When does your right to roleplay on LOTC get permanently revoked? [TW]

MunaZaldrizoti

i've seen a lot of the people outraged on this thread previously hang around with historical sex pests and other questionable figures 

Good you banned him but I can't help but feel that you banned him just to show that you're "listening" and taking what people said here seriously. You had the same evidence as you have now compared to when you posted your previous comment saying you wouldn't ban him. It doesn't seem genuine, just a save face type of thing. Regardless, the right thing has been done now. 

I wouldn’t turn your guns on Alex for a vote all admins made. Don’t shoot the mail man

Maybe the team should have been more reluctant on giving their word in the first place. I feel like neither "side" is entirely satisfied.

It's terrible honestly but it's also true that unfortunately back then this super toxic and vile behavior was seen as normal and was seen as the norm in the so-called "Dewper era" (in the flay-controlled Empire of Man / Renatus).

Good that he's banned, but, to the admins, do better in the future. Don't give notoriously horrible people the benefit of the doubt, they never deserve it.

******* finally.

Everyone take note of the stout defenders of that freak.  Keep an eye on them.

8 minutes ago, GMRO said:

and any chats involving anonymousalexa for good measure 

Now that was just uncalled for

34 minutes ago, itdontmatta said:

Hi again,

Upon further review of the evidence and comments made, we have decided to give Charlemagne a permanent (Player Conduct Violations) ban for his behavior in the screenshots Muna and MissToni provided. Although he has apologized and offered that he has changed, we cannot provide a platform for his redemption. 

In two days, it will have been 10 years since I joined LotC. I endured several different iterations of the LotC community, and I have been both on the receiving and giving end of really shitty, toxic behavior. I thought that since I matured and learned from my mistakes that anyone else could. When Charlemagne appealed, and there was support on his appeal, I thought there was a possibility that he changed. While he was back, I saw that change and I thought that it was okay. I didn’t come to think that even though he possibly changed, his behavior could not be redeemed on our platform.

There is a threshold that cannot be crossed, and we see that in this thread. I personally underestimated how much this community has changed in the ten years I’ve been here. I reflected on what I had posted, and I started to have a weird feeling about it. It wasn’t a call that I was 100% confident in. 

I am sorry, specifically to Muna and MissToni that we mishandled this. 

Lord of the Craft serves to offer a place that people can escape some of the realities of their real life situation. My topmost priority has been to encourage a safe and welcoming environment for everyone. Please hold me to that. If I cannot offer that to you, the community, then please ask me to resign and I will. My next step is to implement standards for the roleplay server communities we advertise in our public discord, and set rules & guidelines for conduct we expect on discord.

Thank you, and I will not let you down again.

Alex

Good that further consideration was taken. Hopefully further incidents such as these do not repeat and player safety is thoroughly upheld within reason.