The Sky Breaks

BobBox

Spoiler

-=+=-

H6kmEmCBu1D19cG0lRWpZnfyyti4KGnmB3cNwqGv6QVY6Y_6UOsU1WzX_Yg4UI14qmq-YsM9mu-jn2KLp38DFvnR5o200GKQA7SJMk7YN4ZzpW5RRqL1EEbNIZKkDQl3wNHn6_MyVNwYN6FcjU-Ks2A

=-=

Under a warm spring sun, the descendants of Almaris went about their day as they pleased, oblivious to the fate that would soon befall them. There was nothing to herald the cracks which suddenly tore open the sky, resulting in thunder which shook the very earth. Pots crashed on the floor and children fell to their knees as sunlight intensified in the sundered sky, straining to reach the land through those fractures. Dark clouds began to roll in, bringing with them an instinctual sense of foreboding.

The stone citadel trembled within the Hinterlands from the force of the splitting sky, the tremors somehow intensified in the land of elves. The light of day flickered as that storm rolled in, thick shadows quickly obscuring the dawn. The city of Amaethea was plunged into night, along with other splotches of land throughout the realm, though it soon became obvious that such was no natural phenomenon.

A symphony of crickets began to pick up, and owls took to the dim sky in search of their next meal. But something was wrong, and it did not take long for nature to catch on. The moonflowers would not bloom, for no such glow reached their petals. No stars twinkled in the night sky. Flora strained for any source of light as they began to starve, fauna cowered in their nests for fear of the unknown. 

Complete darkness had fallen on Elvenesse and soon after, Dobrov. Calamity had begun.

Spoiler

Thank you to Juno for writing the post.

Spoiler

pogger.png&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=b2964a06459eb5

Spoiler

Please give me my sun back im afraid of the dark and my flashlight is out of batteries

Spoiler

I love my suynshine

my only sunshine

you make me hapopyyyy

when skies are grey

you give me sunburyns

but i still love you

please don't take

my sunshine away  ☀️

Edited by GammaRose

Spoiler

I hate the palabeast