[Voidal Lore] The Art of Magic

The Art of Magic aims to provide a single spell addition available to any and all who hold at least one Voidal magic that is at least Tier 3 or above. It is intended to be freely available to meet this criteria without any sort of application, and is purely aesthetic in nature. I put it as a feat because I don't know where else it could go.

This is based on the 'Art' section of BrandNewKitten's Arcanism post from November 7th 2015, because I really miss the ability to do cool freeform and pretty stuff with my magic.

Link to that post here. Refer to 'Arcanism -> Art'

Spoiler

485017876_arcanismthing.thumb.png.a3cd2ae2bc77cb21f0f383b4ae0ff014.png

Imagination | Non-Combat | Freeform emote count

Imagination, much like transfiguration, is grounded in the manipulation of mana in the world, though not quite as complex. In essence, it is the ability to shape your own mana and project it into the world to take the form that you desire, hence why it assumes the caster's aura colour.

The caster is capable of creating streams, rivers, wisps, streaks and other formations that are entirely harmless out of this projected mana, provided it adheres to the redlines. You are free to be creative with what you make using Imagination. This could be from swirling patterns on the walls, mosaic patterns on the floors, miniature models of towns, buildings, so on.

Mechanics:

• [1] Emote to connect + [ 1 or 2 ] amount of emotes to build / cast.
    • Requires 1 additional emote for a 3 block radius, or 2 additional emotes for a 5 block radius,
  • Imagination requires at least one voidal magic at Tier 3 to use,
  • Imagination allows you to use your mana to create harmless artistic formations,
  • Imagination is always transparent, and provides no obscurement whatsoever,
  • Imagination takes on the aura colour(s) of the caster,
  • Imagination is freeform in nature. Please feel free to be creative. It's art.

Redlines:

• Imagination is temporary, ending when the caster disconnects,
  • Imagination is entirely harmless,
  • Imagination cannot create highly detailed images, including but not limited to people, specific items, maps books, etc
    • Imagination as a result cannot be used as a way to relay information such as faces or perfectly recreate things a caster has seen (no meta),
    • Imagination is however capable of crude shapes akin to a T3 evocationist,
  • Imagination is for strictly non-combat usage only,
    • Imagination cannot be used for any kind of advantage over another player,
  • Imagination provides no obscurement at all. It is transparent.
  • Imagination does not interact with any sense except sight,
    • No sounds, smells, touch or taste - it is NOT an illusion,
    • Imagination is very clearly not an illusion, and appears as an obvious manipulation of mana,
  • Imagination's colour is the same as the caster's aura colour,
  • Imagination is not able to be physically interacted with, any attempts to do so will fail and you will pass through it harmlessly and with no resistance,
  • Imagination is limited to a five block radius centred on the caster,
  • Imagination is dispelled immediately if it comes into contact with either Thanhium or Null Arcana, 
  • Imagination should not be used to be an annoying prick.

I like the essence of this post. I am personally imagining many ways to enhance my Voidal Magic roleplay utilizing this feature.

Simple, aesthetically appealing, and based in solid lore foundations.

Would be awesome for voidal art to have a proper place in lore seeing as how many people already roleplay it, or atleast something very similar to it

I personally think Housemagery is an insult to the void, and we should bring back the kinda generic voidal magic every mage had access to outside of combat that allowed for flavor like whisking up brooms to clean the home, or waving a hand to ignite the fireplace!

TLDR: I think you should expand this into a series of generic flavorful abilities accessible by all voidal magi

Amendments/Additions implemented into main lore post. Thank you for your submission. Moving to correct subforum to prevent redundancy and clutter.