All For Naught | The Rose Prince

Javert

66eaacf05e42eafed68b94b12975cfdf.jpg

The Rozanian Fleet setting sail from the shores of Almaris

st-xLVa-O_4qK_YxXMVcS_T-WZeZ34Z5O0nTMP_S98ViJzbFXU-3i9pnTxyqxtepkZHPO8Q22rUgrj8aYz4zzOTpvIM6__wNaB17KFhws-MVPpz-7HjmmW9rYs-_6JSte-NIsO6lw6sgv-ttCPVTSg

"How many lives?"

"Countless."

"And what did you achieve?"

"Nothing."

Prince Aleksy heaved a heavy sigh as his flagship pulled out from his former campsite. He had set out years ago from his homeland of Cahir to destroy Joannesport and its stubborn Sedanian defenders - and yet nothing was achieved of this nature. The second-born son of a faraway King who had hoped to seize glory of his own was now leaving Almaris with the corpses of thousands of Rozanian Bannermen. What had they all died for? Revenge? Justice? Loyalty to his Father? None of it mattered now, for he had been beaten. Disgraced. Shamed on the field of battle. Not a single victory was achieved under the Rose Prince, and his reputation was irrevocably damaged for it.

"What now, Prince Aleksy?"

"I face my Father's wrath, and potentially the rope."

"I will pray for your soul, Your Highness."

As Ser Chadvik "The Bold" descended to below the deck of the flagship, Prince Aleksy looked out upon the horizon. He watched as the waves crashed upon the shore and as Almaris' beach slowly drifted out of view. Whether Aleksy was spared upon his return to Cahir or not, one thing was for certain.

He would never see Almaris again.

st-xLVa-O_4qK_YxXMVcS_T-WZeZ34Z5O0nTMP_S98ViJzbFXU-3i9pnTxyqxtepkZHPO8Q22rUgrj8aYz4zzOTpvIM6__wNaB17KFhws-MVPpz-7HjmmW9rYs-_6JSte-NIsO6lw6sgv-ttCPVTSg

Spoiler

OOC:

Thank you to everyone who partook in the Rose Prince eventline. The ending was slightly anticlimactic and I apologize for not being able to give a final pitched battle, but that was due to factors outside of my control. Fear naught, the Cahir-Rozanians shall not be gone from the face of LOTC forever. Keep your eye on the forums, perhaps there shall be an update on this part of the lore soon...