Naztherak Guide: Player Interest & Outreach

Unwillingly

Naztherak Guide: Player Interest & Outreach

Hello! As a long-time player of Naztherak, I decided to write this guide in order to showcase the style of RP our magic delves into and offer some insight into our playerbase with the hopes of garnering more serverwide interest. We hope that this guide will help players, new and old, acquire a better understanding of one of the server’s many dark magics without needing to comb through pages upon pages of lore. Please enjoy.

Naztherak is a pseudo-deific dark magic pertaining to themes of occultism, demonic worship & summoning, and higher-powers. Dubbed “False Princes” as a mockery within the hierarchy and infernal climb, these are the warlocks and witches of the world, the characters who’ve sold their soul for eternal power through the deception and promise of glory from The Pentacle: the five Lords of the High Hells; also known as Moz’strimoza in the Ilzakarn language, a native tongue of the infernal.

The Pentacle are an underlying component of Naztherak both RPly and OOCly. The Naztherak are molded around their worship and reverence due to the inherent servitude that comes with the exchange of power for their soul. The Pentacle comprises five domains within the High Hells: Velkuzat the Goat, Prince of Gluttony, Kholidav the Crow, Prince of Pestilence, Zathairn the Black Cat, Prince of Misfortune, Drazhana the Bat, Prince of Fear and Kiiztria the Snake, Prince of Venom.

9f816262541c94068dd73af04bf3873c.jpg?wid

Credit to Micah Epstein on Deviantart

Dominant aspects of Naztherak include:
[Malflame] — The most notorious of gifts, the False Princes are bestowed the ability to summon accursed flame used to eat the soul itself, discolored in vibrant hues such as sickly green, stark purple, ocean blue, or blood red. 

[Inferis Summoning & Subjugation] — A testament to the Hierarchy within Moz’strimoza, the Naztherak may create, summon, and enslave demonic entities known as the Inferi. Princes who are especially skilled in building their court are known for using their henchmen for battle and bidding alike. Some of the Inferi may be played as a CA.

[Malices] — The Malices are a corruption upon the Naztherak’s soul that serve as an influential mental factor in the behavior and archetype of one’s character. An example of two primary Malices include: Madness, the burden of eternal hallucinations that blur the lines between fiction and reality. And Temptation, the undying pursuit of one’s deepest, most selfish desires, be it power, the death of an enemy, or a King’s crown. 

[Familiars] — At the start of their journey, every Prince is chosen by one of the five Lords, which reveal themselves in the form of animal proxies upon the material plane: a goat, crow, cat, bat, or snake. Capable of great bouts of torment and manipulation, Familiars are creatures that serve to influence the Naztherak’s moral compass, decision-making, and behavior in almost every aspect, be it in the form of manipulation if their False Prince is too weak of mind, or kinship if the two share a common goal.

Naztherak is diverse in its culture and lore, with a vast range of tropes and roleplay to explore. While some of our players mantle elusive witches and warlocks of the wood, others might pursue the life of a cruel conqueror, bending living things to their will. It’s a personal belief of mine that the creative variety possible in this community is what makes this lore so appealing to the pool of players we already have.

The community we have right now isn’t large enough to encompass every aspect of the lore. Much of it sits on the backburner, sitting on the promise of “one day it’ll be used for something.” Although I’m immensely proud and thankful for the players we’ve managed to collect within the past few months, the weight of a thriving, active community cannot be carried by four or five players alone. 

With that being said, we want to expand our community. We want players who are willing to commit to a character long-term and actively, whether you’ve been playing for five years or five months, are looking for a community or simply want to try something new — the offer is there. However, I want to emphasize that this is not an offer of instant OOC gratification through an MA, but rather an opening of avenues for long term roleplay interaction and engagement with a new community.  

If you find yourself interested or have any questions, you may message the following on Discord:

Spoiler

un-w#7537
BobBox (Austin)#4660
TimberBuff#2397
kujo#6677
Rey#4273

Omg, can I be a Naztherak?

24 minutes ago, Orphvius said:

Always wanted to join a proper coven of witches..

You're welcome to PM me if you'd like to chat or learn more in depth!

you can also worship me and ill give you naztherak

I've played a CA for someone with this magic in the past. I was like one of the weakest cause how I played like a glass cannon. Was good times. 

Can you teach me magic?