When does your right to roleplay on LOTC get permanently revoked? [TW]

MunaZaldrizoti

8 minutes ago, satinkira said:

depressing to hear a staff member say this

the question must eventually be asked - what are the priorities of those in charge of bans?

i stepped down, just waiting for my permissions to be removed-

19 minutes ago, sashimichopped said:

This guy (Charlemagne) belongs somewhere in the Nuremberg trials and not on a pixel server with 13 year old children.

This decision is absolutely deranged.

I think it's deranged that you're conflating wearing a Minecraft skin with trying to genocide an entire group. By making comments like this, you're actually diminishing some of the most horrific crimes in human history. 

5 minutes ago, worldeltaii said:

i stepped down, just waiting for my permissions to be removed-

That's clearly a step closer to getting the admins to get him banned. *clap clap clap*

I respect your noble deed!!

Edited by ChefDeuce

4 minutes ago, AnonymousAlexa said:

I think it's deranged that you're conflating wearing a Minecraft skin with trying to genocide an entire group. By making comments like this, you're actually diminishing some of the most horrific crimes in human history. 

Personally, I think it's deranged that you, as a Jewish individual, wholeheartedly support someone who very proudly stood for a screenshot waving a Nazi flag in a military-esque uniform knowing that groups committed atrocities responsible for millions of deaths using that flag to show unity in their actions. I am sure that your family ancestry was affected in some way by this. Do you not feel ashamed for "wholeheartedly supporting" Charlemagne?

46 minutes ago, itdontmatta said:

Hi everyone, we would like to address the recent discussions regarding Charlemagne's unban and the evidence of his past behavior. We understand the seriousness of this matter and would like to share our perspective and the steps we have taken.

First and foremost, we want to make it clear that we do not condone any hostility towards individuals sharing their concerns on this matter. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and empathy and we will not tolerate any behavior that violates this principle.

In evaluating Charlemagne's ban appeal, we did not have access to the screenshots shared in this thread. His initial ban was for no-RP killing, resulting in an indefinite admin ban. After Charlemagne served nearly five years and submitted a public ban appeal addressing his past actions, we decided to lift his ban without any additional evidence presented at that time.

Upon learning about the new evidence from Muna, we immediately reopened discussions about our decision. Although we did not classify this as a safety issue per our Safety Policy guidelines, we seriously considered permanently rebanning Charlemagne under other policies. We considered factors such as the length of time he was banned, his conduct since his unban, and the server culture at the time he was banned. However, we could not conclude that he should be re-banned permanently.

Following our decision I reached out to Muna to discuss our reasoning and encouraged him to hold Charlemagne accountable. I deeply respect the courage it took for you to come forward with this. While we chose not to reban Charlemagne, we believe it is important for us to hold him accountable for his words – he is not immune to this. You deserve an apology, though that does not mean he deserves your forgiveness.

We understand that some community members may be upset with our decision, and we empathize with those feelings. We encourage open and respectful discussions about this matter and are available for any further concerns or questions you may have.

Thank you for your understanding and for helping us maintain a safe and welcoming environment for our community.

Sincerely,

Alex and the Administration

okay, genuine real question

how do you justify keeping this player banned for saying mean things to a trans person, while you also act as a bulwark for not banning this player who threatened to rape a trans person, threatened to abuse them with various means until they were straight and "normal", and then also threatened to rape people who dared speak out against him?

if charlamagne is allowed to be unbanned because "lmao, the culture was different at the time!" (whatever that means), we should let this dude be unbanned, because the admin culture /now/ clearly doesn't give a shit about what charlamagne did.

(i obviously think both of these people should remain banned, but this is a flagrant case of admin bias in favour of one rapist transphobe over a non-rapist transphobe.).

2 minutes ago, ChefDeuce said:

That's clearly a step closer to getting the admins to get him banned. *clap clap clap*

I respect your noble deed!!

BidenL.jpg?width=792&height=780

3 minutes ago, AnonymousAlexa said:

Your comments can not get any more absurd. You're defending a man who wholeheartedly displays swastikas, a symbol under which my (as my great-grandmother was of Ashkenazi origin) and your people were brutally executed and massacred.

Yet you sperge about when someone of non-jewish descent says "oy vey" but when someone waves a swastika around you just pretend you did not see it. Shame on you for letting your people down like this.

6 minutes ago, AnonymousAlexa said:

yeah, he just really likes the swastika, he's not racist. he's just a really funny guy who said some bad things. he only covers himself in swastikas, acts really racist and transphobic and threatens women with rape ironically. it's a meme these other guys just don't understand. you're one of the good ones.

Anyone else remember when they unbanned gecko and then banned him again a couple days later not too long ago? Rather bizarre there's such a compulsion to not reban charlemagne.

7 minutes ago, sashimichopped said:

Shame on you for letting your people down like this.

Wow, you actually just called me a race traitor. Wtf is wrong with you. 

Just now, Balthasar said:

Guys, KP just messaged me, he swore to me he has changed. Can we unban him?

!!!!!!! you’re gonna get ToS’d for talking to a ToS’d player