[✗] [Amendment] Veilwatching, gimme gimme (chicken tendies) story progression edition

Morigung-oog

Before

[Passive] [Noncombat] - Event Horizon

As their connection deepens with Veil Watching, they become passively aware of the Veil’s integrity and are able to detect when it’s breached in a rather painful process. Should the Veil become broken through the creation of a Voidal Tear, or even sealed, be it through destruction of the Tear or a proper closing, the Veil Watchers will know. This will cause them to suffer from a debilitating headache as they see a vision of what had happened.

Veil Watchers are capable of feeling and noticing drastic changes in the Veil’s integrity, be it through sealing or opening tears. On occasion, they will even see a vision brought unwillingly upon them. These visions will given out via Forum Posts made by either ST or the Player Group that has created the Tear.

Redlines

-All visions with Event Horizon must be done via Forum Post made by either ST, should the abnormality be event related, or by a Player Group that has created a Tear.

-Should a Player Group be the ones to create the most, it may NOT include information that would regarding either Location or Individuals that were involved.

-While a Player Group never has to create a Forum Post, it is encouraged for them to do so.

After

[Passive] [Noncombat] - Event Horizon

As their connection deepens with Veil Watching, they become passively aware of the Veil’s integrity and are able to detect when it’s breached in a rather painful process. Should the Veil be breached through the creation of a Voidal Tear, or even removed, be it through violent destruction of the Tear or a proper safe sealing, the Veil Watchers will know. This will cause them to suffer from a debilitating headache or outright unconsciousness as they are struck with an unnerving vision of the events that unfolded.

Veil Watchers are capable of feeling and noticing drastic changes in the Veil’s integrity, be it through sealing or opening tears. On occasion, they will even see a vision brought unwillingly upon them. These visions will given out via Forum Posts made by either ST or the Player Group that has created the Tear. When this occurs, there is always a tell similar to those associated with voidal connection.

Redlines

-All visions with Event Horizon must be done via Forum Post made by either ST, should the abnormality be event related, or by a Player Group that has created a Tear.

-Should a Player Group be the ones to create the most, it may NOT include information that would regarding either Location or Individuals that were involved.

-Tear creation must be broadcasted to Veilwatchers via a forum post. The level of detail  may vary from one short paragraph to many though it is encouraged to leave behind some sort of hint as to the voidal tear's location.

Purpose

As one of the writers of Veilwatching, I am disappointed with the lack of attention Veil Watchers get in terms of posts. In the several months the FA has been available, we have only received two visions, which I thoroughly enjoyed roleplaying the effects of. I feel as though tear-creating should come with some consequence, and at the moment, it feels much like a power mechanic with no true risk or benefit to player story progression. I'd like to encourage void mages to actively play a part in narratives, rather just creating tears or having magic for the sake of having them. Veilwatching is often overlooked, and while the changes I hope to enforce with this amendment are only small, it is my hope that this minute alteration to the lore will have a substantial effect on the way tears are regarded and ultimately approached.

Credits

Moribundity - Original Lore co-writer and amendment writer

Meteor_Dragon - Original Lore writer and moral support

SquakHawk & Company - Previous Voidal Feat Lores

S1nnerVsSa1nts - Proofreading and extensive moral support

Tear creation doesn't happen too terribly often at all. Its not like its a constant thing people are deliberately keeping from you... its just that nobody ever really makes voidal tears. The feat is incredibly niche and it's hardly ever that it will ever achieve its intended purpose given this fact. 

Tears generate roleplay that every player can interact with and take a stance on. Our mage playerbase has become particularly interested in them. There are undeniable similarities to the days when we first discovered Void Nodes existed irp, and that they could be used if you could find them. It really added to the mystere and elusivity of what is meant to be an ultra rare phenomenon.

Veil Watchers have a unique position because they have written in abilities to interact with Tears - I agree that a mandatory post would in fact fuel this seer/prophet kind of roleplay for the meagre cost of a bit of lore endorsed creative writing. I don’t agree that the location should be hinted at on a forum post, however. Oocly speaking, it is not necessary that a tear is found by others. Narratively, they do not absolutely need to be closed. With that said, I believe the update for mandatory posts should be an addition to the Tear Creation lore page as opposed to this one.

remove the EPA they should have never been made

remove government oversight over voidal pollution

Yes 

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.