When does your right to roleplay on LOTC get permanently revoked? [TW]

MunaZaldrizoti

7 minutes ago, Ramon said:

not involved but to their credit they waited till after the warclaim 2day b4 dropping this on the forums, cld've dropped it sooner

Warclaims again on April 1st and 2nd, still time for them to get him banned. This happens with people every war.

8 minutes ago, Madyyy said:

In all honesty I am shocked that someone like this could be allowed back onto this server. Safety is normally talked about as a top priority for most staff yet we allow someone who has made jokes and threats about sexually assaulting someone not once but TWICE. It is honestly disgusting and inhumane behaviour and in all honesty I do not think this should be allowed. Yes people can change, yet as @MunaZaldrizotistated, there was no remorse or empathy shown to those this player has targeted. Even recently they have been caught saying slurs which I will provide a screenshot down below. I would have had more hopes in staff to actually protect people from vile human being such as this but it seems I got my hopes up. 

Big props to muna for bringing this to light so that everyone can be aware of this situation and what could potentially occur again on the server. Let’s hope three times isn’t the charm for this individual. 

Hide contents

0633A7F5-2888-4249-9F63-EE21A75A8404.jpeg.d5cb82931ebf6e18ccaa7dd2279baf16.jpeg

I think one using logs from months or years ago when they were originally dealt with is heavily 'no bueno' but Ill address this since it regards me. Never was I intending to harass players or vehemently disregard someone AS A HUMAN being. The words I use I regret sincerely and it was stated out of passion for an annoyance regarding a 'rp political situation'. That doesn't make me vile, a terrible human being or a bad faith actor. It meant I said an insensitive comment, that wasn't even serious but out of anger. I don't appreciate you insinuating that or trying to pull an "GOTCHA MOMENT"

I'm sure Trol doesn't need someone like me to speak for him, but it is worth noting that he has made an effort to apologize for the things he has said in the past. A lot of these attempts are usually cut short by being blocked, and suggesting that he has not made any effort to change at all simply because you don't give him the chance really short circuits your point. Especially because all of these are old screenshots.

I'm sure most people here feel they act very differently online now from what they did four to five years ago. Wait at the very least until you have a repeat offence before grabbing your pitch-forks.

This discussion is devolving quickly, but I'd like to see if a conversation can still be had. In what way do you expect him to show remorse to his victims? Yeah, I'm not going to dismiss it and just say "He apologized, what else does you want", cause its a stupid take but I can't really think of what other manners is expected of him upon returning to the servers. From what I've seen, and yeah I can get the bias on my side, but he's been on his best behavior towards the community and I don't see what more he needs to prove. He's acknowledged his past and how wrong it was. At best, I can maybe expect a conversation between and the people he's hurt, but that's a tricky situation and might aggravate the situation. 

I’m very glad such topics and situations are being brought forward towards the whole community of LOTC, ensuring the needed transparency of the server as entity. Furthermore some of these remarks are worrying, and if the said individual has not changed his behaviour he should not be on here, place meant to have fun and foster friendships in ur free and boring time. None of this is real neither serious, we all need to be more laid out and relaxed. 

Your question is truly serious as it basically inquires of second chances, but of serious committed actions. I’m a firm believer in that people change and grow, but sometimes some do not and giving them one after another just makes them think that their behaviour is not the problem and they can continue on.

Also I cannot express how proud you are making your friends Muna, things like this are not so easy to go out and post. 

Joel, your concerns are valid and I understand where you're coming from, but I really don't think it's fair to deny any possibility that Trol has matured within the past four years. He tried to reach out to you to apologize, yet you blocked him. You haven't had any direct contact with him for four years now, so you're in no place to comment on the merit of his character today. 

I was here

9 minutes ago, AnonymousAlexa said:

Joel, your concerns are valid and I understand where you're coming from, but I really don't think it's fair to deny any possibility that Trol has matured within the past four years. He tried to reach out to you to apologize, yet you blocked him. You haven't had any direct contact with him for four years now, so you're in no place to comment on the merit of his character today. 

If you can find proof that I blocked him, I'll gladly validate it. But I never blocked him because I barely knew him. If I did ever block him, I think I had valid reason to. He spoke of me in a chat with very minimal interaction between us and in a violent manner. My discord was always open and any form of apology was never facilitated. A friend of his could've easily reached out on his behalf if he wanted to apologize sooner.

1 minute ago, MunaZaldrizoti said:

If you can find proof that I blocked him, I'll gladly validate it. But I never blocked him because I barely knew him. If I did ever block him, I think I had valid reason to. He spoke of me in a chat with very minimal interaction between us and in a violent manner. My discord was always open and any form of apology was never facilitated. A friend of his could've easily reached out on his behalf if he wanted to apologize sooner.

"Only upon my re-sharing of these screenshots did this player attempt to add me as a friend on Discord, which I promptly denied"

This feels like a private conversation to be had with administrators or moderation, and I am sure they were aware of all evidence when ruling on whether he’s changed his behavior on this server.

If the post is to “let the community decide”, what is the community deciding here? Since when was the appeal process and a player’s status on the server decided by a community feedback post, and not by staff?

If you want to confer to a general discussion about when a player should not be allowed to roleplay on the server and what general rules should follow, that’s fine, but this seems more like an exposé than an actual discussion.