[✗] [Lore Addition] - Voidstalking

Gemini

Geminisole_A_man_in_the_middle_of_a_pitc

The Lunar Abruption

Whispers of the Void

The Lunar Abruption is a passive/active aura that emanates from the Voidstalker, spreading in a radius of maximum 10 blocks, the area controllable by the stalker. The aura is filled with incoherent whispers, eerie and unsettling, emanating from the Void itself. The whispers are unintelligible, impossible to understand or make sense of, but they carry a sense of dread and foreboding, striking fear into the hearts of those who hear them.

The aura is a manifestation of the Voidstalker's connection to The Void, and it acts as a warning to those around them of the potential danger that lies within. Those who are attuned to the magic may feel a strange pull towards the Voidstalker, drawn to the power and darkness that surrounds them.

The aura is a spell and requires active casting, thus following any rules of voidal connection and spell casting, unless it releases as a passive ability. It is present as long as kept, a constant reminder of the Voidstalker's connection to the Void. The Whispering Void can be sensed by those within the radius, and it can be a useful tool for the Voidstalker to detect the presence of other twisted priests, or to intimidate and instill fear in their enemies.

Explanation

The Stalker is continuously subjected to the screeching of the Horror within, and can therefore release these whispers into the mortal realm. Ordinarily, Moon Speech would cause severe mental effects, but as the speech of the Horror echoes into the mortal realm, it is processed through the body and soul of a conscious being, resulting in the whispers being a jumbled mix of overlapping voices that grate at the back of one's mind.

This ability is both active and passive in nature. The Stalker can choose to activate this spell within two (2) emotes [connection + cast], or it can be released involuntarily in the event the stalker becomes frightened or is overflowing with emotions for example. Ultimately, the decision how to roleplay this lies with the player.

Due to the spell utilizing the horror that can be invited within one’s mind, this spell is available only to those that have performed the Ascension of Consciousness ritual successfully and is currently holding a horror.

Due to the unhelpful nature of the horror, if someone was to attempt this spell in combat, the horror would cease speaking and remain quiet for the duration of the combat period. 

Purpose

The underlying objective of this initiative is to introduce an additional layer of cultic allure to the routine existence of the voidstalkers, while also enabling the player community to further immerse themselves in the persona of the perverse priests of the void. 

The spell in question is exclusively geared towards non-combat purposes, serving to embellish the experience through auditory manifestations, which could conceivably draw the attention of an individual momentarily away from their prosaic duties. It is pertinent to note that the sounds generated by the spell do not possess the potency to disrupt an individual's focus or spell-casting ability.

Redlines

• Must have an accepted Voidstalker Feat Application. 
  • Only available to those with a second mind.
  • Only those with an accepted Voidal Magic FA/MA/TA can feel the strange pull of the Voidstalker.
  • Non-voidal mages can hear strange whispers, causing them to experience nothing more than goosebumps or shivers. 
  • The whispers can not be understood by anyone or anything. 
  • Exceeding the radius of 10 blocks is for events only and requires ST approval.
  • The spell can not be used in combat.
  • The spell does not hold the potency to disturb anyone’s casting or connection. 

Credits: 
@Luxury For some fine-tuning, a little more ideas and fine-tuning)
@Sewer_Rat For redlines and emotional support
@Air For being bad

Spoiler

Emote Example UwU

Emote Example:
[!] The air around Usamea begins to feel thick and heavy, filled with an unsettling aura. Those within 8 blocks of Usamea would feel a sense of unease and dread, as if the darkness of the Void itself is watching and waiting.

[!] The sound of incoherent whispers can be heard, coming from nowhere and everywhere at once, feeding fear and unease into the minds of the mortals. 

OOC: 

Spoiler

Pls don't be mean I wanted more non-combat abilities and more cult like creepy stuff to stalkers. I will cry if you are mean ok pls ;n; constructive feedback only. 

Also this is more first ever lore submission after 5 years so fr any feedback is much appreciated, the redlines were the hardest part and I'm sure they're missing something. 

In all reality I really wanna see stalkers being more so a bunch of creepy cultists instead of power hungry beasts with infinite batteries. I have my own vision but we'll see whether it Ever comes reality. Anyway, hopefully y'all enjoy the lore and good luck go me! 

2 hours ago, lemonke said:

Not bad at all

Thank you 🥹

I'd probably make it a bit more broad than whispers as those won't fit every voidstalker. Could have like creepy instruments, minor hallucinations, maybe changes in the voidstalkers body?

24 minutes ago, ClassyBells said:

I'd probably make it a bit more broad than whispers as those won't fit every voidstalker. Could have like creepy instruments, minor hallucinations, maybe changes in the voidstalkers body?

Oh that's not a bad idea at all!! My initial thought to this was just to kinda keep it simple. The horror is used because I couldn't really think about another 'logical' explanation as where the whispers would come from.  

8 hours ago, Gemini said:

@Air For being bad

for being awesome*

but i do agree with classy here. could make it more broad and give other stalkers more free formity with it. could have it range from minor auditory hallucination to like, strange shadowy figures on the peripheral or something. i still like the idea tho

Keep showing love for the feats!

This piece punctuates exactly what a Voidstaker is, and empowers character expression in a way that is not overtly outspoken. Should prove to be a good tool.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.