Community Team Update - March 2023

HogoBojo

0jkRIomeQ0toPBy4hAhrvSGsueSVaRxbfmpR-jgs2u5SZQOzuRBaM7mxoMV8aloJSnWj1nYQjeOUP3LrG-EmHw_13eU1sA427JdSqS9s7KSiLcTkU3pNDh6cg1LTwuBbFpFTMcgG

COMMUNITY TEAM UPDATE

[Posted March 2023]

5SFWJFPu0V7MQZi0gb0YJDRo0D6BeKD6A8kczeaQOpJznjFZitZFQNAgXgz6N62R6RHF3-7JWklKFXy6lnS7sCpkVCkuD6ISy1kaLmXTPWhNnPH-Fy_JTdXK1Lc5aEs6HFt63Rd-

INTRODUCTION

Howdy everyone, I hope that you are all doing well! Once again, here we are with another jam packed team update. As always, we’ve been hard at work on a variety of different things. I hope that through this update, it can shine some light and give you all the chance to get a glance at some of what we have been working on. It’s been a busy month for the team, and I’m proud and very appreciative of all the work that each and every one of them has done. Thus, without further ado, I’ll let you get onto the update.

5SFWJFPu0V7MQZi0gb0YJDRo0D6BeKD6A8kczeaQOpJznjFZitZFQNAgXgz6N62R6RHF3-7JWklKFXy6lnS7sCpkVCkuD6ISy1kaLmXTPWhNnPH-Fy_JTdXK1Lc5aEs6HFt63Rd-

CURRENT ROSTER

fAD5YLwG8hRGRzbeXouzg7d2s5iopjovf9Wl1Lgg

INTRODUCTION - APPLICATIONS

Applications are a crucial part of the server as a whole, serving as the gateway for new players to join our wonderful community. Due to this, it is important that the team works diligently to not only review these applications, but assist potential players with theirs, if needed. As many of you may be aware, we experienced a large influx of applications this month, with much of this being able to be attributed to the President Plays LotC Tik Tok videos made by the amazing subprofits & Orlanth. Myself, as well as my entire team was ecstatic to see so many people apply to the server, and we worked hard to review them all, with many of us staying up late into the night as we chatted and worked on the applications that were up. I’d just like to close this topic with a large thank you to all who helped towards the Application-effort this month. From our Media workers who contribute to Application submissions, to our Application Reviewers, this was a joint team-effort to see this all through, and I am greatly appreciative to them all.

Additionally, I shall be returning Application updates on a regular basis, which will contain all of the usual Application statistics. These posts will be made a few days after the end of a month.

Please note that the Racial & Timezone Data provided below will only be shown for accepted players.

APPLICATIONS - March

During March, we saw a total of 462 applications submitted and reviewed. Out of these, 337 new players were accepted! Our accepted percentage ratio this month was around 73%.

Please note that the Racial & Timezone Data shown will only be shown for accepted players.

- Applications per Application Team Member -

Spoiler

4c7mv3-DkucJon3qNr7Kmqgwzmf0tWOWMnnC8bct

- Accepted/Denied Ratios -

Spoiler

ekiJnE-z72nHTmf4sKrKQXfUAIsQu_tgtAuEXMzK

- Race-Specific Data -

Spoiler

WKOlixvWk2lmiCWplE1cko_jURwL71m2-1LEracn

E5Wq16Gc3aJM-aT_LfDnFtouBYXagri2XwKt7joP

iyfBpe_X04gx9zlA-_JUaAKuD3aLHevOW6CK5DTS

-AgNvtl0XF5Up98WMshsAvvd_S2wVZBfiUsnvzf-

R17h4WetK3pW84WEp3iHB5U3AzGX4WsN36-8rQ9o

- TimeZone Data -

Spoiler

VmKR6Dfx65mjCnxFw3QXZgkZWdQry6vrLMI_zLcb

- Raw Application Data -

Spoiler

- Racial Data -

- Humans -

Spoiler

Total: 154

Adunian: 20

Heartlander: 19

Highlander: 24

Farfolk: 18

No Subrace: 73

- Elves -

Spoiler

Total: 104

Wood: 27

Dark: 41

High: 25

No Subrace: 11

- Dwarves -

Spoiler

Total: 41

Cave: 12

Mountain: 12

Forest: 4

No Subrace: 13

- Orcs -

Spoiler

Total: 24

Orc: 15

Goblin: 9

- Halflings -

Spoiler

Total: 14

- Timezone Data -

Spoiler

Oceania: 15

America: 292

Europe: 30

- Accepted/Denied Ratio -

Spoiler

Total: 462

Accepted: 240

Pending-Accepted: 97

Pending-Denied: 89

Denied: 36

APPLICATION MONARCH

The title of Application Queen for March goes to @AnimeWolf0080

Ol33A4jZewKy-BVi3pi3XLD7sgnVzpNl0X9xtsII

With 119 applications reviewed this month, @AnimeWolf0080 is our reigning Application Monarch of March,

followed by @Smol and @SaviourMeme.

COMMITMENT UPDATES

Media Team

Yoyoyo, Media Team back at it again with another update and a call out to the community (as always). As most of you may know, during the last month, we had one of our TikTok’s start trending (shoutout to @subatomic and @Orlanth). Currently sitting at 200,000 views, the TikTok brought a huge influx of new players to the server, and a huge push to our TikTok page in general. Bringing our follower count up to 1.2k and all uploads post the explosion reaching 5k views on average. Outside of the TikTok, we have been hard at work producing content for the new map, having released a small teaser trailer two weeks ago and with more videos to come before the big move (look out for some more screenshots on our social media platforms!) And last but not least, amongst the videos for the next map, we hope to sprinkle some videos that are nearing completion, amongst them the Part 2 of @Smol Dwarven Spotlight video. As always, we welcome any and all suggestions for videos, be it for Youtube or TikTok, as well as posts for the Social Medias, if you have any ideas, feel free to message one of our amazing Media Team members on the forums or discord.

Wiki

NEWEST UPDATES

Heyo everyone, back at it again with another Community Wiki Team update. Over the last little while, we’ve been hard at work keeping the wiki up to date on the various ongoings of the server, as well as working well into some of our larger planned projects, alongside keeping track of the recent rebellion in Aaun, which we update and fix with the help of the community involved as soon as new information needs to be added, i.e. any new battles, raids, casualties, etc. At the same time, we also have our longer-term project with the creation of the Magic Hub for the Wiki; we decided that instead of trying to rewrite each piece of magic lore and keep up with any amendments and changes, we would simply create a centralized place that lists all the various magics, gives a brief explanation on it and then for further reading, provides a link to the lore on the forums.

WIKI TEAM GOALS

While we continue to work on the larger more group based projects, some of our members will be working on a couple projects of their personal interest.  These will include, but are not limited to completing the rework of the human culture page. Revising dwarven lore, and history old and new to be easier to understand as well as general updates to dwarven pages. Creating new and interesting graphics for some of our larger wiki pages, making them easier and more pleasing to read. Updating settlement guides for our last little stretch of time on Almaris, and continuing to clean up certain lore pages. And last but not least, prepping hard for the map transition so the switch is smooth and seamless on the Wiki.

Community Services

Howdy everyone, I am here to provide an update on what’s going on with Community Services. For those of you who don’t know, Community Services is the project group that works on Map Art and Pastes. We’ve done quite a lot of Map Art and Pastes since we’ve taken on these duties and this group was created. I am very thankful to all who have helped in this group to provide these awesome services to the playerbase.

With that being said, with the next maps release coming sooner by the day, the Administration has decided to cut-off Pastes in two-weeks from this date. Should you still wish to get a paste, you are still able to request one by creating a /creq, with each block still costing 0.1 to paste, spare some natural block exceptions. Please keep in mind that if a large influx of pastes comes at the last minute, some pastes might unfortunately be turned away, but we’ll try to accommodate as many as we can. In regards to Map Art, that service shall continue running for another two weeks before being temporarily paused, also due to the coming next map.

Events

After some down time for the event section, we are back hard at work as we prepare for our next event. We shall be returning the loved Easter egg hunt that we carried out the year prior. As CT’s last event of Almaris, we hope to end it off with a bit of searching and fun, as players can go around exploring Almaris and enjoying the sights before we move to the next map. Additionally, we are preparing the return of Battle of the Arts and Crusade of the Creative contests.

TEAM DIRECTION & CONCLUSION

- Goals Over the Last Month -

This month had quite a few goals, but the main one was being the continued focus on our Media presence. There is always room for innovation and improvement, but I am very impressed with the work that has been done for the Media this month and am confident that we surpassed our primary goal.

- This Month’s Goals -

This month's goals will be the continued Media focus, as we attempt to pull more players in, as well as create some hype and release sneak peaks regarding the next map. Additionally, we will also focus on the various Wiki goals and projects that we have set. Finally, we will continue our work towards reducing Application wait times, and work towards a smooth and fast experience to get potential players onto the server.

- Conclusion -

Overall, I believe that this month has definitely been a productive one, with lots being accomplished, and much learned. As I’ve said all throughout this post, I’m very proud of my team and their efforts, and will close this post with thanking them again for their steadfast hard work.

Need help? Feel free to contact a community team member via the forums, Discord, or you can use the command /creq in-game and a member can help you out there!

How many of the 337 stuck?

So many apps

not chorale slackin 

<3

*jaw drops to floor, eyes pop out of sockets accompanied by trumpets, heart beats out of chest, awooga awooga sound effect, pulls chain on train whistle that has appeared next to head as steam blows out, slams fists on table, rattling any plates, bowls or silverware, whistles loudly, fireworks shoot from top of head, pants loudly as tongue hangs out of mouth, wipes comically large bead of sweat from forehead, clears throat, straightens tie, combs hair* 

Ahem, that's a very good community update.

Next month please provide info on how many of those accepted this month actually continued playing into the next one

We really need more EUs...