When does your right to roleplay on LOTC get permanently revoked? [TW]

MunaZaldrizoti

1 hour ago, sergisala said:

It's terrible honestly but it's also true that unfortunately back then this super toxic and vile behavior was seen as normal and was seen as the norm in the so-called "Dewper era" (in the flay-controlled Empire of Man / Renatus).

threats, doxxing, phone calls to homes and institutions, and worse.

it's not the same community it was, and that is comforting.

a lot can change in just four years.

1 hour ago, squakhawk said:

I want to personally apologize for the people who’s trust in player advocacy and safety I have betrayed with this issue. After talking with many of you both in group and in one-to-one, I deeply regret not having stepped in sooner. While I may be the first to advocate for a ban, that doesn’t make up for the fact that I did not allow it to go through in the first place.

I have failed you guys in your trust and confidence, and for that I am deeply sorry. I can’t make that up to you, and I can’t undo the damage I’ve already done. I can, however, try again. I have served the playerbase both in matters of story and player advocacy since I became admin, and I felt proud to be able to say that I was always making the right decisions. But this time, I was wrong, as was all of the administration. But from now on, I want to make it right. I want to restore that trust and faith you guys had not only in me, but in the administration as a whole, to uphold and advocate for player safety, trust, and advocacy. 

I fucked up. I’m sorry I did. I don’t deserve an apology or your guys’ sympathy. But I’m going to try and restore that trust you guys had in me to be your advocate and your representative. My first step was advocating for a re-ban on Charlemagne and listening to you guys in your discords and dms, and understanding I was wrong. I saw it one way, you guys see it another- and I don’t think the way I saw it initially when we decided to not ban was right. 

I’m sorry again. I’ll make it up to you guys. Please let me know how I can if you would like, my DMs/Discords are always open, and I’m always available for conversation. I’d like to continue to be transparent and open about how I feel and see things.

Thank you to my friends, team members, the denizens of “The ‘Cord”, and others who approached me both as groups and personally to discuss this issue. It means a lot to me you did not immediately believe I stood fully behind what decisions were said and done. I’m sorry I disappointed and let you down- I don’t want to ever again.

-Squak (Steph)

Ive not known you long squak, but in the short time I’ve had the pleasure of working under you in story team I’ve learned a few things.

-you’re very receptive to all POVs

-Whilst others may say their dms are always open, you are probably the only one who actively responds, and does so quickly despite perhaps ooc commitments. 
-It’s plain as day just how much you love this community and want to do what is best for everyone. You want everyone to have fantastic experiences.

Everyone makes errors. Hindsight is always 20/20. Betting on the good in someone prevailing isn’t inherently wrong either, and if you make that bet you need to own up to the consequences. I feel you have done so here squak. 
i want to remind everyone that simply having the red name and the big A does not make someone infallible to human error. Whilst we have a perfectly painted portrait of how we think an admin should be and act, nobody can reach perfection. 
I’m thankful that despite the obvious backlash toward admin team with this situation, they swallowed their pride and fessed up to their errors.

everyone who’s saying they should resign, please remember that anyone who replaces them are subject to the same mistakes. All we can do now is work to change for the better, and not try to erase the past.

7 minutes ago, Telanir said:

a lot can change in just four years.

its not enough. As admins, do more. 

I don't think those who recognized they made a mistake and corrected it should step down. Criticized sure, but they are only human, administrating for Lord of the Craft isn't their only occupation in life and they won't always make the right decision. I'm glad the administration listened to the community and acted accordingly. 

I want to add as well, just because one bad Apple is now gone forever, does not mean those who associated closely with him are absolved. I was in the renatian discord, simply because I have a Vilac character from a completely different branch. 

Whilst the majority of what was said and done in that discord was memes and trolling, one matter did stick out to me. Unfortunately the entirety of the no-mic chat was deleted right as I went to screenshot and I do not have logs. This is why I did not speak up about this, as it’s my word without straight evidence. There was 1-2 minute space of time where several individuals linked hateful, racist, homophobic discords over and over in no-mic. I did not know what these links were until I fat thumbed a link and was thrown into a nazi support discord. I left immediately and realized there were discords linked for not only that but things regarding autism and if I remember correctly, transphobia. I said “please stop” and a few seconds after the chat was completely wiped. I only have a screenshot of the things said immediately following the wipe. 

I have names of 2 players who partook. I’m not going to say them here though. If a mod wishes to reach out, do so to sapphire#1345.

im tired of feeling like I should overlook something simply to keep the peace because it was done “jokingly”

40 minutes ago, TheosVult said:

I don't think those who recognized they made a mistake and corrected it should step down. Criticized sure, but they are only human, administrating for Lord of the Craft isn't their only occupation in life and they won't always make the right decision. I'm glad the administration listened to the community and acted accordingly. 

My concern is, did Admin team really realize the mistake they made or are they changing there verdict because the popular decision is that he should remain banned and is doing it to save face?

13 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

think you two need to do more than one tiktok videos worth of clout to think you have that pushing power

Step down @ScreamingDingo!!!

29 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

think you two need to do more than one tiktok videos worth of clout to think you have that pushing power

um actually that one tiktok video has surpassed the most viewed video for LOTC after 10 years 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓 nerd emoji nerd emoji nerd nerd 

33 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

Really dissing CT damnnn

This has been a wild read lol
go drink water and touch grass

4 minutes ago, Nord said:

Really dissing CT damnnn

bro nordnshutnthebfuck uo man 

It's amazing that even after the issue here has been resolved the thread hasn't been locked and that people are still actively commenting on here.

7 hours ago, Frostdrop1 said:

Your safety policy is a joke and cannot be relied on as a competent resource. You should revisit this ASAP.

@squakhawk@HogoBojo@itdontmatta@Llir@Telanir

I have said this before on the thread about FTB, and I will say it again.

Your rules and policies are outdated. Your rules DO NOT protect our new players and youth enough. They do not discuss age of consent as an OOC construct, only IRP. They need to be much more thorough and extreme.

Open up a dialogue with the community. Make a thread discussing the current rules and policies, and ask what feels lacking and what needs to be improved on. Get community feedback. Work on a new system of regulations for not only applying strikes and warnings, but also delivering bans and length of bans, and appeal processes depending on the reason of the ban.

It doesn't matter if he was banned for pugsying. Muna stated they made a post on this very same topic ages ago. It doesn't matter if he was recently unbanned. You have the evidence now. Open up a new investigation.

4 hours ago, itdontmatta said:

I thought that since I matured and learned from my mistakes that anyone else could. When Charlemagne appealed, and there was support on his appeal, I thought there was a possibility that he changed. While he was back, I saw that change and I thought that it was okay. I didn’t come to think that even though he possibly changed, his behavior could not be redeemed on our platform.

It does not matter one single ******* bit if you thought he had changed. You seem to be forgetting one key fact.

Muna and Toni lost their right to feeling safe and protected in our community.

I have said it before. I will say it again. We are women, we are qu.eer, we are lgbt, and we face this very same toxicity and insults and degrading comments at least weekly. We face it on the street, in the workplace, online whether its social media, video games, or anywhere else. We can't even use voice chats in public lobbies 8/10 times because we know the response we are going to get.

To strip us of our right to feel safe and protected, and have a break from that sort of attention and vile behaviour in this community is disgusting. He may have changed, yes. He may be striving to do better, good. I hope he continues that and continues to strive to be a better person both in real life, and on the internet. But you have no right to leave us defenseless, and then tell us to sort it out on our own.

Your apology isn't enough. I can't speak for Muna and Toni, I imagine they must be feeling relieved after the eventual ban. But an apology and an eventual ban is not enough.

Fix your bans. Fix your appeals. Fix your policies. You should have solid, concrete processes for everything you do, and every choice you make. Do better, and follow through by making active changes to the way you protect this community. You can promise us change, but what happens when you step down and another Admin takes your place?

Put new rules and policies in place. New processes. Ensure that the staff generation that follows can't **** things up again as easily as you and previous generations have. Protect us better.