Medical Discoveries in the Treatment of Mori'Quessir Induced Ails

Viktor var Ruthern nodded slightly as he read the Weiss missive from his quarters in Druzstra Keep, the teen's expression set sternly. He struck his first Mori when he was just a boy, but he was certain there were many more to come yet. The war was not through yet.

"Dobry work, Lord Haus. Now et es up to the Brotherhood to learn et well." He murmured, before pushing to a stand, and making to collect his bow.

Edited by ContestedSnow

Audo Weiss pulled a shoddily-printed missive from the wall as he gazed over the information. At his heels, a stark-white yet quickly growing direwolf pup cast its gaze upwards - but it moved to patiently sit. Perhaps his brother wasn't as inclined as him towards the actual fighting, but he was fighting in his own way - and that was something he could be proud of. Finally, there was something to admire with no if, ands, buts, or lies about it. 

Now if only Carolus could issue an ongoing beastiary... 

A letter is penned and sent back, with haste. . . 

Spoiler

To the good Ser Weiss,

The spider venom of which you speak is localized to a specific type of spider called the Whitespinner. Whitespinners act a singular being, rather then their own individuals, and will swarm victims to bite them. One must be astutely aware of the affects of removing the venom from the body, as the victim will be overwhelmed with the pain as the anesthetic effect is more or less, washed away.  I recommend continued dosage of Tranquil Draughts until the patient is safely away from the site of danger.

Submergence in a warm bath prepared with a balm of Alabaster Leaf is preferable in cases of swarm victims as we've seen here out in the Marches. The best indicator of a swarm victim is the acrid scent of bile, as Whitespinner Venom seems to be utilized to dissolve prey, hence the paralytic and anesthetic quality of the venom. It's unsure where the Whitespinners are from originally but we in the March have been identify a few traits of their nests in order to avoid them. . . 

1. Webs of stickier quality then normal spidersilk.

Whitespinner Silk is capable of catching a blade untorn.

2. Hollow Corpses

From what I can tell, Whitespinners are a picky predator,

they seldom eat the whole corpse. I recommend burning any

corpses you find, as I fear they may use them for nesting.

3. Mutated Creatures

This aims to be particularly true of the Whitespinner Nest that stretches

between the Barrows and Amathea. Creatures are strangely afflicted by

their continued existance among Whitespinners, such as a

Deepsnake developing spider-like qualities (additional eyes, legs, etc).

thefucker.png?width=501&height=675

Last of all- you must remember that Whitespinners loathe the light, nearly as much as they loathe descendant kind. The light of a lantern and the burn of a Will O' Bottle is safe keeping well enough.

DeleSign.png.522481c6a15e63552573390519248236.png

Onon seemed rather proud and happy about hearing about the fact Haus has contributed a good bit on the war medical field just saying to himself  "Great! No suprise though, he is one of the best if not the best around in standard medicine!"  Nod noding his head to himself before continuing to go about his day

2 hours ago, Seuss said:

Carolus is WORKING ON IT MAN @Frostdrop1

Carolus should WORK FASTER ON IT MAN @Seuss

Spoiler

jkjk take your time, Slowbro ;)

The Crown Princess of Helious took intreasted as one of her servant ladies gave her the missive. She took read, adding it to her journal of different notes.

“Haus Weiss Hmm?”

One Colborn in particular reads this over quickly. He had no idea the Mori even had such means of attack... but, then, he hadn't interacted with them much, only their little underlings.

Towards the end of the document, he nods approvingly, making his way over to show this to his father. @Kaladin Stormblessed

"Gudi job, Haus... Ve really need everything ve can get."

Fabian hastily takes notes from the missive in his own healer's journal, bobbing his head as he vows to "pester dear Haus for further counsel..." soon. Perhaps over tea.

Via Weiss had immediately procured a copy of her own. It may have some ink splotches, but it was still legible and therefore more then good enough!

Her gaze slipped over the missive, and she frowned. Nothing on the plagued skin she saw induced by the Great Locusts. She still didn't know how to help that, save for what little the patient mentioned after she stopped their bleeding and stabilized them.

Nonetheless, she took note of the other treatments, read them over and over as she tried to imprint them in her mind. She'll know for next time because she knew deep down there will be a next time.

2 hours ago, Demented_Delila said:

A letter is penned and sent back, with haste. . . 

Reveal hidden contents

To the good Ser Weiss,

The spider venom of which you speak is localized to a specific type of spider called the Whitespinner. Whitespinners act a singular being, rather then their own individuals, and will swarm victims to bite them. One must be astutely aware of the affects of removing the venom from the body, as the victim will be overwhelmed with the pain as the anesthetic effect is more or less, washed away.  I recommend continued dosage of Tranquil Draughts until the patient is safely away from the site of danger.

Submergence in a warm bath prepared with a balm of Alabaster Leaf is preferable in cases of swarm victims as we've seen here out in the Marches. The best indicator of a swarm victim is the acrid scent of bile, as Whitespinner Venom seems to be utilized to dissolve prey, hence the paralytic and anesthetic quality of the venom. It's unsure where the Whitespinners are from originally but we in the March have been identify a few traits of their nests in order to avoid them. . . 

1. Webs of stickier quality then normal spidersilk.

Whitespinner Silk is capable of catching a blade untorn.

2. Hollow Corpses

From what I can tell, Whitespinners are a picky predator,

they seldom eat the whole corpse. I recommend burning any

corpses you find, as I fear they may use them for nesting.

3. Mutated Creatures

This aims to be particularly true of the Whitespinner Nest that stretches

between the Barrows and Amathea. Creatures are strangely afflicted by

their continued existance among Whitespinners, such as a

Deepsnake developing spider-like qualities (additional eyes, legs, etc).

thefucker.png?width=501&height=675

Last of all- you must remember that Whitespinners loathe the light, nearly as much as they loathe descendant kind. The light of a lantern and the burn of a Will O' Bottle is safe keeping well enough.

[!]

Corrections are sent out the next Saint's Morning, with all references to Mori'Quessir Spider Venom being changed to Whitespinner Venom. In addition, a letter in penned back in equal haste...

Spoiler

Firress Seregon,

Thank you for your letter - I've come across these Whitespinners before and what I'm assuming to be the mutated Deepsnake you mention. The particular Whitespinners I came across had stingers in addition to jaws per the drawing, but they behaved as described - incredibly fearful of fire and light. 

I worry that repeated usage of Tranquil Draught could result in longer term problems, but that is a luxury most cannot consider - especially if the venom dissolves the patient in addition to the other symptoms caused.  

I've been lucky enough to never come across a victim of a swarm attack as you describe, though I will keep the treatment in mind should one ever present. Perhaps it would be a good idea to start documenting a list of Mori'Quessir induced ails and treatments - I imagine they're only going to become more common across Almaris. Best of Luck in your Medical Endeavors.

791301979_HausWeissSignature.png.f869fb0bb17ea44472c351bd1e071a34.png

Haus Weiss

2 hours ago, Nilyeet said:

One Colborn in particular reads this over quickly. He had no idea the Mori even had such means of attack... but, then, he hadn't interacted with them much, only their little underlings.

Towards the end of the document, he nods approvingly, making his way over to show this to his father. @Kaladin Stormblessed

"Gudi job, Haus... Ve really need everything ve can get."

The father in question, Ser Baldrum Colborn would read the missive thoroughly "Haus did a pretty gudi job here, but I am nejt really gudi in treating injuries mik son." 

Kin rubber the lower part of his leg as he read the missive. "Glad I was able to help in some way" he chuckled to himself as he then when back to prepping some more paint to draw.

12 hours ago, PrimnyaQuorum said:

[!]

Corrections are sent out the next Saint's Morning, with all references to Mori'Quessir Spider Venom being changed to Whitespinner Venom. In addition, a letter in penned back in equal haste...

Hide contents

Firress Seregon,

Thank you for your letter - I've come across these Whitespinners before and what I'm assuming to be the mutated Deepsnake you mention. The particular Whitespinners I came across had stingers in addition to jaws per the drawing, but they behaved as described - incredibly fearful of fire and light. 

I worry that repeated usage of Tranquil Draught could result in longer term problems, but that is a luxury most cannot consider - especially if the venom dissolves the patient in addition to the other symptoms caused.  

I've been lucky enough to never come across a victim of a swarm attack as you describe, though I will keep the treatment in mind should one ever present. Perhaps it would be a good idea to start documenting a list of Mori'Quessir induced ails and treatments - I imagine they're only going to become more common across Almaris. Best of Luck in your Medical Endeavors.

791301979_HausWeissSignature.png.f869fb0bb17ea44472c351bd1e071a34.png

Haus Weiss

[!]

Another letter is sent back. . . 

Spoiler

Ser Weiss,

I invite you to come meet with me in the Marches. Our Scholarium is quite nice. Be careful on the road here, though. There's all sorts of chaos around here. Maybe letter me, before you do, though.