THE AAUNIC TIMES - Gronna & Droba 470 | Tobias' Bounty 1917

3DrH1d-i_DW9bchnG_gYXq1itvRoWO2iPxY8oxFr

Crest of the Most Esteemed Ruler of New Vienne

Published throughout the realms of Velen, Minitz, Adria, Aaun, Merryweather, & Sedan on

9th of Droba | 21st of Tobias’ Bounty

470 Ehr Sigmunda  |  1917 Aaun Calendar

THE AAUNIC TIMES

THE REBEL ARMY IS NEAR the bridge which connects the Heartlands to our city’s outskirts. To slow and confuse these Renato-Adrian bumpkins, LORD CHARLES ALSTION has strategically ceded most of the land of New Vienne’s west to them. This genius decision has given the Loyalist army more time to plan a defense of the River Petra while the enemy deals with occupying most of the useless country and its tepid people. The Rebel army now forms and marches northward towards New Vienne, where our brave Loyalists await them in a secure position.

WE ARE ALONE in our position as the preeminent Canonist state of the Heartlands. In recognition of our country’s shining prestige - bought entirely by the nobility & legitimacy of our ruler CHARLES ALSTION - our neighbors up the River Petra have left the defense of our city in the hands of Aaun’s Loyalist army. Similarly, the king of Haense, whose army is much more distant than the Petrans’, is waiting on the Archduchess’ cue. Soldiers from far-off Balian will also begin sailing here when the Petrans & Haeseni have mustered. 

Our army will slow the advance of the Rebel army across the river, and then defend our streets so that the Renato-Adrian menace may not reach our LORD CHARLES ALSTION in his palace. The Loyalist army will be particularly effective in these scenarios, for at the River Petra, our ranks will have their backs to fast-flowing water, thus being forced to either fight or drown, and in the streets of New Vienne, our boys will have absolutely nowhere to run or hide, so they will fight boldly against Duke Heinrik.

NOW IS THE TIME TO FLEE from New Vienne, if you are not a conscript in the Loyalist army, or are subject to being conscripted. Within two weeks, the fighting will be very near your homes, and our men will need food & material to keep up the defense of our LORD CHARLES ALSTION. You may take enough food for a day, but must otherwise leave everything else behind, and everything unlocked for the convenient use of the state. To better defend the palace, it is likely that your home will be demolished and used in a barricade, so it is imperative that you flee.

CLASSIFIEDS

BUYING MEAT - I had to give up my cows for the army. Looking to buy pork, chicken, anything. Beef preferred. Will be in market.

HIRING MERCENARIES - Pay is in exposure & experience. Write to Charlie A. in New Vienne.

ILL CAT - My loyal feline has been hacking up green slime this week. Looking for a doctor who knows about animals. I’ll bring him to you.

IN SEARCH OF CLERK - Thompson’s Coal & Charcoal needs a new clerk. Our old one left the city. Decent pay, will negotiate.

STRANGE OBSERVATION - Has anyone seen our marshal in a while? Could he be dead? Just wondering…

Comments? Suggestions? Write to our publishing house.

Submit classifieds with one Mina; add one more for priority.

- THE AAUNIC PRESS -

"Yet another piece of ground breaking journalism. Now I wonder what is on the funny pages today." Arthur flips through the pages to find the comic strips of the paper after reading the front page. After a moment he finds a comic of the fat balding king getting whacked in the head by a hammer "Hah! Thats hilarious."