why do ST hate voidal magic?

_Sheylo_

i just wanna do cool magic shit maaaan, like that guy from adventure time

issue is that the video u linked is a niche of RP better fulfilled by djinn than voidal magic ever could

its a METAPHOR that the st dont want us to be able to do FUN stuff

also definitely could be life evo 😏

1 minute ago, Wulfric said:

voidal cope

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH >:(

void magic = bad, average void rper is a *casts fireball player who doesn't actually rp considering the fact that through the very existence of their magic they pollute the world and rip a veil between the natural world and the Void. also a v gatekept and oocly controlled magic at higher levels and also known as the 'silver magic' because it's basically used mainly by celia'nor and haelun'or

voidal magic could be so good, but instead of rewriting the original lore they keep throwing on bandaid additions and new abilities that often don't provide much to rp (like that one ability that solely exists to watch for voidal tears basically being eye aesthetic along with environmental protection through dreams). REWRITE THE ORIGINAL LORE TO FIX THE PROBLEMS, EXPLORE THE WHOLE 'WE'RE MESSING WITH THE VOID' ASPECT MORE, CHANGE THE NERFS TO VOIDAL MAGIC. please. 

also don't mass spread it, write another fireball wizard spell. voidal magic can and should be special, but it isn't

Complete opposite, actually. I personally would love to see more players attempting the Voidal magics. Too many funny little vampires around... not enough good mage RP 

1 minute ago, satinkira said:

void magic = bad, average void rper is a *casts fireball player who doesn't actually rp considering the fact that through the very existence of their magic they pollute the world and rip a veil between the natural world and the Void. also a v gatekept and oocly controlled magic at higher levels and also known as the 'silver magic' because it's basically used mainly by celia'nor and haelun'or

voidal magic could be so good, but instead of rewriting the original lore they keep throwing on bandaid additions and new abilities that often don't provide much to rp (like that one ability that solely exists to watch for voidal tears basically being eye aesthetic along with environmental protection through dreams). REWRITE THE ORIGINAL LORE TO FIX THE PROBLEMS, EXPLORE THE WHOLE 'WE'RE MESSING WITH THE VOID' ASPECT MORE, CHANGE THE NERFS TO VOIDAL MAGIC. please. 

also don't mass spread it, write another fireball wizard spell. voidal magic can and should be special, but it isn't

I haven't denied teaching anyone if they do the RP! It's not actually hard to get if you RP.

AND YES, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE 'EVIL' TO BE A MAGE

1 minute ago, BoyWonderr said:

Complete opposite, actually. I personally would love to see more players attempting the Voidal magics. Too many funny little vampires around... not enough good mage RP 

because ST yell at voidal enjoyers if they have too much fun

voidal magic is better suited to scholarly wizard old man types, and fills that niche well, I think the conjure abilities fill a creative hole nicely and tbh voidal magic imo is in a good place. If you want to RP magic man like matey above said go become a djinn or powergame like I do

1 minute ago, Lord_of_losers said:

powergame like I do

based but i want to be gandalf

3 minutes ago, _Sheylo_ said:

based but i want to be gandalf

what sort of abilities do you want that Gandalf has that you can’t use/mimic?

9 minutes ago, _Sheylo_ said:

I haven't denied teaching anyone if they do the RP! It's not actually hard to get if you RP.

AND YES, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE 'EVIL' TO BE A MAGE

it doesn't. you don't need to be evil to be a mage, but ur power source is pretty wacked out haha 

Because the majority of players are stuck in this section of the iceberg.

image.png

Regardless, seriously speaking from what I've witnessed and seen, it's not a problem of the ST hating voidal magic.. it's an issue with players themselves being unable to form their own proper opinions, and instead parroting what they've said again and again, like a circlejerk, and these reflect IRP. Concepts and thoughts that would drive a person mad are instantly believed by the Ben Shapiro, Alchemy-Guzzling and Philosophy-Snorting populace of LoTC so easily and quickly as a way to downplay, disparage and demean Voidal Mages ICly and OOCly. 

These same people will IRPly go to cities, talk about how the void is bad, and carry the same atmosphere as these guys, rather than relying on IRP experience to decide wherever or not something is bad/good.

image.png

Make your own opinions, read stuff and react accordingly to RP rather than looking toward forum posts and discord messages for your own beliefs. What you read OOCly shouldn't reflect what your character believes ICly.