When does your right to roleplay on LOTC get permanently revoked? [TW]

MunaZaldrizoti

As a fellow gamer who likes to shitpost I will give my serious opinion.

People can get heated and a lot of gamer words fly. These should be forgiven its normal for people to get angry and young people often cannot deal with these emotions.

If it was just a quick f** slur he should be forgiven with a proper apology. However threating to rape someone over minecraft is pushing a line way to far. Something like this should not be forgiven without an actual apology to the victims. This apology must then also be accepted by the victim, if they decide to block you, the apology was not accepted and you need more time off the server.

I also like to add that he didnt change. He is already fighting in a war again with properly the same people. If he would have gone to a more chill community like halfings I'd say he'd changed. Instead he went straight back to conflict which will cause more heated gamer moments. (This is only a theory since people make this about war)

Also people who defend this kind of behaviour with "You only want him banned for a war". Should be banned too since they clearly dont have their priorities right.

Also unbanning someone because "we all did it at that time" is beyond stupid. We gonna unban all the groomers too since it was hip back then?

This coming from an actual neutral party who isnt part of any group.

11 minutes ago, sami03 said:

As a fellow gamer who likes to shitpost I will give my serious opinion.

People can get heated and a lot of gamer words fly. These should be forgiven its normal for people to get angry and young people often cannot deal with these emotions.

If it was just a quick f** slur he should be forgiven with a proper apology. However threating to rape someone over minecraft is pushing a line way to far. Something like this should not be forgiven without an actual apology to the victims. This apology must then also be accepted by the victim, if they decide to block you, the apology was not accepted and you need more time off the server.

I also like to add that he didnt change. He is already fighting in a war again with properly the same people. If he would have gone to a more chill community like halfings I'd say he'd changed. Instead he went straight back to conflict which will cause more heated gamer moments. (This is only a theory since people make this about war)

Also people who defend this kind of behaviour with "You only want him banned for a war". Should be banned too since they clearly dont have their priorities right.

Also unbanning someone because "we all did it at that time" is beyond stupid. We gonna unban all the groomers too since it was hip back then?

This coming from an actual neutral party who isnt part of any group.

I don't want to enter this discussion as I don't want to embroil myself in the drama, but assuming someone hasn't changed simply because they do not move from their niche community is stupid, we all cultivate connections and relationships with people whether positive or negative and when this takes place for years I don't exactly expect people to be able to cast away all of that to then throw themselves into a different community. Again I do not condone any of the actions or things saids in a negative way to anyone but I had to just add this bit as it felt as a bit of an insult not only to Charlemagne in this case, but to the people fighting the current war. A lot ofdrama does come from conflict but that is a side-effect that cannot be avoided, if people wish to avoid it then join a community that isn't likely to receive any.

I think there is a fundamental problem here. Now I personally don’t know Muna, but I find it quite odd that man previous comments, especially most of the ones that have been deleted or censored, were quick to write this off as mere propagation for the war, specifically against Adria. This seems odd to me.

1. Simply because there is a community struggle at the present moment, does not mean there is not genuine concern for the health and safety of payers across the community if one of your players is called out.

People can definitely change- especially over 4 years. People can come back from the worst of the worst. Some people’s redemption stores are less… harrowing than others, but they are stories known the less. I think it is important, if you point that you think they are still doing something wrong, give evidence. I hate to say it, but a lot of the Lotc community is known to use so-called ‘gamer words’, even very welcoming, pleasant people who are very helpful. It is sometimes just a accidental slip or your background coming out. That is not condoning the action, but it is there.

3. Provide solid evidence on continued ban-worthy material if you wish for the person to be dishonored and booted.

I will say, however, if there is no visual confirmation that there is change, I do not quite understand how to continue in defense of the person in question. I also do not know Charlemagne well. 

2. Restoration is a 3-part plan. Firstly, understanding that you did something wrong.

Secondly, actually wanting to change from that path. Thirdly seeking forgiveness and move forward. (Sometimes people don’t wanna forgive you, and that is on them.)

Spoiler

Probably some typos as usual, but it is 4am so… give me a break.

7 hours ago, LoTC's Next Top Model said:

i wouldn't because i wouldn't let them back because i am firm anti-rapist.

i Understand your point, and what he said was disgusting, but you're acting as if he's an actual rapist

48 minutes ago, Zolla_ said:

i Understand your point, and what he said was disgusting, but you're acting as if he's an actual rapist

I don't think we're discussing semantics of whether he is a r-pist or not or whether the definition of what he is said is capable of incriminitation for a real-life crime. 

What we are talking about is the behavior that has been forgotten about and happens to be much like that of a r-pist and certainly when r-pe is being implicated in various screenshots that certainly indicates something.

2 hours ago, sam33497 said:

the way that this thread shows a clear divide based off of which mineman war side each poster is on makes me legitimately sick to the stomach

This. Its so sad.

9 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

the way that this thread shows a clear divide based off of which mineman war side each poster is on makes me legitimately sick to the stomach

This. Its so sad.

Should feel sad for the people who are constantly reminded of the situation which has hurt them until this day other then a petty minecraft war, it's for the safety of the entire community. This is hardly about divide in mineman war sides, it's about how there is a person on LOTC who first denied being the man in question of the provided screenshots and is now actually caught red-handed.

13 minutes ago, sashimichopped said:

Should feel sad for the people who are constantly reminded of the situation which has hurt them until this day other then a petty minecraft war, it's for the safety of the entire community. This is hardly about divide in mineman war sides, it's about how there is a person on LOTC who first denied being the man in question of the provided screenshots and is now actually caught red-handed.

You missed the point entirely. 

Its exactly what we criticised.

5 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

You missed the point entirely. 

Its exactly what we criticised.

Might have skimmed too quick, sorry lol

26 minutes ago, sashimichopped said:

who first denied being the man in question of the provided screenshots and is now actually caught red-handed.

Where did Trol originally deny being the man in question? Originally someone else said different discord name, not Trol. From everything I have seen he has taken full accountability to the best of his ability, admitted his wrong, spread this specific post to let another’s know, ie sending it in Adria disc to let people know along with a formal apology on this forum and seemingly wanting to to those involved with himself from this time. Again, don’t try to paint me as an internet villain too like it seems to happen if you oppose opinions on this thread, I don’t condone anything he said, I am stating my opinion. This thread was very clearly meant to shoot at opposing warsides. I don’t think the original poster or some of his/her community intended to do so, but many comments and replies, some deleted, are just fueling ammunition towards Adria side. (One example, the poster who brought of screenshots of Beamon, which is unrelated and just targeting the community, as it is entirely separate.)

3 minutes ago, Sixbyte said:

Where did Trol originally deny being the man in question? Originally someone else said different discord name, not Trol. From everything I have seen he has taken full accountability to the best of his ability, admitted his wrong, spread this specific post to let another’s know, ie sending it in Adria disc to let people know along with a formal apology on this forum and seemingly wanting to to those involved with himself from this time. Again, don’t try to paint me as an internet villain too like it seems to happen if you oppose opinions on this thread, I don’t condone anything he said, I am stating my opinion. This thread was very clearly meant to shoot at opposing warsides. I don’t think the original poster or some of his/her community intended to do so, but many comments and replies, some deleted, are just fueling ammunition towards Adria side. (One example, the poster who brought of screenshots of Beamon, which is unrelated and just targeting the community, as it is entirely separate.)

There were multiple people saying that Trol used the excuse of "not being Charlemagne and just happened to have the same name". Also it is incredibly vile to think that this is used as cannon fodder to blast at the Adria side and community or even claiming that this is of benefit to win a mineman war. 

I also think that you did not read the comment that this document was written two days pre-warclaim so this thread not even to be used to somehow boycott your community.

11 hours ago, Sixbyte said:

Hes been unbanned for some time, wonder why you try to get him banned once he gets involved in war... seems like some intention here. He served 4 years, 1460 days. (even more if you are talking about where those screenshots are from, since they are 2018) People change. 

Damn, and to think I once had some respect for you, crazy, shit take bud. 

42 minutes ago, sashimichopped said:

There were multiple people saying that Trol used the excuse of "not being Charlemagne and just happened to have the same name". Also it is incredibly vile to think that this is used as cannon fodder to blast at the Adria side and community or even claiming that this is of benefit to win a mineman war. 

I also think that you did not read the comment that this document was written two days pre-warclaim so this thread not even to be used to somehow boycott your community.

-Multiple people were wrong, Trol never denied this being him.  Chaotikal said something along the lines of “this is a different discord name”.

- Not incredibly vile to consider, not like this same thing hasn’t been done 10 times before. (Hugh and Lionbileti, for example)

- I also very clearly said I don’t think the original poster had any part of war-ban mongering, please don’t try and take my words out of context. The original document and original poster seem to genuinely show them being affected by this, but many comments and replies are making it a side versus side due to the ongoing conflict. 

46 minutes ago, Sixbyte said:

don’t think the original poster or some of his/her community intended to do so

(for reference)

30 minutes ago, _Leyd said:

Damn, and to think I once had some respect for you, crazy, shit take bud. 

Alright 

Edited by Sixbyte

i don't really have anything else to add other than a few things

1. boiling this down to a minecraft war is really gross actually.

2. yes people can change, however joel is in no way obligated to forgive charlemagne or those group of people making 'jokes' towards them. i am a firm believer of forgiving people when they have made change and progress - but we also have to draw the line, set boundaries, etc. thats what joel is doing. they're setting boundaries. additionally, i think lotc should be a relatively peaceful place. it can be toxic, yes, and we've all contributed to that (myself included, however i like to think i've chilled out now), but again, there's a line to be drawn and boundaries to be set. any good therapist will tell you to set boundaries for yourself, which i think lotc should do with its banning system; decide who's crimes are too heinous that they should be booted off the platform once and for all. i don't know charlemagne personally, but i do think that the words he and his friends had made about joel are vile & disgusting. i won't say whether or not he deserves to be banned, that is my private opinion -- however admins should decide that. all in all, i do sympathize with you joel - i've been in similar situations before and i remember the stress and anxiety it caused me, we don't speak anymore but i do wish the best for you moving forward from this.

srry if this is just me repeating myself im kinda out of it right now lol oopsies

3 hours ago, Sixbyte said:

-Multiple people were wrong, Trol never denied this being him.  Chaotikal said something along the lines of “this is a different discord name”.

- Not incredibly vile to consider, not like this same thing hasn’t been done 10 times before. (Hugh and Lionbileti, for example)

- I also very clearly said I don’t think the original poster had any part of war-ban mongering, please don’t try and take my words out of context. The original document and original poster seem to genuinely show them being affected by this, but many comments and replies are making it a side versus side due to the ongoing conflict. 

(for reference)

Alright 

I did not expect you to be on that side Sixbyte, I cannot understate my disappointment enough.