The Edict of the Lily Garden, 469 E.S.

garentoft

EDYKT I VE LILJE GAERDTEN

EDICT OF VE LILY GARDEN

24sldEgt8rPFb0wuapqCiPD19rmNukaVCs3qoV4_06zc9a5DwwavsnNMfyWyBogBRZlcFLhCS92X5z_NwGitBEU_Dp4Y95aqMTqCSEnwEQpVJOOyFaT6x8H0Yl3enEJCEQaXRJgFaiE9svEYm9xBwIs

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM

Issued by

THE CROWN

Naf zwy 7th hag i Wzuvar ag Byvca i 469 E.S.

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV AG EDLERVIK,

The Order of Queen Maya and the Lily was established by the Royal Edict of Our Ancestor, Koeng Sigismund II, in the year 322 E.S. Since then has the Order served to honour those of great merit within the Kingdom, though as reigns have come to pass, the Order has seen itself diluted in purpose and with standards and methodology of induction ever changing, it is one that has largely become defunct.

Therefore, it is the wish of Our Crown to establish new Royal Orders of Merit, which shall contain within itself three chapters:

The Robertine Order of Merit (KOM)

For those of great excellence and merit in their service of the Kingdom through the government, administration, charity, progression and the like.

The Wailer Order of Arts (KOA)

For those of great excellence and merit in their service of the Kingdom through the arts, authorship, idealism, histories, and the like.

The Walton Order of the Unyielding (KOU)

For those of great excellence and merit in their service of the Kingdom through the military, valour, persistence, and the like.

Furthermore, it is Our purview as the Crown to establish the following:

On the Order of Queen Maya and the Lily

I. The Order of Queen Maya and the Lily shall still exist, and those knighted into the Order shall remain entitled to the rights and honours.

II. Lord Borris Iver Kortrevich shall be promoted to Valtakossar within the Order of Queen Maya and the Lily, for his service to the Kingdom as a great figure within the realm of Arts and Poetry.

III. From this day onward, no one shall be inducted into the Order of Queen Maya and the Lily, nor shall anyone within these Orders be promoted in rank.

On the Royal Orders of Merit

I. The Royal Orders of Merit shall be established, consisting of the following chapters:

a. The Robertine Order of Merit

b. The Wailer Order of Arts

c. The Walton Order of the Unyielding

II. Induction into the Royal Orders of Merit shall be the prerogative of the Crown.

III. The Royal Duma may nominate individuals which it believes of great merit to the Crown for review.

a. In such a nomination the Royal Duma should clarify the accomplishments of the individual, and the chapter which they believe them most fitting to belong to.

b. Members of the Aulic Council are entitled to petition the Royal Duma to consider the merit of certain individuals.

Damar lifsti va Edlerviki,

His Royal Majesty, Georg, by the Grace of Godan, King of Hanseti and Ruska, Grand Hetman of the Army, Hochmeister of the Order of the Crow, Prince of Bihar, Dules, Lahy, Muldav, Solvesborg, Slesvik and Ulgaard, Duke of Carnatia and Vanaheim, Margrave of Korstadt, Rothswald and Vasiland, Count of Alban, Siegrad, Werdenburg,  Alimar, Baranya, Graiswald, Karikhov, Karovia, Kaunas, Kavat, Kovachgrad, Kvasz, Markev, Nenzing, Torun, and Toruv, Viscount of Varna, Baron of Esenstadt, Kraken’s Watch, Kralta, Krepost, Lorentz, Rytsburg, Buck, Thurant and Astfield, Lord of the Westfolk, Protector and Lord of the Highlanders, etcetera.

Borris Iver Kortrevich opened the missive with olden fingers, their age catching up with him. Soft, pale skin had begun its process of sagging. He was getting old. His dark blue eyes scanned the note, reading each work with interest till... upon the page, he read his name. His eyes flung open, a sudden burst of life entering them. He sat in stunned silence, surrounded by the tombs of his own library. Yet the man calmly stretched out, taking a small sheet of paper given to him generations prior. 

He was no longer as young in any regard, except when compared to non-humans, and yet the words were sweet upon his lips as he read part of the text "I will watch with pride from above now, and on that day you will surely be named Valtakossar." Reading this final line, an excerpt of the note given to him at King Sigismund III's Will reading caused Borris to lean back and contemplate his life. Surely his King had watched his journey and will continue watching. @Xarkly