The Final Will of Edward Oceantoe

Spoiler

[!] An odd event transpired on one foggy morning in Bywater. A man, who to all remembered had been dead for decades and missing for longer still, allowed his fate to be known to any who cared for remembered. That said, any who did remember were now long dead, and it was unlikely that any cared. He was not a loved man, his most famous achievement being the attempted assassination of Greta Goodbarrel. Nevertheless, his name was spoken once more on this foggy morning.

A message in a bottle that had been plucked from the sea was left at the foot of the tavern by a squire messenger, who was instructed by a short, hooded man one week prior to not allow anyone to intercept this message on threat of death. The squire complied, and upon dropping the message, fled into the distance before any could interrogate him. The message was uncorked and shared amongst the community, and the following is what it read.

"A plague o' the Weefolk who doomed me! I, Edward James Oceantoe, loyal servant of the Lady Arugula! Let ye who cast stones of hate 'pon me and pushed me out to sea be met with the wrath of the waves! Twenty years to the day it has been since my exile, and today I shall bring myself to face judgment in Arugulatide. An anchor 'round my ankle, I shall show you heretics what true piety means! The true nature of sacrifice for safety!"

"Let all that I still held in my name be passed on to the first man I deem worthy. I set forth trials to inherit that object which my name, in law, still binds. The Spicy Shrimp! Vessel of the wee, as deemed by The Lady, and thus shall be passed on by me. Whoever man thinks he has the right to sail in my inheritance, take yourself out to sea and face judgment at Arugulatide! May only the worthy survive!"