AN HONEST RETRACTION

critter

[A secondary, just-as-hasty missive, this one hailing from Karosgrad.]

pFJ8_GSfYPyhFCAku_HvC8gOdPHJfyphS9_8W1GsROk1qqGMAqb9AgQylmAKZhShjOD_72euiFaBaFumW_pWn6iiVBq9dr9kWMgry4JRflj8082ylT49jucGjXJpVMM0NvzF_ZgqKCOTdnM67bfqdrw

A FALSE THRONE SHALL BURN

I am a coward. It is an unfortunate symptom of sickliness; of a sheltered youth; of a crippling fear of death and its unknowns. Such is what drove my pen to move in favor of Adria, and my tongue to deception. I expected naught but the worst of fates, though prayed that if I remained alive I may be able to write this correction; and by miracle, I have been freed to face my error.

I do not ask forgiveness. There are undoubtedly men who will say I should have chosen death before dishonesty, and allowed GODAN to be my judge. Perhaps it was the influence of the Anathema Duke, or the prospects of a miserable end on Adrian soil. As it were, my previous publication is little more than evidence of my own character's failing, and the desperation of the Adrians to redeem themselves in the eyes of Almaris. I called the Duke Anathema to his face: I saw the way it chafed him so, and I found nothing in Adria except Sin and Unrighteousness. I do not doubt His Holiness the Pontiff; I do not doubt my King; I do not doubt the War, nor who Godan's favored are, and that we hail from the North.

Look in my prior lettering and know I did all my cowardice would allow. I am, in short, ashamed, and wish not to write again. I shall pursue my peace with Godan.

His Lordship, Fabian Otto Kortrevich

"IT WAS DEATH OR LIES!" Viorica shrieks from her stronghold within Jerovitz, having decoded the former missive only moments prior!

3 minutes ago, sarahbarah said:

"IT WAS DEATH OR LIES!" Viorica shrieks from her stronghold within Jerovitz, having decoded the former missive only moments prior!

Fabian Kortrevich runs home to his mamej, nursing a bruised head and a tattered ego.

"Et was death or lies. Ea see..." Viktor noted quietly, gripping the leather of the scabbard that weighed heavy at his hip now.

"This is absolutely disgusting... Haense holding this boy at knifepoint to retract his willingly-made and freely-expressed statement... We are the good guys," says Sir Joseph Vasile, one of the bad guys.

"Honestly you got me heated for a moment there. Got me a little upset. Got me aching to *places hand on the hilt of my sword. But I think this is fine. We're good now. You're good now." says Aleksandr Otto, one of the good guys?

Alyona watched from her position on the dividers as Fabian was attended to by Amaya Colborn for his 'ouchies'. She jested, she mused, but a little thought rummaged through the back of her head. To use his own weapon, the pen, against him - what a terrible thing. The young baroness grimaced when the Kortrevich let out his groans of pain. Surely, maybe, things will be alright... she hoped.

"Disgraceful. You think I sung of Alec's praises when I was captured- foolish boy." Borris frowned deeply upon hearing the crying child in the room upstairs.

Just now, Mio said:

"Honestly you got me heated for a moment there. Got me a little upset. Got me aching to *places hand on the hilt of my sword. But I think this is fine. We're good now. You're good now." says Aleksandr Otto, one of the good guys?

Fabian Kortrevich, morality ambiguous but anxiety perpetual, sweats.

After setting aside the first missive to read this one, and in conjunction with his new-found experiences, Audo Weiss could only conclude one thing: "This Adrian menace is worse than I realised." He muttered.

That once eerie boy he certainly pitied. Taking a breath, he lifted a jar of Zvaervauld Lilac Honey to check the quality of the contents. "Nobody can be quite sure how they'll act until they're in the fire. At least you had the sense to stay on the right side..." He mused.