[✓] [World/Material Lore] Chitin Crafts

From what I'm reading this is supposed to be fully aesthetic, allowing players to have more diverse armor choices that won't give a combative advantages but result in more ways to express themselves.

Yes, there were a few typos that Funk has seen and acknowledged - but overall this could be a nice way to add to roleplay and develop culture further. The chitin is not stronger than ferrum, it's nothing overpowered or out of the realm of possibility, it's just aesthetic which is really fun.

+1

make it worse than plate it'd be funny

Instead of making ALL CHITIN same strenght as armour, I think it would be more interesting to add a refining redline. For example, you have to dip the chitin in some sort of hardening fluid to solidify remove impurities from it. Maybe having chitin be as strong as iron is too strong, and it doesn't add much uniqueness since the baseline for all standard harvested monster parts is ferrum anyway, so maybe as strong as bronze (which historically was on par with iron) to add some uniqueness.

Also, a refining redline would allow future and current bug monster submissions to have variety in their chitin. For example, the dwarven riding beetle doesn't have strong chitin, so it needs more time to process to make it strong, while tougher bugs make require less time to process, if any at all.

Just my 2 cents, i like when materials have unique ways to craft them.

Edited by VerminHunter
made it less unintenlligble

I said you couldn’t make chitin armor with event loot? 

1 hour ago, squakhawk said:

I said you couldn’t make chitin armor with event loot? 

I was told that you said we weren't aloud to make chitin from player ran creatures like the Lurker. My aim is to just have chitin armor that doesn't require an ST signature 

Who knew bugs would be so controversial 

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon. Please note that if this is playable lore, such as a magic or CA, you will need to write a guide for this piece. You will be contacted regarding the guide (or implementation if it isn’t needed) shortly.