[✗] Void Magic Lore - Electrical Evocation

DISCOLIQUID

I thought Id never see another Electric Evo. submission again. The fanbase for this magic are diehards. . . Its pretty refreshing actually.

A Minor nitpick, would you specify how this interacts with Enchanting, given the caveat of Electrical charges. Are there non-combat applications?

4 minutes ago, Luxury said:

I thought Id never see another Electric Evo. submission again. The fanbase for this magic are diehards. . . Its pretty refreshing actually.

A Minor nitpick, would you specify how this interacts with Enchanting, given the caveat of Electrical charges. Are there non-combat applications?

Non-combat electrical spells can be written after the combat ones are kinda nitpicked, but when casting enchantments, the charge is set into the enchantment. This means when you cast it, you set your charge. So, they're a little weaker. An enchantment with several low level casts of a single positive spell cannot be chain cast. This is how I prefer it, as it prevents people from taking the strongest lower level spells of this evocation and spamming them on cheap enchantments - a problem I find with translocation and earth evocation's lower level spells. 

I really want lightning evo back but this seems a bit.. Overthought maybe? I'll need some time to read it more in depth when I'm not working but I'll provide actual feedback then.

Later in the day edit: This lore is extremely underwhelming. You took the lightning out of the lightning. Could use a little more oomph. 

+1 anyway cause lightning evo love

ele evo again wowo 

I love that in place of the old heavy-hitting spells of old Electric Evocation, you've decided to go with a focus on crowd control abilities :)

I think for the most part you've actually dealt with the Scion combo issue very handily. With a limited and clearly defined spell list I don't think you've much to worry about, especially with the primary stun abilities being blocked by shields and requiring a full 3 emote count, regardless of connection, there are much better choices for Scions to use with their already precious mana pool. That being said a way you can remove more concern from Scion comboing...

Me and Samler do wonder though if it would be better to remove the mention of Scions under 'General Redlines of Electrical Evocation', specifically under 'Strict Mana Count' as Scions by lore and as stated by SquakHawk are limited to Tier 3 casting as a direct representation of their halved mana pool. We also can't cast Tier 5 spells, even with things like Augmentation as our bodies do not have the capacity for Mana as a result of the Scion ritual.

In this, as I understand it, a Tier 5 mage can cast 10 spells and Scions can cast 5 spells.

Your Spell Count for them is correct, but Scions shouldn't be able to cast Tier 4 & 5 spells as per Scion redlines, unless you're purposefully trying to give them Tier 4 & 5 spells at the cost of having it remove 3 casts from their Spell Count on account of the fact that this may be intended to be a less mana heavy magic because of the lack of direct damage?

Sorry if that's poorly worded, but it's the best I could manage lol

3 minutes ago, Lord_of_losers said:

I love that in place of the old heavy-hitting spells of old Electric Evocation, you've decided to go with a focus on crowd control abilities :)

I think for the most part you've actually dealt with the Scion combo issue very handily. With a limited and clearly defined spell list I don't think you've much to worry about, especially with the primary stun abilities being blocked by shields and requiring a full 3 emote count, regardless of connection, there are much better choices for Scions to use with their already precious mana pool. That being said a way you can remove more concern from Scion comboing...

Me and Samler do wonder though if it would be better to remove the mention of Scions under 'General Redlines of Electrical Evocation', specifically under 'Strict Mana Count' as Scions by lore and as stated by SquakHawk are limited to Tier 3 casting as a direct representation of their halved mana pool. We also can't cast Tier 5 spells, even with things like Augmentation as our bodies do not have the capacity for Mana as a result of the Scion ritual.

In this, as I understand it, a Tier 5 mage can cast 10 spells and Scions can cast 5 spells.

Your Spell Count for them is correct, but Scions shouldn't be able to cast Tier 4 & 5 spells as per Scion redlines, unless you're purposefully trying to give them Tier 4 & 5 spells at the cost of having it remove 3 casts from their Spell Count on account of the fact that this may be intended to be a less mana heavy magic because of the lack of direct damage?

Sorry if that's poorly worded, but it's the best I could manage lol

I actually forgot that Scions are limited to Tier 3. I'll reword it. 

1 minute ago, DISCOLIQUID said:

I actually forgot that Scions are limited to Tier 3. I'll reword it. 

Just stating Scions has 5 mana points (which is currently the half) and it's good.

cant wait to hit people with my discharge 

Holy smokes Lightning Evo makes a return but its not over powers? Gasp much wow I love it to death though.

+1 for Lightning go zap zap

makes me nostalgic to look at. the changes are swell too, I never felt good using this back in the days bc how the **** do you realistically dodge let alone survive a bolt of lightning 

I really like how practical and thought-out the this piece is, though I think it's a little on the strong side in its current state. That said, I think this could benefit from a little more flavor or cool interactions with other magics just so this isn't 'A voidal mages can shoot lightning now' thing