magister Magnificus is a tier 3 Eminence ability.

Reason:
It seemed thematically congruent to have Eminents have some sort of inherent interaction with spell creation as it is considered the height of magical practice in terms of the Material realm. This ability saw a few iterations, one of which outright uncapped the limit on MOs while introducing a cooldown but I determined that would detract from the feat rather than bolster it. I believe this is a balanced position, which will further portray the style that Eminents were meant to be written into.

Spoiler

Sound off in the comments if you like / don't like what you see. I welcome any suggestions too! Lets get to talking about how we can make this feat even better than it already is, I know alot of you have shown interest.

Credits:

_Grey_Wolf_: Idea Generation / Feedback

Meteor__Dragon: Idea Generation / Feedback

CephalonAir: Idea Generation / Feedback

Exogens: Idea Generation / Feedback

Squak: Beautiful writing on the initial write

Vi: Writing Assistance

Changelog:

Further described the lore underpinning for Magister Magnificus.

Added a redline to discourage players from using this feat to access the new ability only to drop the feat after.

Added more aesthetic freedom to Aura Sensory.

Added folks to the Credits

+1 an amendment is indeed a better idea than a whole rewrite

I love the fact that there’s some amendment for the lore, however is there an explanation for the second part? I wish to understand it more, otherwise a +1

53 minutes ago, exoo said:

I love the fact that there’s some amendment for the lore, however is there an explanation for the second part? I wish to understand it more, otherwise a +1

Thank you, this was an oversight!!! I went back and gave it a lil more life.

Looks interesting. Curious to see what you'd do to the other voidal feats now. :D

Amendments/Additions implemented into main lore post. Thank you for your submission. Moving to correct subforum to prevent redundancy and clutter.