What is a Knight

Penned by the Knight Paramount

6th of Gronna and Droba

vqvOSjV6JeqnPzklyKv7MKQVedJA4TSbR3hxRZlWK1tV6qbFOQaDVn-AJpGifWTyrkKKALDi3NEikv88CY8wcBOxcej20TxsHhurEP_DpPTmHN88KNHvNpzwUyUVzmaqTFXJQuGztbU6ul2cXnN_UDA

It has always been a childhood dream of mine to one day be a knight of the Kingdom of Hanseti and Ruska. I always remember hearing stories about the deeds knights would do and the adventures these brave knights always went on. I knew this is what I wanted to be, to have my name sung from the crowds, for Vladimir var Ruthern to be a name known to everyone. I wanted to be a hero. 

Now I am a knight, and I live according to the ideals I have set for myself. Now I must ask myself as Knight Paramount, ‘What is a Knight?’ What ideals do I wish for my knights, squires, and pages to live by as they grow and progress? Here are some of the ideals I aspire for my knights to embody: 

A knight must be chivalrous, they are to defend the land and its inhabitants. They must be willing to shield the defenseless.

A knight must be loyal, we are to defend the Kingdom to our last breaths. We cannot die as long as the Kingdom stands. 

A knight must be heroic, the people should look to us. We should be models for children and people to aspire to be like.

When the Kingdom calls, We will answer. That is our duty. I will not let my knights fall to complacency, rust will not be what kills us. If by the time I have resigned or perished, and there are not multiple knights to take my place and lead the order to greater heights than I could, then I will have failed in my job. It is my wish for the knights who will rise underneath me to be better than I.

I am merely just the next chapter in this tale, and I will make sure the next chapter is even better than mine. 

Signed, 

Ser Vladimir ‘Hothand’

Knight Paramount

The child, Stanislaw Weiss, happily chews on the parchment. 

The child, Walter Weiss spills fingerpaints all over himself as his brother chewed on the missive!

46 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

The child, Stanislaw Weiss, chews on the parchment happily. 

"Now, now, this isn't food." Audo Weiss attempted to gently pry the parchment from his GOD-sent son. "Let it go, padrevar." When he underestimated the determination of the child it tore slightly so he resorted to individually unhooking his fingers until the parchment was retrieved. 

"Getting into everything these days, even the mail..." He grumbled as he straightened to bring the chewed missive firmly out of reach. Upon reading it, he smiled. A simple missive with a simple message - but thoroughly Vladimir. "We won't let vy down, Ser."

22 minutes ago, SethWolf said:

The child, Walter Weiss spills fingerpaints all over himself as his brother chewed on the missive!

Upon lowering the missive, Audo's gaze fell to the young heir. A small sigh escaped him. "Abstract." He mused with a smile. "But clumsy. Well, ea guess let's thank GOD vy will never be a knight. Maybe we'll seek vy a career in the arts." He joked, lightly ruffling Walter's hair as he chuckled to himself. Turning to a waiting servant he instructed: "Get a bath heated."