The Armistice of 1918

"The **** did Aaun send thousands of young men to die for if our Kingdom is just going to submit Vienne without a fight? At least put up a fight you damn cowards!" Louis Owyn Haverlock said as he proceeded to be pinned down by his house servants once his maddened ramblings began

"I pray, I pray, that the rest of Canondom has the backbone to continue their opposition to Heinrik the Heretic." A woman would mumble to herself, signing the Lorraine thereafter. "If not, it shall spell doom for us all. Whose land shall they come for next, if they learn they can simply attack and claim more from it? Haense? Norland? Petra? Urguan?"

Wilhelmina does a little victory jig.

"Vienne in 1918, Karosgrad in 1945?" Ser Darius proposed among the soldiers as they then marched on his childhood city of Vienne.

"Armistice of 1918 rings a lot of bells to my Skygod.." Caius Godwin said in shock.

"A reminder not to make military alliances and rely on Aaun in any future wars, if they're prepared to sacrifice their own capital after one skirmish, they cannot be relied upon." remarked Arold.

"Peace" is all Erik muttered out, as he finally could rest without nightmares. Most wonderful for him!

"What!?" Dietrich exclaims through gritted teeth, reading the missive in a mix of shock and disbelief. "We lost one damn battle, and the cowards lose their nerve?" With a shake of his head he'd crumple up the paper and discard it, going to collect his belongings from Riverrock.

Vanhart the Carrot ran an oiled cloth over the head of his polehammer.

He would need it later.

The High Prophet of the Brathmordakin sighed as he read the missive. "Wot an unsatisfyin conclusion, after just one skirmesh too. Well... Oi suppose when yer army gets their arse handed teh them so easuleh, ye'd lose moral. Oi cannae tell if thes aaunic keng es a coward or has common sense." He crumpled the missive and through it into the magma of Kal'Draakan. "Oren es killed again, Oren es reborn again. Fookin 'umans."

A young Amador squire in training wipes his brow as he takes a break to look at the missive frowning. "Was cowards, unchivalrous. Usaer don't know the codes of chivalry, that vy must always finish wasever vy start. Not to mention, usaer will be begging ve Pontiff and their allies to declare ve Duke not a heretic. Was kind of message does that send to ve princes of canondom?" He threw away the paper into the compost bin.

1 hour ago, VerminHunter said:

A young Amador squire in training wipes his brow as he takes a break to look at the missive frowning. "Was cowards, unchivalrous. Usaer don't know the codes of chivalry, that vy must always finish wasever vy start. Not to mention, usaer will be begging ve Pontiff and their allies to declare ve Duke not a heretic. Was kind of message does that send to ve princes of canondom?" He threw away the paper into the compost bin.

"Political and diplomatic intelligence often takes something more other then the brainrot thought into fighting until no populace is left. I could use yourself as a lack of such intelligence as example for it." Caius Godwin responded as he heard the complaint regarding the political situation in Aaun, not too sure whether he understood the Amador squire due to the unintelligble accent.

1 hour ago, VerminHunter said:

Manfred Barclay, who somehow passed by, paused in his tracks for a moment to offer a response before continuing.

"I don't know a lot about chivalry, though it was very clear that Aaun wasn't winning this conflict on their own, and as a result, having started this conflict with the then Duke and nowadays Anathema himself, the King of Aaun sued for peace in hopes of saving his Kingdom, namely his innocent vassals, from any retaliation. You should also reread the term regarding penance. They are not going to beg His Holiness and his allies to declare the Anathema not a heretic, but rather petition the Church to provide him with a clear penance. The Duke very much still has to pay for his sins, and whatever penance will be levied against him will be up to the Church and no other. Whatever comes of it, I'm very curious to see what the High Pontiff will have to say, if I were him, which thankfully I am not, I would not let the Duke get off easy. Most especially because the current climate does not favor it."

Edited by Ramon