The Adrian Declaration of Independence

Beamon4

"Why is it that all Sarkozic dukes since John the Good have been utterly insane?"

Constantine prepares for a possible fight, saying some goodbyes to family.

9AKwIsE.gif

“Oy vey…” The archduchess remarked, all too familiar with the stresses of an internal conflict. She prayed for all of her friends involved, on either side. 

Soprano de Murat, who’s father’s father had served in the Imperial Brigade for Philip III, would raise his blades with the Adrians. He had no words to say, for words would no longer dictate this conflict.

"Here I was thinking this Duke would be different from Adrian I, Joseph II, Philip II, and Philip Aurelian - Guess not aha. How come a revolution like this has become so stupid that the Raevir themselves have become an ethnic minority in their own duchy that is now occupied by Neo-Renatians? Crazy mate!" Stated Caius Godwin Alstion.

Spoiler

"Death to the oathbreaker, to the heretic, the Waldenia rises unfethered by the Raevir hordes." Yvian comments grimly, sharpening the various arms before him and polishing the armours.

Sir Liam of the Blackvale recants a tale of battle past over the beautiful ballad of a hired minstrel. 

"I LOVE THE DUMA AND GOD DAMNED IT I LOVE ADRIA!!!" Hollers an inebriated Emerentia Vilac, stumbling across the floors of the bustling Prince's Anchor pub with a mug in her hand.

From the arid underground of a crypt drowned of cracked stone and moss, Suzana Sarkozic bent before the kept stillness of dark, prayers lost to each tremble of her wincing, tear-stained shoulder -

"From now until forever, Adria as she has been jest dead. Her dream has niet lived since men chose themselves and their greed over their motherland."

Her eyes felt fire in the sight of her mother's grave, memories akin to the whip of a penitent's belt against the skin. 

"I hope it will have been worth it."

The Minstrels sing the ballad of Duke Heinrik as war looms ever closer.

Luther von Draco tightened the belts and straps of his armour, his hips weighed by weaponry he had attached. "Finally getting a chance against the ruined King, mm?" He jested to his father with a toothy smile, wandering into the streets of Adria. @ItemVendor

The Duke of Blackvale sharpes his sword, and readies his levymen.

"I don't know about you all," Paulie S. says, the tankard of Carrion Beige sloshing as his arm stretches out for emphasis, "but I LOVE Adria."

The elf  looks down at the missive with a rub to her head as she wonders why.

“The dragon is going to kill us all, much faster if we are all killing each other.”

she said in a quaint tone, chirpy as always as she sarcastically expressed. 

The Prince of Merryweather, who found himself reminiscing about the old days when Adria and Aaun had defied the world together and stood together united, readied himself for the inevitable conflict to come. 

"I suppose this is Heinrik's thanks for having aided him in Adria's restoration over the years. GOTT damn this ungrateful swine."