When does your right to roleplay on LOTC get permanently revoked? [TW]

MunaZaldrizoti

Y’all are fūcked up. My heart goes to the victim (for lack of a better word) and anyone else involved, don’t listen to these imbeciles. 

I will be removing anyone who decides to try to defend their past actions. I get it though - you so desperately wish to believe in a friend because you believe they've changed and wouldn't say anything like that again - trust me, I do. Sometimes however, things you say cannot simply be forgotten. I do believe people can change and that they probably have but, changing sometimes just isn’t enough and we need to understand that as a community.

I think something that people aren’t entirely grasping is that muna or toni are not here asking for an apology from this person. Nor do they have to accept or hear an apology from them. This situation  has crossed a line where a simple apology just does not cut it. Muna and Toni are sharing this information in order to bring awareness so that an open conversation can be held and people can speak their truth. For those who believe this is a targeted post due to some silly minecraft war, please grow up and stop invalidating victims. Using shit excuses for someone who has threatened to sexually assault more than one person on this server, along with a whole other slew of wrongdoings such as using racial slurs, alting to avoid their ban, rping as a nazi, etc, really does say a lot about yourself and what you stand for. We may not like it but those who you interact with and are friends with do tend to represent who you are as a person. I hope people can take this into account as they read through this thread. 

the tythus ltd. style of corporate conflict resolution

>infant_skull_depresser banned for sending faerie_goth_queene (new mom! congratulations!!) pictures of babies with the soft spot of their skulls pushed in

>4 years later read ban appeal, decide infant_skull_depresser (now gustavadolf1449) has sincerely reformed through Christ

>unban without consulting faerie_goth_queene or any member of the community

>leave it to faerie_goth_queene to find out on her own bc roleplay, write a forum post reliving and detailing her abuse

>let community “discuss” whether unban is deserved (WE ARE HERE)

>ban gustavadolf1449 a few days later for raid rules or something

>never elaborate

>repeat 4 years later

14 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

the tythus ltd. style of corporate conflict resolution

>infant_skull_depresser banned for sending faerie_goth_queene (new mom! congratulations!!) pictures of babies with the soft spot of their skulls pushed in

>4 years later read ban appeal, decide infant_skull_depresser (now gustavadolf1449) has sincerely reformed through Christ

>unban without consulting faerie_goth_queene or any member of the community

>leave it to faerie_goth_queene to find out on her own bc roleplay, write a forum post reliving and detailing her abuse

>let community “discuss” whether unban is deserved (WE ARE HERE)

>ban gustavadolf1449 a few days later for raid rules or something

>never elaborate

>repeat 4 years later

The difference here is that Charlemagne was not initially banned for what was in those screenshots. Their most recent ban appeal (for the four/five-year ban) addressed a situation where they pugsied people. As far as we can tell, nothing happened at all punishment-wise in regard to those screenshots. Meaning that Charlemagne was never held accountable on LotC for the vile things he had said towards other people. Appeal in question.

The virtue signalling on this thread is actually insane. It's the internet. We've all made edgy jokes before. Sure, maybe not to the same severity as Trol has in the past, but seeing all these people acting like perfect angels is just plain hypocritical. I don't support what Trol said in any capacity, but I wholeheartedly support the person he is today. He is not a r-pist. He is not a bigot. He's a funny lad who just wants to play Minecraft with his friends. 

As someone who has clearly grown out of this toxic phase and has made clear improvement to his overall attitude and roleplay abilities, I would be ready to welcome him again but the right-wing and sexual stuff is really on the limit of a ToS ban. 

I've never really touched that stuff during my years of toxicity, it's kinda disgusting, I've never really targeted specific players during months on end. I think that has allowed me to remain on the server and having some of the people being against Charlemagne, friendly to me.

The people supporting him should remind themselves that you kinda support a sexual harasser and the people not supporting him that they sometimes love someone who used to be toxic like me. It's a doubled edged sword.

There's a limit that you can't cross and I think that Charlemagne has crossed it.

Most older people will tell you that they figured out themselves out well later in their 20's, I used to laugh at this and it was the case for me, I don't think Charlemagne is truly at the age yet and he should be allowed more time out of the server to regain his IGN. I was certainly better at 25 than I was at 20 but I am certainly better than I was at 25, at 27 going on 28, if that makes sense.

I know that you've alted, there's no way that you would appeal 4 years later out of nowhere, he probably could have been unbanned 2 years earlier, especially during Covid, maybe unless you went traveling with Kyle or something along the lines.

1 hour ago, AnonymousAlexa said:

The virtue signalling on this thread is actually insane. It's the internet. We've all made edgy jokes before. Sure, maybe not to the same severity as Trol has in the past, but seeing all these people acting like perfect angels is just plain hypocritical. I don't support what Trol said in any capacity, but I wholeheartedly support the person he is today. He is not a r-pist. He is not a bigot. He's a funny lad who just wants to play Minecraft with his friends. 

Absolutely flabbergasted that you wholeheartedly support him given the screenshot of Charlemagne showing a swastika in mineman, which was used against the jewish people. The people who you defend? Quite some hypocrisy there.

Was gonna comment that the admins wouldn't change their verdict to save face, decided that they surely couldn't be so vain, alas I was wrong.