[Amendment] Telekinetic Atronach Limbs

Bonito

Lore Page:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/187772-%E2%9C%93-arcane-feat-addition-atronach-limbs/

Purpose:

I noticed that atronach limbs have non-combative, elemental traits to them all with the exception of telekinesis. This amendment aims to give them something more substantial than a temporary combat strength buff while closer aligning them with the capacity of other atronach limbs.

Original

Spoiler

Strength [Combat/Non-Combat] - While telekinetic atronach’s cousins are fluent in a particular evocated element, the telekinesis atronach possess vast strength rather than a casting ability. This trait carries onto atronach limbs forged from the powers of telekinesis, granting the wearer great strength they did not possess before.

Mechanics

• Strength permits one with a Telekinesis Atronach arm bolstered strength akin to that of an orc in that specific limb. The strength, however, is not constant, requiring some form of activation.
  • Strength requires two emotes to activate and can be maintained for eight emotes before fading. It can be used after a ten emote cooldown.
  • When not using Strength, a Telekinesis Atronach Limb has the same strength of the wearer’s base strength.

Amendment

Spoiler

Telekinetic Affinity [Non-Combat] - While telekinetic atronach’s cousins are fluent in a particular evocated element, the telekinesis atronach possess vast strength. This subdued trait carries on to atronach limbs forged from the powers of telekinesis, granting the wearer strength to manipulate objects as if they moved on their own.

Mechanics

• Telekinetic Affinity allows for the wielder of an Atronach Limb to manipulate objects within a [3] block radius; be that to make items float, move heavy debris out of the way, open doors on their own, etc. This cannot be used combatively.
  • The wielder cannot manipulate objects larger than themself. While smaller animals can be moved, players cannot. Again, this cannot be used combatively.
  • The heavier an object, the slower it travels and more difficult it is to move.
  • Objects traveling at high speeds (anything faster than a thrown ball) cannot be suddenly stopped.
  • Multiple objects can be moved at once, but their combined weight cannot exceed the user's racial strength.
  • A Telekinesis Atronach Limb has strength equal to a voidal mage's base limb strength.

No more busted Orc strength limbs, yay!

NoOoOo' teared up emoji emote (Twitch commonly used emote) :  r/MemeRestoration

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOW ELSE AM I GOING TO POWERGAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The hero of (our) Time

what about the other limbs having some combat utility, like earth being able to form itself into a blade n shi

WHEN YOU NEED A HEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

19 minutes ago, TreeSmoothie said:

what about the other limbs having some combat utility, like earth being able to form itself into a blade n shi

im 90% certain they can’t do that as the limb elemental affinities are all listed as non combat and say it cannot be used in combat, iirc in the redlines

I agree with the change, though I don't think telekinetic limbs should have better telekinesis that actual tier 5 transfigurationists. It should either be equivalent to move object for a tier 3 transfigurationist like the other limbs are or the spell should be buffed as well.

4 minutes ago, ClassyBells said:

I agree with the change, though I don't think telekinetic limbs should have better telekinesis that actual tier 5 transfigurationists. It should either be equivalent to move object for a tier 3 transfigurationist like the other limbs are or the spell should be buffed as well.

I kinda agree with this and think a more appropriate alternative would be to just give the limb Alter Position, if that’d be better - which if I recall is already a T3 spell. This whole topic was brought up recently actually and if you want to read it word search for “telekinetic” in the story team disc

bros...... it's so over

I said something stupid 

I would prefer to see a specification that the strength would be affected by voidal weakness or similiar effects. As well as the telekinetic manipulation be nerfed down to equalivant of a T3 Transfigurationist. As I read it, sounds as it is better than a T5 transfigurationist, which is weird. 

When you pay extra to get an orc strength limb that you think is really cool and people decide that your atronach limb should now have no combat special effects because they want you to die apparently

On 4/4/2023 at 10:43 PM, High_On_Math said:

When you pay extra to get an orc strength limb that you think is really cool and people decide that your atronach limb should now have no combat special effects because they want you to die apparently

currently, it is purely optimal to have all four of your limbs removed and replaced with tk atronach limbs. there are no downsides. there is no reason to use any other arm, including organics.

this change is desperately needed.

On 4/4/2023 at 3:46 PM, ClassyBells said:

It should either be equivalent to move object for a tier 3 transfigurationist like the other limbs are or the spell should be buffed as well.

On 4/4/2023 at 3:52 PM, Lord_of_losers said:

a more appropriate alternative would be to just give the limb Alter Position, if that’d be better - which if I recall is already a T3 spell.

On 4/4/2023 at 9:06 PM, Samler said:

I would prefer to see a specification that the strength would be affected by voidal weakness or similiar effects. As well as the telekinetic manipulation be nerfed down to equalivant of a T3 Transfigurationist.

ty for feedback! changes applied but lmk if i missed something