Looking for a new group [Complete]

Burnsider

I find that, during the times I'm most available, from 10am EST to 5pm EST, I will log in, wander around in the places my character would go to, find no one, and log off. I recognize that those times are not the most popular times to play, but it's the only time I can regularly play. Times later than that, I spend with my wife and child. Times before that, I spend getting wife and child off to work and school. But during those times, seeing as I do contract work from home, I often find time to play.

Many of you know me. You know how I RP. You know how I write. Anyone interested in having me in their RP community that are active around those times? I know you people exist. I see you when I hit tab. I just don't know where you are.

what types of RP are you most interested in?
do you prefer to play something orc-related? human-related? elf-related?
are you trying to find a community you could bond with OOCly as well? or purely RP?

14 minutes ago, Diogen said:

what types of RP are you most interested in?
do you prefer to play something orc-related? human-related? elf-related?
are you trying to find a community you could bond with OOCly as well? or purely RP?

These are fantastic questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

1. I generally prefer intrigue, personal growth, and political RP. Slice of life is nice too. I love mysteries and the idea of building towards things.

2. I have no race I'm particularly looking for, though I'm trying to shy away from human noble RP, as I feel that, with rare exception, it's all I've done.

3. I absolutely would like to form friendships with the people I RP with. This is especially important for a guy like me who cannot RP when many people are on, as it allows me to communicate and enjoy times on discord when I can't be in front of the PC.

15 minutes ago, Qizu said:

Qizu, I appreciate your response, but Adria and I have a very bad history. The last Adrian confluence worked OOC to mock and destroy a community I had worked hard to build.

59 minutes ago, AnonymousAlexa said:

image.png

I'm sorry. I don't understand. Unless you think that I RP in Aaun and are coming here to OOC mock a playerbase for actions in RP by saying that I'm trying to flee a sinking ship.

This says two things about you:

1. You as a player, not just a character, like to mock players in LOTC.

2. It shows you know nothing about the person you're trying to mock. The only character I play is from Balian, which is doing quite well recently. I have never had a character in or from Aaun.

I have no issue with this. I've weathered far worse from other player's in LOTC, most recently Rukio who called me a terrible husband and father. But it does say a lot about you.

21 minutes ago, Burnsider said:

I'm sorry. I don't understand. Unless you think that I RP in Adria and are coming here to OOC mock a playerbase for actions in RP by saying that I'm trying to flee a sinking ship.

This says two things about you:

1. You as a player, not just a character, like to mock players in LOTC.

2. It shows you know nothing about the person you're trying to mock. The only character I play is from Balian, which is doing quite well recently. I have never had a character in or from Aaun.

I have no issue with this. I've weathered far worse from other player's in LOTC, most recently Rukio who called me a terrible husband and father. But it does say a lot about you.

You're so right. I've seen the error of my ways. To make it up to you, I'm willing to offer you a von Draco to play. I think you would be a spectacular addition to the family! 

I can really relate to this post since those are the hours I have most of my free time centered around, to be honest I'd say to just hold out for a month or two until the release of next map and to try your luck then.

A suggestion and just so, but in particular for the more morning EST hours - it will be difficult to find anything sizeable like is experienced in the afternoon/evening hours. I found myself having a good time contributing through importing Map Art (I roleplayed it as being an artist) and creating a pretty good corpus of books. This is just in case you don't find a group to participate with which I can say was also an issue for me.

you can give redclyf a try, refugee camp rp is interesting ( you can dm me on disc Zolla#5586 if you're interested)

Dwarf Zealot Cult about Supreme Craftsmanship and spreading a philosophy across the dwarves through schemes and indoctrination, and using the group to create massive feats of craftsmanship.

You have my discord, sir.

you know where and how to find me

currently I am speedbuilding a city for next map, but so far I estimate I'll have 4 weeks of time left to do whatever again

Thank you to everyone who reached out. I think I have found a group to link up with during my prime time. You guys are wonderful.