KORTREVICH BULL POST: 470ES

critter

VE KORTREVICH SAMYZEK POZSKA

VOLUME TWO: EDITION ONE

TWO MINAS                                                 AVAILABLE IN NAUVMARIAN, HYSPIAN

PER PAPER                                                            WALDENIAN AND AUVERGNE    

IIH6xJ4238WkD_cqqsGZ0toFcgBaEmF5L3uRWEWh

WRITTEN AND PUBLISHED BY

HIS LORDSHIP, FABIAN OTTO KORTREVICH

ON THE 5TH OF MSITZA AG DARGUND OF 470 E.S.

A COUNTESS DEBUTED

Just one Saint Day’s past, the Countess Ileana Stefaniya Kortrevich formally debuted at the family home in the County of Jerovitz, where before the assembled friends and people she vowed to be fair, just, and true; thus marking the ascent of the first-ever Komitas i Jerovitz. 

The young Lady Kortrevich took her post as peer several years prior after the abdication of her father, Count Mavity Kortrevich, due to an extensive illness negating his ability to serve as peer. She has since reigned under the regency of her mother, Grand Lady Viorica Kortrevich, and departed uncle, Ser Vladrik. Last Saint’s Days celebrations -- the events themed after the Celestial Elements -- were joyous, though not free of chaos: in a true test of her temperament, the young Countess found herself mediating between several Lords as dire allegations were leveled against her uncle, Ser Vladrik Robaire O’Rourke, as to his conduct towards noblewomen who shall, in the interests of their peace and reputation, go unnamed

The House’s regency will end in a few months’ time, at which point the Countess shall be free and independent to rule her house as she wishes.

The family has faith in their young matriarch, who has demonstrated a fiercely protective nature tempered by her humility and commitment to duty and honor, and look forward to seeing her thrive in her post.

A COMET IN THE NIGHT

The loss of any life is an undeniable tragedy unlike any: the loss of a young life is, perhaps, the most cruel. On the 8th day of Wzuvar and Byvca of this year, HSH Analiese of Karosgrad penned a sorrowful missive announcing the passing of her eldest daughter, Lady Elizaveta Irena vas Ruthern -- “the Cometborn” -- in just her sixteenth year, after extended illness.

Lady Elizaveta leaves behind her beloved siblings; her many cousins; and her parents, Her Serene Highness Analiesa of Karosgrad and his Grace, Aleksandr var Ruthern, Duke of Vidaus.

“I beg you,” Her Serene Highness wrote, “to pray for her eternal rest,” and so we shall. May the family have a solemn peace in their time of mourning, and may the Lady Elizaveta and those she has left upon this realm remain ever in our prayers. 

THE DEATH OF A KNIGHT

The times of mourning are not yet at an end. Just hours after the debut of his niece and nephew, the corpse of Ser Vladrik Robaire O’Rourke, née Kortrevich, in the fields just outside the limits of the Capital. 

It is my fear, as your reporter, that this article cannot be written in the traditional tonalities of the Paper, for I found myself in the midst of these dire happenings. HSH Analiesa of Karosgrad herself graced the County of Jerovitz, calling for Lady Viorica; who, after the festivities, had retired to her chambers; as had the Countess Ileana. Instead the Princess Royal found none awake and at the ready save myself, having been hosting a business associate in the family hall. 

Though the Princess kindly worried for my youth, it was my duty as eldest son to reply to her call: and so I was informed that my uncle, Ser Vladrik, had been found deceased by none other than one of my own young Ruthern cousins. In Karosgrad, I identified what remained of his body by his hair and build to the Deputy Surgeon General Haus Weiss, who thus conducted a full autopsy. 

At the aforementioned debut, a young guest presented the allegation of Ser Vladrik having sired a bastard son with a recently widowed Lady; and, furthermore, rumor of additional breaches of etiquette. Ser Vladrik arrived shortly after these discussions began, where he was confronted by Lady Viorica and myself; then, met with Countess Ileana in the church of Jerovitz, soon accompanied by His Grace Aleksandr var Ruthern. These conversations, though heated, came to solemn and formal conclusion, and Ser Vladrik left the festivities accompanied by none save his pack of hounds.

The report and investigation into his death have since begun, and I am sure there will be more to write of this tragedy. In the meantime, the House Kortrevich does request peace and grace as we enter a period of mourning for the late Ser who, despite the misgivings which marred his final years, was a seated Knight of the Knight’s Table; Master of the Hunt; a Jovenaar of the Aulic Government, Baron-Consort of Old Halstaig and known as the “Houndsman.” He leaves behind his daughter, Lady Emigliana O’Rourke; his siblings; his nieces and nephews; and those who loved him as he was. He will be in our prayers, that he may find peace and forgiveness beyond this mortal realm, as we know only Godan can judge the virtue of his creation.

8-lebnJZikqNy36hh.png?nc=1

A depiction of the Ser by myself.

EN TERMINANT | A NOTE FROM THE PUBLISHER

In truth, the allegations and consequential death of my uncle are what have inspired the revival of the Kortrevich Bull Post, in the hopes that we may write frankly of the events which have come to pass and ensure truth does prevail.

The Post was the tradition of my grandmother, though whom I never knew I do greatly admire; and it is my dearest hope that, in years to come, there will be more jovial news with which to share with our Kingdom. In the interests of respect for those lost, this edition shall not discuss the happenings of the court nor city as the volumes before it have; though, perhaps in the future we may be free to write of such, more pleasant things.

Those interested in contributing to such a publication may contact me at the Kortrevich business in Karosgrad or by letter; though I do request time in which to hold my own mourning. 

Until I write again,

BFRS8yw.png

Ileana Kortrevich spent time in her room while she read over the new post that her brother had showed her. A proud smile forming on her lips as she put it away. 

"Great work as always borsa!"

The Aforementioned Business Associate chuckled as he read through the missive- Perhaps the chuckle was inappropriate given the core subject, but the man found his identity amusing nonetheless.

An olden Kortrevich dangles his feet off the side of Jerovitz. He stared out towards the lake,  towards Petra and Aaun. “I am a ghost.” He uttered.

Josefina Barclay found her hands shaking as she read the post, staring down at the page with unseeing eyes. In the corner of her office at Reinmar, carefully tucked into a velvet lined box, was a chestplate marred with rust, scratches, and burns. She had not touched it since it'd been left in her care, but now, she crossed the office and fell in front of it to weep.

Only one thought passed through her head as desperate fingers tore the lid off to view the piece of worn armor. 

"Sarborsa, what did vy do?"