Ask Me Anything!!!

Liam5232

I'm bored at the moment, so I thought this could be a fun thing to do. I am also applying for mod, so this may be a fun way to get a feel for who exactly I am if you haven't met me before.
A bit about me: I am working on getting my firefighter 1 + 2 and Hazmat certification, and have my EMR and BLS certification. I know a bit about coding and have ran a few Anti-Doxxing services in the past. 

So, without further ado, AMA!

What brought you to the server?

What's your favorite aspect about LotC?

If you could fix one issue about the server and have everything be executed efficiently, what would you fix?

Favorite book you've read?

1 hour ago, UnBaed said:

If you could fix one issue about the server and have everything be executed efficiently, what would you fix?

Favorite book you've read?

I was originally part of a server name Lanthyr. It was the first dedicated server I'd joined. During this time, I met several members (though I no longer remember their names), and played for a few months off-and-on. The server was very small and such had limited active hours, so during this time I looked around and found LOTC. This was several years ago, and I remember thinking about how this seems like a professional place where only experienced people play. I decided I would play on Lanthyr, working my way up to be "good enough" to join, and I had fun there, but the group was small, and after 2 merges and a rebrand, the server dissolved into nothingness, and I went my own direction. I played several games, and joined a few groups that eventually had social civil wars. I remember finding this server almost by accident one day as I looked at "Minecraft Roleplay Servers". When I loaded up the homepage, I immediately remembered what this place was, and thus, I joined and found my way through the server.

I'm not sure I can pick out one particular thing, but overall it's the ability to meet so many people and their characters. The ability to write a story alongside friends. The openness of the community to new players was something I loved. Within the first week, I had been taught everything I would need to know and from there, I was meeting people from Aaun, Norland, The Vale, Urguan. Overall, my favorite part of LOTC is just the open and loving community.

The only problem I have had with LOTC is certain groups joining, not for the roleplay, but purely for banditing. Don't get me wrong, I love cool bandits where the roleplay is interesting. I don't want to point out what they do or who they are, but to the person who tried to stick an arrow in Knox's ribs, you are, by far, my favorite banditing experience. I know it may sound weird, but I genuinely enjoyed almost being robbed as he he did his thing, but to those who have copy paste emotes purely to fight and only take, but never give, I don't personally care for it, so it would be having bandits supply interesting emotes and be more than just someone who goes around robbing others.

Favorite book you've read
With no other book coming quite as close, I love Maze Runner. The books are amazing. The Plot is perfect, and having the final book as the prequel explains every question the reader had is something no other series has done. I wish I could give myself an amnestic to forget what happens and read it again.