THE AAUNIC TIMES, SPECIAL EDITION - Msitza & Dargrund 470 | Harren's Folly 1917

3DrH1d-i_DW9bchnG_gYXq1itvRoWO2iPxY8oxFr

Crest of the Most Esteemed Ruler of New Vienne

Published throughout the realms of Velen, Minitz, Adria, Aaun, Merryweather, & Sedan on

9th of Msitza | 9th of Harren’s Folley

470 Ehr Sigmunda  |  1917 Aaun Calendar

THE AAUNIC TIMES

SPECIAL EDITION

WE MUST APOLOGIZE for THE AAUNIC TIMES’ unexpected absence last month. Our writing staff was conscripted into the Loyalist army to hold off the Adrian forces, so we were unable to finish the publication. Thankfully, most of our writers survived, as we were not given weapons and were thus able to depart the field without much hassle. Going forward, we will not be publishing during the Sun’s Smile as we fast & pray to GOD as thanksgiving for our spared lives.

HALF OF OUR ARMY HAS DESERTED, no doubt enticed by deceptive promises from the Renato-Adrians. Yesterday afternoon, the Loyalist army was ordered to arrange a defensive position on the southern bank of the River Petra, with their backs to the water so to inspire unwavering loyalty in battle to our LORD CHARLES ALSTION. We, however, found ourselves betrayed by our own feckless countrymen. Upon the counting of ranks, it was found that over a third of the Loyalist army had either deserted from the march or failed to report for duty. 

As per the LEX AAUNICA, which is the unquestionable law over all the Heartlands, desertion is a violation of Chapter I, Title IV, which is punishable by execution. Let it be known to the slothful, cowardly, & treacherous curs who have refused to sacrifice their lives for the preservation of the invaluable title of LORD CHARLES ALSTION, that they shall be counted among the Renatian terrorists, Adrian barbarians, and all Rebel scum who deserve nothing more than a painful, ignominious death. TANDEM TRIUMPHANS, AAUNICA AETERNA!

WE ARE OUTNUMBERED by the Renato-Adrians. Figures provided by the Aaunic government promised the Loyalist muster to be ten-thousand men strong. By the time afternoon came, there were only five-and-a-half thousand men to resist Duke Heinrik’s six-thousand. The Rebel army consists of many experienced veterans, employs superior field tactics, and utilizes more modern armaments than the Loyalist army does. Despite these imposing facts, LORD CHARLES ALSTION will doubtless be able to conscript more young men to slow their advance towards his home.

WE WERE BRUTALLY DEFEATED in this first & most important battle to slow the Rebel army’s advance towards LORD CHARLES ALSTION’s home in New Vienne. Unwilling to approach our sturdy Loyalist defenders, the Adrian dogs began to hammer us with all kinds of cowardly shots from cannonry & handheld weapons. The Rebels then dishonorably entered close combat in our disfavor, dispatching many good young men & disrupting our formations. Then, most appallingly, they pulled back, and returned to firing into our disorganized masses of conscripts & mercenaries.

By the battle’s quick end, only one-hundred Loyalist soldiers following behind LORD CHARLES ALSTION were fit to fight. The bridge to New Vienne was smartly destroyed, leaving over five-thousand Rebel soldiers with the bulk of our wounded on the other side of the river, where they must wait for our government to devise a new war plan.

CLASSIFIEDS

BEDS NEEDED - Hundreds of wounded soldiers are in need of beds for treatment & death. Leave them in the streets and the city government will collect them.

HUSBAND MISSING - I haven’t heard from my husband since he marched out with the army. Michael, please give some kind of word that you came back. -V

FOOD DONATIONS - Most of the city’s food was taken to feed Lord Charlie’s men. If you have any surplus, please leave it with St. Amyas’ chapel. Kids are starving.

SEEN MY SONS? - Didn’t see my boys return home. Four tall, red-headed lads. Your dad wants to know if you’re alive. GOD, don’t let them be dead.

REPORT DESERTERS - If you know any male of-age who has failed to report to their duty against the Rebel army, report them to Aaunic authorities immediately. Failure to do so will result in equal prosecution per the LEX AAUNICA.

SPECIAL EDITION COMIC

Earlier prints of this month's publication were erroneously missing this section. Our deepest apologies.

aaunfield.png

Comments? Suggestions? Write to our publishing house.

Submit classifieds with one Mina; add one more for priority.

- THE AAUNIC PRESS -

Edited by The Aaunic Times
Added comic

Martijn burst into laughter upon reading the hilarious comic! He had never seen something like this before, and he went to go show all his Adrian mates.

5 hours ago, The Aaunic Times said:

HUSBAND MISSING - I haven’t heard from my husband since he marched out with the army. Michael, please give some kind of word that you came back. -V

FOOD DONATIONS - Most of the city’s food was taken to feed Lord Charlie’s men. If you have any surplus, please leave it with St. Amyas’ chapel. Kids are starving.

SEEN MY SONS? - Didn’t see my boys return home. Four tall, red-headed lads. Your dad wants to know if you’re alive. GOD, don’t let them be dead.

image.png.a03121d51a55343dc1e95c44989c52b6.png

Kor'garr the Clanless looks over this new publication with interest. While brief, writing is well done... The grey orc takes out a large quill, underlining sections for future reference and possible leads for interviews.

"Zharaz wyth skyll en wroighting. Enturyztyng." The Skriptgoth seems quite satsfied after reading over the mentions of clan Waghs in the east, yet frowns at the topic of desertion. Brows furrow in abject confusion, mustache dragged down by the grimace upon his blunted face. Eventually the paper is filed away under 'Rival Publications'.