Player Conduct Policy

Llir

3 hours ago, Burnsider said:

The way that frill has defamed and harassed multiple people on LOTC since his ban (and recruited others to do the same) has more than warranted his exclusion from this community for all time. The fact that people continually prop him up as some pillar of the community is continually shocking to me.

People have been doing what frill does for years I think staff are just mad he does it better than most. All he does it point out whats wrong and ridicules those that deserve ridicule

5 hours ago, Burnsider said:

The way that frill has defamed and harassed multiple people on LOTC since his ban (and recruited others to do the same) has more than warranted his exclusion from this community for all time. The fact that people continually prop him up as some pillar of the community is continually shocking to me.

Sometimes there's nothing wrong you can do on LOTC.

I agree with defining the punishments, I don't agree with the fact that it just allows a bad interpretation of it when you guys are not admins. You might understand now but in 10 years, minor toxicity and even roleplay could get reported and banned.

I would just try to find the middle ground and try to define what does this policy affects, does it affects player emotes ?

If your character is at war, he might do "harassment" but there should be nothing personal in the end.

If you make a comment about "Adria smelling like shit" on ooc and someone gets offended, does the person gets banned for that ?

I would implement a system where there is a reverse ban where the person gets a one-time warning and 365 day watch period and any other infraction leads to a 2-5 years ban. Then when you get through probation, and get caught later on you stay on it, you get banned for lifetime.

But I agree on working on defining a policy on it, really good work overall.

Edited by Charles The Bald

5 hours ago, Werew0lf said:

provide examples plz 

So I'm not able to speak to what I saw about others while on the mod team. But I will say that frill has called me a nazi pig and that he believes I'm a supporter of child molesters.

IOe9nQ7CoQUJJHKE7cLwR-uWnKIlNbKtk0KKW2HaxXUdYHawbuoBSwGbn2Dz02Za04iRfvgpO6fKcGxlNGcs2_dikN5t-B12eqGMGOZwjbDA0stbvrPjxwnm-LOk8Cni658I-ygsr0fi5nH9gvM6jwY

I'll note that, since I posted this morning, he's deleted several of the DMs he sent me. That was rather timely. Wonder who he is on the forums or who told him to do so. 

EmdtaqvFvV1KMuHny0akzJiEIMaRaBhrFrM0cvj7pgHLqvwegKl2Fx8BhByjATB6M8i3Xe1n23CZOjMFs7dmjEynVxpUi24YkHH163PGeKCt3S0LHlyT-jW21sgPNRvk3NE08-ia-be18ku8w_mlGng

Other friends of his, when I would ban his forum alts (as is required by the rules) would come out of the woodwork and call me a pedophile. I have lost those DMs though and cannot find them.

Probably my favorite bit of harassment came from Herculean_Wud. 

yhRnEcatsL_vRwKcdglMpeLDPF72pCyFTnJM1eaP2TnLXuQ3q0hc54KW7u3jQHZLGrjIfekdKGPQC_aUzyhqljq6G_UqzHbXQq5xh7OGaZAOc894rtosoyS4RcIe8-Nldd_vSCSYL2HFE5jowTPEHJY

EDIT: And just now, having posted this above, I'm getting this:

JHd6vmMQdWt1UoQMIHJ__WDL0d5lHyQSK33PC08Puw7Q0FUqs6_DWEqmu9FZGkVdkE1W3ih-tRkMM80KF51Fk4HmI-8HXVK8LYmHlaBVsZxvfVkz2jGQo0ftKhZtyjPLYhOCePMF6QvDiC62HTONba0

Obviously no big deal compared to what some have experienced, but this is what happens whenever any dares question frill. Anyone know who Walter#2620 is?

34 minutes ago, Burnsider said:

So I'm not able to speak to what I saw about others while on the mod team. But I will say that frill has called me a nazi pig and that he believes I'm a supporter of child molesters.

IOe9nQ7CoQUJJHKE7cLwR-uWnKIlNbKtk0KKW2HaxXUdYHawbuoBSwGbn2Dz02Za04iRfvgpO6fKcGxlNGcs2_dikN5t-B12eqGMGOZwjbDA0stbvrPjxwnm-LOk8Cni658I-ygsr0fi5nH9gvM6jwY

I'll note that, since I posted this morning, he's deleted several of the DMs he sent me. That was rather timely. Wonder who he is on the forums or who told him to do so. 

EmdtaqvFvV1KMuHny0akzJiEIMaRaBhrFrM0cvj7pgHLqvwegKl2Fx8BhByjATB6M8i3Xe1n23CZOjMFs7dmjEynVxpUi24YkHH163PGeKCt3S0LHlyT-jW21sgPNRvk3NE08-ia-be18ku8w_mlGng

Other friends of his, when I would ban his forum alts (as is required by the rules) would come out of the woodwork and call me a pedophile. I have lost those DMs though and cannot find them.

not gonna speak on this part. if the above is true, dont tolerate it

34 minutes ago, Burnsider said:

yhRnEcatsL_vRwKcdglMpeLDPF72pCyFTnJM1eaP2TnLXuQ3q0hc54KW7u3jQHZLGrjIfekdKGPQC_aUzyhqljq6G_UqzHbXQq5xh7OGaZAOc894rtosoyS4RcIe8-Nldd_vSCSYL2HFE5jowTPEHJY

EDIT: And just now, having posted this above, I'm getting this:

JHd6vmMQdWt1UoQMIHJ__WDL0d5lHyQSK33PC08Puw7Q0FUqs6_DWEqmu9FZGkVdkE1W3ih-tRkMM80KF51Fk4HmI-8HXVK8LYmHlaBVsZxvfVkz2jGQo0ftKhZtyjPLYhOCePMF6QvDiC62HTONba0

these arent frill n seem irrelevant 

above two dont speak on his behalf

im still of the opinion frill is a good pillar of the community n has helped offer many helpful safety policies to the point [redacted] admin approached him for it n some admin[s] still talk to him 

1 hour ago, Burnsider said:

Anyone know who Walter#2620 is?

I wonder who this Walter fella is

5 hours ago, Burnsider said:

That is not wud, i can confirm lmao. 

As someone who saw and helped with some minor edits for this Player Conduct section, I am thankful that more policies and guidelines are being published.

I have also handed over documents detailing my personal concerns w the current rules, and an entire rewrite of the rules for the Staff to examine and pick apart as they please.

I hope they continue on this path and update our rules to match our policies. I hope they make it much more apparent what is NOT going to be tolerated on our server - in regards to both harassment and the safety of minors. 

Spoiler

I wrote this comment after a Work Easter Event, apologies if anything sounds odd.

First a poorly managed case by the admins, now an even worse policy update. Lotc sure is trying whatever it can to make the egirls happy.

5 hours ago, kazoo said:

First a poorly managed case by the admins, now an even worse policy update. Lotc sure is trying whatever it can to make the egirls happy.

Cope

never knew i would live to see the day where LoTC and Discord became the same platform, as all i see nowadays is people bringing discord into the server 

18 hours ago, MisterBlitzkrieg said:

9k.png?width=330&height=184

Yes

On 4/5/2023 at 11:38 PM, Enlightenment said:

I think unwillingly's point is that there are some things that are unforgivable and that should absolutely not be on the server, ibraheem.

On 4/6/2023 at 2:44 AM, LoTC's Next Top Model said:

if you just said some edgy shit in the past that's fine, but if you were a down and out pedophile or serial sexual harrasser there's no statute of limitations and you still get banned, is more or less the point of this.

On 4/6/2023 at 8:11 AM, Unwillingly said:

my perspective is that calling someone the f or n-word in 2016 is way different than, for example, having a full blown conversation about how you want to bring physical or sexual harm to them in various ways

I don't think either are acceptable behavior, but one is arguably more incriminating than the other. ofc this is very situational and depends on the "who and what," but not all dialogue should be treated the same

tldr what @Enlightenmentsaid

Thank you guys very much, this was extremely helpful <3